Weekly Buffed Characters (Updated 3/23/19)

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    And a call-out for help to anyone reading... maybe I've missed something, but I believe 3* Luke Cage has been MIA for over 2 months now. He was due to be boosted the week beginning 10/6, as he has been boosted the same week as Iron Fist for the last 5 out of 6 weeks he's been boosted, according to my records.
    I'm having a conversation with myself here, but just in case there is anyone reading this thread past the first page and cares, prodigal son 3* Luke Cage has returned, appearing in the boosted list for the week beginning 11/3.

So either Demiurge is reading my conversation to myself or they just coincidentally realized that Luke Cage has been missing for a while. Either way, the Hero for Hire is back and all is right with the world.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Hey, I'm reading this thread! I am very happy to see 3* Cage boosted again. With Falcon also boosted, I see a lot of Cage/Falcon plus Iron Fist or maybe 3Blade in my future.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    The possibility of 4cyke/Starlord/4hawk all being boosted the week after next week sounds amazing.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    I read your thread too... sometimes. Am I the only one that feels Rulk is buffed every other week? I hate Rulk week.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Ding wrote:
    I read your thread too... sometimes. Am I the only one that feels Rulk is buffed every other week? I hate Rulk week.
    Nope, I feel the same way. I missed the yellow Nova-cover in "Nefarious Foes" because I was constantly smashed by overpowered Red Hulks. Even my best championed 4* (Iceman, JG, HB, Peggy and Cyclops) don`t stand a chance against a 30k+ Rhulk whose "Hammer & Anvil" can down your whole team within one turn! icon_e_sad.gif
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    11/10/2016 3* lists Cyclops, but Ragnarok is the one boosted.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    jgomes32 wrote:
    11/10/2016 3* lists Cyclops, but Ragnarok is the one boosted.
    Thanks for the catch; the OP has been corrected.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    The OP has been updated and for the week beginning 12/1, right now it's a combination of the December Sneak Peek post by Brigby and my own predictions.

The Sneak Peek lists only three buffed 4* characters; Thor isn't listed but should be, based on the rotation schedule.

The Sneak Peek also lists 3* Daken as a sixth buffed 3* character, but I highly doubt that's accurate, since he's currently buffed this week.
  • stochasticism
    Next week has the potential to have Drax, Sam Wilson, Winter Soldier and Spiderwoman buffed. This would be one of the worst sets of 4*s buffed ever. Really hoping for either Nova or KP. Both would be better.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Next week has the potential to have Drax, Sam Wilson, Winter Soldier and Spiderwoman buffed. This would be one of the worst sets of 4*s buffed ever. Really hoping for either Nova or KP. Both would be better.
    Actually, I think it's highly likely it will only be one of them... I just realized it's been a month since 4* Blade's debut PVP event, so he's due to enter the rotation now. That would make the most likely scenario be Sam Wilson, Drax, Blade and one more.

They tend to put at least one "older" 4* in each week, so I think either Kingpin or Nova are very possible, but both is unlikely.
  • stochasticism
    You were 100% right about Blade. Impressive.

The following then will be icon_kingpin.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_wintersoldier.png + ?

Only have KP champed now but will have the ISO to champ at least one more. Thinking WS though hopefully the last spot provides a good option.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I don't know if there's a absolute fixed rotation for these, but looking back at previous boosts, IMHB was buffed the week of 6/9, then GR/Fury/Iceman the week of 6/16. So I'm wondering if IMHB comes "first" out of those four and is the odds-on favorite for the final slot next week.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    The OP has been updated to reflect the actual in-game buffs for this week. The "subject to change before release" Sneak Peek thread had listed Nick Fury as a 4* boost and IM40 for a 3* boost; when Juggernaut: Heroic appeared in game, however, Nick was replaced by Deadpool and IM40 by Blade. Rather unfortunate as I was looking forward to IM40 in a Heroic.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I clearly have OCD because the 4* forum smilies in the OP constantly annoy me; some of them are too small (e.g. Winter Soldier and War Machine), several don't have transparent backgrounds, and Agent Venom needs his own icon.
    They need to line up like the 3* list, dammit! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    bigsmooth wrote:
    I clearly have OCD because the 4* forum smilies in the OP constantly annoy me; some of them are too small (e.g. Winter Soldier and War Machine), several don't have transparent backgrounds, and Agent Venom needs his own icon.
    They need to line up like the 3* list, dammit! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Unfortunately I have no control over that and it annoys me as well. I believe it comes from multiple people creating those smilies over the years. I believe when IceIX was here he created them in a consistent manner but then after he left they got created, but not always in the same style.

And I totally agree, Agent Venom needs his own icon. I hate that I had to put the word "Agent" in front of it to distinguish it. Perhaps you should start a petition (or at least a post) asking Brigby to update the icons. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    If the prediction for 1/5/16 is correct then would Miles or Cho be a better partner for Red Hulk?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the prediction for 1/5/16 is correct then would Miles or Cho be a better partner for Red Hulk?
    Cho, probably. He can help Rulk get Green AP.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    01/26/2017 3* is Deadpool and Loki over Cap. Marvel and BW.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    jgomes32 wrote:
    01/26/2017 3* is Deadpool and Loki over Cap. Marvel and BW.
    Whoops. This is now corrected.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    figures MK, quake and possibly nova hit during offseason. hate missing good character boosts on offseason weeks