decks to lose creatures?

Options
I haven't found a good sacrifice engine to enable me to meet some of the event secondary conditions, when you need to LOSE creatures. How do you guys solve this? Some of the higher level ones (like inverter of Truth) I have issues beating normally.

Comments

• Ciotog
    Ciotog Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I usually get these objectives using a zombie L2 or Sarkhan deck. Oath of Lil &/or Graf Harvest + Prized amalgam makes it pretty easy and fairly painless to cycle creatures. Sarkhan's second ability can also be used to kill your creatures usefully. The rest of the desk would focus on creature removal (grip/to the slaughter/inner struggle/disintegration/etc.).
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Liliana 2.0 I've found is the best one for this.

My current list really thrives on losing creatures and has:
    Prized Amalgam
    Diregraff Colossus
    Noosegraf Mob
    Voracious Null
    Grip of Desolation
    Bone Splinters
    Ever After
    From Under the Floorboards
    Graf Harvest
    Choked Estuary

With this build, you lose creatures, especially Prized Amalgam pretty often due to just having defender, and they will return if you have out Graf Harvest or Liliana's emblem. I find it's easiest to meet the losing creature goal if I have just one Prized Amalgam and Graf Harvest since it'll continually recur the amalgam until I lose a sufficient number of creatures for the goal. Additionally, I often use Bone Splinters on my Prized Amalgam as a kill spell, or I'll use it on my Noosegraf Mob when it's near death, and Ever After is great to getting back Diregraff Colossus.

With zero mythics in this deck, this should be easier to build than many other deck lists, so hope this helps!
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    akoum stonewaker kills it's elemental at the end of every turn on any
    landslide. a support that spawns a creatures together with another
    support that gives vigilance to that creature work great. eg murder
    investigation with knightly valour. alternatively use a beserker style
    support. some black spells and combos that require you to kill your
    own creature. lilianas grave mist will often kill your own low toughness
    creatures which you could try raise dead to field more creatures
    quickly. reinforced creatures only count as one kill so hold onto full
    mana creatures next in line to make the numbers. dual planewalkers
    including black can offer good choice of cards.

HH
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    akoum stonewaker kills it's elemental at the end of every turn on any
    landfall.

HH

On a related note, Ally Gideon kills the token he makes from his first loyalty ability too.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lilly 2 is the way i get most of them honestly relentless dead and boneplinters to wipe one of their creatures, hell i wip it just gor giggles at time for card dicard for the ai but gideon with one of the tokens then vig or defender would work too
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oath of Liliana with prized amalgam, graf harvest, bone splinters and altars reap, if you want call the bloodline to generate extra creatures its an OK creature generator as well.