5star best teams

Options
Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
I was thinking today that I don't remember seeing any thread about what are the best 5star teams, so it would be really cool if people commented about which are the best pairs for every 5 (well, we can forget Cap icon_razz.gif) and which are the best PvP teams, best sim teams and best PVE teams.

First best pals (perfect for BFF PvP)

SS: BBolt
OML: PH
PH: Spidey
Spidey: IM46
GG: Spidey ?
IM46: Spidey
Banner: OML? (The undying duo?)
BBolt: PH
BW: BBolt ?
Strange: PH or maybe GG?

I don't know which is the best pair for GG. It is something I have wondered for a long time. I guess his best pals are a 3/5/5 IM or Spidey but I am not sure. Maybe even PH. But none of them really complement him. BBolt also looks like a good match if they didn't share two colors :S

PvP Team: IM46 + Spidey (specially if the third one is team IM)
Sim Team: PH + OML + BBolt
PvE Team: Strange + BBolt + PH

A lot of doubts, but I just have three champed 5s, so a lot of this is just theory. Feedback from players with all 5s champed will be specially appreciated.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does the color overlap matter much for bb/gg? Most peoplr eschew bb's yellow, and bb's black is passive. But bb's boarddestruction might interfere with gg's special tile heavy powerset.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well they should all be fortified anyways, right?

Purple pumpkin bombs into Quasi-Sonic Scream sounds like a thing. I don't know if it's worth it over just red bombs and whisper, I guess. Could work in a pinch to clear the board of a bunch of strike tiles
  • Polares
    Options
    The problem also about GG and BBolt in the same team is that a part than having a lot of color overlap, you have two active yellows that they are not that useful :S . GG's is still usable with his purple but it is not impactful overall. BBolt's is even worse. So one active black, purple and green, then one black and yellow passives that are also very good. Their powers are so good that it might work...

But add your teams also! Do you agree with the ones I mentioned? I am sure there are better teams icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My highest 5-star is a 271 2/2/1 icon_silversurfer.png so I don't have much insight into that, unfortunately.

My favourite pair so far is OML/Strange, for PVE anyways. I don't bother throwing them in PVP with so few covers.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought that GG-IM46 was supposed to be an offensive juggernaut, given the 5 active damage colors. Maybe that's from the meta when there were only like six 5*, but that's what I remember reading.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    The problem also about GG and BBolt in the same team is that a part than having a lot of color overlap, you have two active yellows that they are not that useful :S . GG's is still usable with his purple but it is not impactful overall. BBolt's is even worse. So one active black, purple and green, then one black and yellow passives that are also very good. Their powers are so good that it might work...

But add your teams also! Do you agree with the ones I mentioned? I am sure there are better teams icon_e_wink.gif

Sadly, IM46 would be a perfect third for GG/BB, giving them full color coverage, and offering a better yellow than either. But since neither BB nor GG is on Team IM, IM46 won't have nearly as much offensive utility.

The only other Blue/Red user in 5* land to cover the GG/BB gap is Surfer (no, Cap doesn't count!). You do create black overlap with GG, but this is probably as good as it gets. Especially since SS's charged tiles will fuel BB. I guess this is a variant of the proposed SS/BB team in Polares' initial list.
  • Polares
    Options
    I thought that GG-IM46 was supposed to be an offensive juggernaut, given the 5 active damage colors. Maybe that's from the meta when there were only like six 5*, but that's what I remember reading.

The only big problem is that GG is not team IM, so IM's red is not as strong as it could. Then depending who is featured or if you can chose your third, you might need to go 3/5/5 to maximise his yellow. This is not that bad because GG will also fortify IM's countdowns, so IM's yellow is so much useful when paired with GG.

In the current meta though, they have the problem of not having a lot of ways of defending against OML+PH strike tiles, so you might need to use a lot of health packs. BW is of course a good counter to those countdowns. But yeah, they are quite strong together, but I don't know if they are the strongest team.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think GG and BSS pair reasonably well. My experience is limited as my 5s aren't maxed but...

Good colour pairings with no overlap except a passive and GG purple placed on blue tiles will give you a good stun to release acrobatic takedown. Its also good vs Phoenix/Oml teams due to spidey passive and gg high damage black (which means you'll also deny Oml black too)

He's a tad odd is goblin in that the only person he seems to pair well with is his arch nemesis. Doesn't really work that well with anyone else, though bolt passive will help speed up GG purple...possibly
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Some info on my experience with GG. Usually i use GG/SW for heavy attacks and quick victory on PVP final hours, GG protects SW cd tile and if makes cascade the damage is on GG numbers, not SW.

I have used GG (lv.360) on last BFF and works fine with m46 (lv.330) and Surfer (lv.330). With m46 yellow solapes but with no friendly cd tiles on board that power is used by m46. I made the final stand with Surfer because he has faster red attack and can regenerate his health who makes me save the healthpacks for Osborn. GG makes +11k damage for only 8 black tiles and he protects the tile on next turn so 2 attacks kills mostly enemys, is a good char but need to protect the cd black tile or loses great potential.

pd: for the new players (as i was sometime icon_e_biggrin.gif )

GG: Green Goblin
    SW: Scarlett Witch
    m46: Iron Man Mark XLVI
    Surfer: himself
    cd tile: countdown tile
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Sadly, IM46 would be a perfect third for GG/BB, giving them full color coverage, and offering a better yellow than either. But since neither BB nor GG is on Team IM, IM46 won't have nearly as much offensive utility.

The only other Blue/Red user in 5* land to cover the GG/BB gap is Surfer (no, Cap doesn't count!). You do create black overlap with GG, but this is probably as good as it gets. Especially since SS's charged tiles will fuel BB. I guess this is a variant of the proposed SS/BB team in Polares' initial list.

I don't have a usable IM to test, but Surfer works well in that role. Used that team quite a bit in Earth's Mightiest the other day. Trying to remember who else I used there; there were several with Goblin and/or BSS that were great for one or two fights but had no staying power.

For two man teams, Bolt/Nat and Bolt/BSS are both very good (the latter especially against OML/Phoenix), but again, no endurance.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i only have 3 champ 5*, SS, OML and Phx so my experience is limited to these 3.

i was using SS- Phx for BFF and it was lotsa fun! For heavy metal this was also a good team.

SS- Phx have 4 active color, and the abilities are generally low cost. my fave is to gather 9 blue ap and 14 purple ap. cast perfect being on red tiles, and then cast Psychic Rapport. the cascades with the charge tiles will get you a lot of red ap, and you can ask pew-pew away with SS red.

so far i really like SS. he's a fun and tactical character.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's worth noting the only twosome with rainbow coverage is OML / BSS, for quick and deadly match damage e.g Seals and Seeds this is a good combo.
  • Polares
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    It's worth noting the only twosome with rainbow coverage is OML / BSS, for quick and deadly match damage e.g Seals and Seeds this is a good combo.

I think BSS+PH is better team than OML+BSS. It is true that you lose black, but PH has two actives that work also really well with BSS, and you add a purple active to the mix. Not going after black is just a problem if in the other team there is a GG, BBolt doesn't have an active and black OML strikes are not a danger anymore icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Polares
    Options
    I was hoping we could get more info from people with all 5s champed icon_e_sad.gif

Common Jobob, Colog, KDN, etc. I invoke you theeeee !!!! Show your favourite teams !!!
  • Polares
    Options
    So, looks like things have changed a bit with the new 5 :O

Best PvP team: Thanos+BBolt or Thanos+GG
    Best sim team: Thanos+BBolt+SS

New category:

Crazy passives team: Strange, BBolt, Thanos
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Man, this one is scary. Who should be killed first?
  • Orangecrush
    Options
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Man, this one is scary. Who should be killed first?
    Strange because of the low health, then likely bolt. Just have to mind the green. Trouble is the match could drag and you would have to outlast the bolt passive damage.

I like to run SS/pnx/SL in PvE on goon nodes, but that's because I don't really have a usable bolt or strange yet. I think that Thanos/GG would be pretty great on offense. Green or black could lead to a very fast game over.