Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Kate Bishop

13»

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I have a one black cover Kate. Did the node for the heck of it. It was amusing
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I beat OML 3rd try with level 100 4/2/5 Kate. I used 2 B/P, 100% damage on B/P, and 2 all color boosts. Name of the game is deny black, try to shoot off blue and purple moves A.S.A.P.

Thanos black from LT
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Bumped my 0/1/5 to lvl 152 to get more hit points, and won it on the first try. I used purple and black AP boosts and increased black match damage.
    I just denied black with purple as the second priority. I managed to get the purple CD to resolve and then hit him with 2x black to win it with maybe 1500 health left. He didn't fire his black at all.

Other alliance members are reporting wins with low-level Kates like a lvl 86 5/3/5 and a lvl 111 0/1/3, which speaks to her damage output.

Reward was a icon_warmachine.pngblueflag.png , which is helpful as he is now 3/2/3.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    2/5/1 Lvl 172 Kate, no boosts, finished it on the first try. Saved 16 black, which was great because I was also denying OML's black. Double casted black at 6124 dmg each, downed that hairy Canadian like an elk.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Maxed my 0/3/3 Kate to 147 and managed it with all plus ap boosts.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    3/0/2 127 Kate, beat him with +2 Blue/Purple and all colors boosts, and +100% match damage.

Denying Logan his colors is key on this one. Mercifully, Kates damage is pretty respectable even at low covers, but with such low health you just can't take very many hits.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't do the math on my 1/1/1 78 Kate and tried twice with boosts (stockpiles and damage) -- she only has about 8.5 turns to do 11K damage, but her powers at my level only do about 1K each. So, looks like my first failure of the cycle.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Unbelievable.
    Kate at 0/2/2
    Lvl 106, health capped at 5610.

12th try, won with 147 health remaining haaa.
    Finally got a board where boosts could help get purple fired off twice. Once right before a match-5 so the strikes would add to the damage. Then the 2nd when I could fire two blacks powers in a row.
    Had to time it so that the purple CD would resolve 1 turn before the black CD went off (one that I couldn't match away).
    I would not suggest this attempt if you have a bad heart or an easily-thrown phone.
    Will draw the LT by tomorrow.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Moon Roach's level 160 2/4/4 won without even really trying in my first testing-the-water run through. I got a Kate black from the token, so now she's 2/5/4.

Wolveroach's level 127 2/2/2 will be giving it a try later. :edit: and won, 4th time lucky. Miles red, making him 4/1/4.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it done on first try with 1/2/3/ lvl 131 Kate. Used +2 blue/purple AP, +2 all AP and +50% damage blue/purple boosts. It was close, only had less than 2000 health left but wasn't that terrible, as suggested above, deny black is first priority and then grab as much blue and purple as possible. I think I got each power off once, maybe black twice.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know what I was doing my first 2 attempts, but I failed, and spectacularly.

On my 3rd attempt, won with relative ease with my L141, 3/3/5 Kate. +2B/P, +2All, + 100% TU
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Easily the fastest Crash I've ever won. 133 5/1/5 Kate, first try, no boosts, got a match-4 purple on the first move, got a few blue matches, cascaded into another purple, fired blue and purple, it was finished in under 30 seconds. I just kinda blinked for a bit, as my luck usually runs in the polar opposite direction.

Reward: token_legendary.pngpurpleflag.pngicon_blackwidow.png (now 4/1/1)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hahahahaha!!!!
    My level 127 0/2/3 Kate wins! Took more than a few tries. Based on how everyone else was doing I tried a few times just boosting AP first before I boosted damage.

Probably would have done better had I not tried hoarding EVERYTHING to the end for some of my earlier attempts. Used Purple every chance I could, but sat on my black, used it as a finisher back to back. Had 6 health points left at the end. That was intense!

My reward? A Hulkbuster cover which gave me another 2 CP, which gave me 20 for another Legenday Pull, a Mr Fantastic, which gave me a Legendary Token, which gave me Red Nova bringing him to 3/3/4. What a tangled web of rewards...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took a little under 10 attempts, but my 2/2/1 level 111 Kate beat OML. Boosted her colors along with 125% critical boosts.

Red Medusa from the token.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    0/1/3 lvl 111, took 4 tries. +2 boosted g/blk, blue/p, and all ap
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 70 1/0/0 ;_;

You can imagine how that went...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Tried once and didn't bother again even tough might had a chance.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    smkspy wrote:
    Took a little under 10 attempts, but my 2/2/1 level 111 Kate beat OML. Boosted her colors along with 125% critical boosts.

Red Medusa from the token.

Congrats. Tried about ~8 times, with and without boosts. Got OML once to under ~700 health, but couldn't seal the deal. Closer than I expected, though.