4/1/3 level 120 first try but her black really sucks
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    spiderpool wrote:
    Level your Kate bishop up more, at level 70 I don't think there is any 4* that can do their crash at that low level except maybe prof X that can go invisible.

I did it with a 1/1/3 lvl 115 Kate on my first try, was really close but definitely doable.
    Ant man, miles, professor, IW, Elektra are just the few I've done it with
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beat him on the third try with my 0/1/3 lvl 111 Kate. It was easier than I thought - her attacks pack a hell of a punch, and you really only have to deny black (though denying red and yellow helps to avoid high match damage.)
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    5/2/3 lvl 200 and this was one of the easiest crashes for me. Granted, her blue does 8K+ damage at this point, and you should be able to win any crash with a char at lvl 200, but, this took like 2 minutes to take the old man down.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beat him on the third try with my 0/1/3 lvl 111 Kate. It was easier than I thought - her attacks pack a hell of a punch, and you really only have to deny black (though denying red and yellow helps to avoid high match damage.)
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First try with 172 unboosted at 3/1/5. Fired purple when it was ready and finished it with double black. As noted above, focused on keeping black matches unavailable then matching purple and blue. Saving token for now since I have 4x 4 star.png at max covers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    I wasn't even going to try until I saw this. My 1/1/3 got him to 65 hit points, but that's the best I've done in six tries, so far. Definitely winnable...eventually...

Finally got it on the ninth try. Boosted all, B/P and G/B +2 (the G/B wasn't necessary in retrospect). Finally got a board where I could deny black while still collecting blue or purple. Ended up with two back-to-back black attacks after purple resolved with only 62 hit points to spare. The token gave me a green Warmachine making him 2/1/1.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/1/0 Kate Bishop means I'll probably be selling black covers in the future, but boy does it make her Crash easy.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It was tough, but I was able to beat OML today.

Though it required boosts and luck. And only on my third try (and first try with boosts). Boosts: Blue/Purple damage +50%; All Colors +100%; Crits +125%.

First turn took Wolverine to 700 HP with great crit cascades. Turns 2-12 I tried matching blue, then purple then black in an effort to build up enough to down OML. Upon review I should have favored black as he was able to fire his black power at turn 10 which quickly started to drain Kate of her health. Not to mention I was slowly watching OML gain HP as there was little blue and purple on the board to do real damage.

On turn 12 (or so) he was back up to 1724 and Kate was at 800. I had just matched the last black I needed to have enough to fire black for 1759 damage.

:Wiped sweat from my forehead:

Reward was my second X-23 purple. 5/5/2 there.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Kate Bishop was at 2/2/5 lvl 135. Must say had no problem at all. Only needed to use Boomerang once.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was about to say that I tried it on my 1/1/3 lvl 70 and it doesn't seem likely I can win so not going to pump levels into her. After reading this I leveled her up to 115. Got it without too much difficulty.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/5/5 level 120 first try.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    0 for 2 so far with my 2/1/5 Kate. So far the AI has just been impossible to block. I've given up matches that would have given me enough purple or blue in order to deny black, only to have the resulting tiles give him even more black.

Fortunately, the pattern for me seems to be to come here and complain about how impossible this is, how OBVIOUSLY stacked the AI is against you, how they do in fact KNOW what tiles are coming and how to bone you with that foreknowledge, and how D3 has clearly designed the game to discourage progression and enjoyment if you don't drop large sums of cash. And then after that I win within the next 2 attempts.

So let's just call my above description of my usual rant my Actual Rant and be done with it.

brb

UPDATE: Got him. I had 4 health left.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used 2/2/2 level 127 Kate with 50% g/b damage boost, 50% b/p damage boost, and 125% critical boost, kept him from getting a single black match (luck I guess? He could have made one or two before I got to them), got all 3 powers built up, fired them all off, made a few more matches and beat him with 648 health to spare on the first try.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My Kate Bishop is 1/3/1 at level 111 and I was able to defeat OML on my 3rd try. No boosts were used. I mostly just focused on getting black/pink/blue AP while also looking out for yellow as not to activate OML's Living Legend. Mostly got lucky with cascades and lots of black AP which resulted in multiple Looking For Trouble for victory.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/2/2 level 147

Gave it a try without boosts as a trial run. Won straight out, deny black , be patient to unleash multiple powers at once. Not too hard with a favorable board.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really didn't expect to be competitive in this Crash. My Kate is 3/0/2, but she didn't strike me as someone who could be competitive at 127 (which is her cap).

Then I saw folks posting about how their similar builds - either in terms of levels or coverage - were getting it done, so I decided to level her and give it a shot. Used b/p +50% damage, gr/bk +50% damage, +2 all AP. First try I lost primarily because in addition to denying black at every opportunity, I prioritized purple over blue. That was a mistake. Second try I got it done by focusing on black, blue, and purple in that order. One blue, one purple, and that was the shooting match.

Opened the token because I'm desperately trying to find a black/purple Deadpool (4) before my red champion reward from 3* Deadpool dies on the vine (and, apparently, before another red drops next event).

Thanos greenflag.png .
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I knew it was going to be OML, because she stops healing with her attack.

I actually beat him pretty easily on my first try using Because.. Boomerangs twice. The first time, I lost the CD, which means my matches had extra strike.pngs on them. The second B..B I did actually get the CD to go to completion, which finished him.

I didn't end up using her other powers. I have her at lv 152, 1/3/5.

All you really need to do is deny black. That's the only color you need to deny, so it's not too bad. And to top it off, black is one of her powers anyway.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really didn't expect to be competitive in this Crash. My Kate is 3/0/2, but she didn't strike me as someone who could be competitive at 127 (which is her cap).

Then I saw folks posting about how their similar builds - either in terms of levels or coverage - were getting it done, so I decided to level her and give it a shot. Used b/p +50% damage, gr/bk +50% damage, +2 all AP. First try I lost primarily because in addition to denying black at every opportunity, I prioritized purple over blue. That was a mistake. Second try I got it done by focusing on black, blue, and purple in that order. One blue, one purple, and that was the shooting match.

Opened the token because I'm desperately trying to find a black/purple Deadpool (4) before my red champion reward from 3* Deadpool dies on the vine (and, apparently, before another red drops next event).

Thanos greenflag.png .