PVE: Galactus Hungers (2016-12-22 to 2016-12-25)

rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
PVE: Galactus Hungers (2016-12-22 to 2016-12-25)

Event Info:
icon_galactus.png GALACTUS HUNGERS! icon_galactus.png

*warning: some information may be out of date*

Unfortunately no Galactus Hungers in mags PVE guide, so substituting in some Avengers vs Ultron info as a comparison:
[*]This is an alliance co-op PvE. You must join an alliance before starting the event. The first 20 players to join the event while in a single alliance will play the event together.
  • NOTE: the 21st player to join the PvE in the alliance will be playing on a new leaderboard (apart from the first 20 players), so alliances must be VERY careful to ensure only 20 players join the PvE under any single alliance.
  • If a player moves to alliance B after starting the event while a member of alliance A, the player will still be competing in the Avengers vs Ultron PvE under alliance A with the rest of the players who joined the PvE while in alliance A. NOTE: at least one player should remain in alliance A for the full run of the Avengers vs Ultron PvE; there have been problems in the past when temporary alliances were formed for this PvE and then completely abandoned before the event was completed.

Galactus Health From Run 1: (Courtesy Snagglepuss https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33978#p430440)
R1= 90,000
R2= 150,000
R3= 390,000
R4= 985,000
R5= 1,970,000
R6= 3,000,000
R7= 4,400,000
R8= 5,900,000

Updates to Galactus in Run 2 vs Run 1 (Courtesy Ice-X https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33992)
" wrote:
Here are the overall changes that we made for Galactus on run 2. Please use this thread for comments.

Ability changes
    - Galactus will now place fewer Countdown tiles in later rounds, with those tiles also lasting longer. At maximum, he'll be placing 2 tiles that last for 2 turns instead of up to 4 tiles with 1 turn. - Countdown tiles placed by Galactus now deal ~50% more damage each when they go off. So while there are less of them, you'll want to focus more on them in later rounds. - Cosmic tiles created by Countdown tiles going off have been reduced slightly in later rounds to a maximum of 4. - AP gained per Cosmic tile destroyed by Galactus has been greatly reduced. Now he gains a static 1 AP per tile, meaning he needs a full 28 (minus cascade gathered AP) to use his Wrath.

Mission changes
    - Eliminated the steady rise in scaling that occurred in earlier rounds. - Galactus Minion nodes now have an Anniversary token in place of their old Standard token drop - Galactus Boss nodes now have a +All AP Boost in place of the Crit Multiplier Boost - Personal progression reward tiers have been reduced starting at tier 3 by around ~14%-24%. That Legendary Token should be *far* more achievable now, especially with the difficulty changes above.

Essentials
    Black Panther, Cyclops (Classic), Gamora, Hawkeye (Any), Hulk (Indestructible), Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl, Steve Rogers (Any), Storm (Any)

Overall, this is going to make the Galactus rounds more based on damage taken from Cosmic tiles for players with rosters that don't have quite as much health, but leave Cosmic Wrath to be a real threat in later rounds. That being said, even if a player completely fails to take down any Cosmic tiles on the first run in a later round, it's not an instant Cosmic Wrath as it was before. In test, this allowed for *greatly* increased roster variability in earlier rounds and a still very wide roster choice in later rounds. Some strategies that worked before will remain the same (sap Galactus's AP, massive board shake, etc), others aren't so board luck based.

Edit: Added essentials for this run. Squirrel Girl needs to go against Galactus. It's canon.

This Event Essentials:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ghostrider.png Johnny Blaze
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png Patch
star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers Captain America

New Characters:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngmedusa_icon.png Inhuman Queen
star.pngstar.pngstar.png :thanos: modern

This Week:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_spiderman.png Back in Black
icon_blackwidow.png Natasha Romanoff
icon_wolverine.png Old Man Logan
icon_hulk.png Bruce Banner

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_cyclops.png Classic
icon_hulkcho.png Totally Awesome
icon_wolverine.png X-Force

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png Grey Suit
icon_cyclops.png Uncanny X-Men
icon_daredevil.png Man Without Fear
icon_hulk.png Indestructible
icon_spiderman.png Classic

star.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png Original
icon_hawkeye.png Modern
icon_spiderman.png Bag-Man

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png Modern
icon_hawkeye.png Classic
icon_spiderman.png Original

Level 8
Progression Rewards:

5000: token_event.png - Naught or Nice
10000: 200 iso8big.png
20000: Rainbow Damage Boost
31500: healthpackbig.png
52700: +3 Stockpile redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
80000: 280 iso8big.png
112400: star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png
149000: 280 iso8big.png
189500: token_event.png
234000: 280 iso8big.png
281500: star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
332000: 500 iso8big.png
385000: 25 heropointsbig.png
441500: 500 iso8big.png
500000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
553500: 1000 iso8big.png
627000: 25 heropointsbig.png
711000: token_event.png
802500: 2000 iso8big.png
900000: token_legendary.png - Purple Reign

Round Rewards:

90000: token_event.png
150000: star.pngstar.pngstar.png :thanos: greenflag.png
390000: star.pngstar.pngstar.png :thanos: blackflag.png
985000: star.pngstar.pngstar.png :thanos: purpleflag.png
1970000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png
3000000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.pngblackflag.png
4400000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.pngblueflag.png
5900000: token_legendary.png - Purple Reign

Previous Runs
2016-02-01 - Galactus Hungers
2015-10-15 - Galactus Hungers
2015-10-08 - Galactus Hungers

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I`m glad to see that Cyclops (Classic) is buffed for this event. I`ve run him succesfully in Boss Rush against Galactus (even though he wasn`t neither championed nor buffed at that point). So I don`t think that he will let me down this time. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Destroying Galactus easy in these early rounds but I call a tiny kitty situation as I cleared a pin and Galactus has remained locked icon_e_sad.gif what a waste!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Destroying Galactus easy in these early rounds but I call a tiny kitty situation as I cleared a pin and Galactus has remained locked icon_e_sad.gif what a waste!

At least you didn't have a crash on the Enter Galactus screen... You are awarded no points, and it's locked until you clear another Required Character fight.
  • I have also beaten some pins and found Galactus still locked. It's happened at least 3 times so far. I hope this gets addressed!
  • Erndiese
    Erndiese Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Quick question: I am in an alliance but haven't entered this event yet. Per alliance chat, we are in round 3. If I join the event now, will I receive the rewards for the rounds already completed?

I don't want to miss out but want to start contributing.

Tia,
    E
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Erndiese wrote:
    Quick question: I am in an alliance but haven't entered this event yet. Per alliance chat, we are in round 3. If I join the event now, will I receive the rewards for the rounds already completed?

I don't want to miss out but want to start contributing.

Tia,
    E

Yes, you'll get all the previous rewards once you start playing the event.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    So what are some good strategies for the later rounds?
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    djpt05 wrote:

Use either strong defense, strong attack or steal AP. Or all of them with Hood, Hulkbuster and Ironfist
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    djpt05 wrote:

One strategy that worked well in Boss Rush, and didn’t require 4* characters, was 3*Hulk/3*Storm/Kamala. If you got them champed, set them to this:

Hulk: 3/5/5 (as long as the black is 5, whatever with the first two)
    Storm: 5/5/3
    Kamala: 5/5/3

Generate green for Storm to use her Lightening Strike. Don’t use Green for anyone else, just let Hulk tank until this gets going. Have Kamala only do her purple to generate more green. The idea is with Storm’s Lightening Strike to keep firing it, doing board shake and collecting AP and to keep the ball rolling, not giving Galactus a turn. This should hopefully destroy all his countdowns as you go. Fire Storm’s yellow as you go too for more board shake and preferably BEFORE you fire her green, to increase your chance of getting colored AP. Meanwhile Kamala will keep healing to keep you strong.

Warning: this is a slow fight, and can take time to get going. But if you do, there’s a very good chance to keep it rolling along to slowly whittle him down with Big G barely getting any turns. I was amazed how well this worked in Boss Rush when my 4* teams had failed.

If you do have 4*’s, The one I plan on using in Round 7 & 8 is Ghost Rider + Iton Fist + someone to tank black for GR (I use OML, but that’s not an option for everyone.) Its all about the Penance Stare (5 covers so its 200% damage back), IF generating black for GR, the tank taking the damage to fuel it. It’s health pack costly in nature, usually IF doesn’t survive the fight, but it got it done everytime on the last run of this event (and Civil War)
  • Tatercat wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:

One strategy that worked well in Boss Rush, and didn’t require 4* characters, was 3*Hulk/3*Storm/Kamala. If you got them champed, set them to this:

Generate green for Storm to use her Lightening Strike. Don’t use Green for anyone else, just let Hulk tank until this gets going. Have Kamala only do her purple to generate more green. The idea is with Storm’s Lightening Strike to keep firing it, doing board shake and collecting AP and to keep the ball rolling, not giving Galactus a turn. This should hopefully destroy all his countdowns as you go. Fire Storm’s yellow as you go too for more board shake and preferably BEFORE you fire her green, to increase your chance of getting colored AP. Meanwhile Kamala will keep healing to keep you strong.

Warning: this is a slow fight, and can take time to get going. But if you do, there’s a very good chance to keep it rolling along to slowly whittle him down with Big G barely getting any turns. I was amazed how well this worked in Boss Rush when my 4* teams had failed.

If you do have 4*’s, The one I plan on using in Round 7 & 8 is Ghost Rider + Iton Fist + someone to tank black for GR (I use OML, but that’s not an option for everyone.) Its all about the Penance Stare (5 covers so its 200% damage back), IF generating black for GR, the tank taking the damage to fuel it. It’s health pack costly in nature, usually IF doesn’t survive the fight, but it got it done everytime on the last run of this event (and Civil War)

Also 4* Cyclops, KK and Storm: you got 2 more powers to use, it can be a mini-Winfinite - but I guess you cited the Hulk/Storm/KK team for 3* players
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:

I got a bit cocky (the difference between levels 4 & 5 are massive) and actually lost a Galactus fight (GASP!). Used your three star winfinite team and was really impressed - thank you!

Just to add to that, Storm's black just adds to the carnage (but may be a pain if you can't bust out Kks pink).

My hulk is at level 196 so it was too high to get any retaliation from, but in higher levels, it will definitely be better. I will also make sure to set KKs pink to 5 (forgot).
  • So on round 7 I got a wave mission: 2 waves, from l57 to level..347 icon_neutral.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    So on round 7 I got a wave mission: 2 waves, from l57 to level..347 icon_neutral.gif

Got a Hulk wave mission from Lv61 to Lv353 in round 6, I'm guessing the second wave is Rulk icon_question.gif
  • Alfje17 wrote:
    So on round 7 I got a wave mission: 2 waves, from l57 to level..347 icon_neutral.gif

Got a Hulk wave mission from Lv61 to Lv353 in round 6, I'm guessing the second wave is Rulk icon_question.gif
    Mine it was Venom (Eddie)
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 wrote:

Mine it was Venom (Eddie)

Yes, it was Lv353 Eddie Brock Venom, a bit weird, with it being a Hulk mission, Rulk seemed more appropriate.
  • merry christmas

i cant be the only one who experiences this:

i KO galactus, go to a node, beat that node and want to fight galactus again BUT galactus is locked!

this happens sometimes two times in a row. my mates in the alliances say the same thing. we cant play galactus although we SHOULD be able to. very hard to clear rounds that way

do other people get this problem, too?
  • Erndiese
    Erndiese Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    merry christmas

i cant be the only one who experiences this:

i KO galactus, go to a node, beat that node and want to fight galactus again BUT galactus is locked!

this happens sometimes two times in a row. my mates in the alliances say the same thing. we cant play galactus although we SHOULD be able to. very hard to clear rounds that way

do other people get this problem, too?

In case you didn't see this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56380
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Tatercat said:

Generate green for Storm to use her Lightening Strike. Don’t use Green for anyone else, just let Hulk tank until this gets going.
    Does 3* Hulk retaliate (Black/Anger) for 5% of his max health, or current health?

Edit: I ask 'cause if it's current, I just won't waste a health pack on him.

Edit 2: I've found that if your 3*Hulk is too big for the 5%, IM40 works great at 5/3/5. His Recharge gives Green and Red, and his Unibeam is an excellent Galactus finisher.