Need clarification Deploy The Gatewatch

Options
arNero
arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
Recently when I am playing with Deploy the Gatewatch in a deck with a single creature card (in my case it's Hangarback Walker), I occasionally run into the situation where Deploy the Gatewatch fetches only two creatures. And while I've yet to clarify it further, I think there was also a case where Deploy can't be cast as though i have no more creatures in the deck.

Has anyone run into the same problem? The recent bug fixes threads don't seem to address changes that will cause this effect, or maybe I wasn't thorough in reading...

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It sounds like the ages-old inconsistency with the fetch mechanic. There have been cases where it will fail to fetch beyond your initial limit (four cards).

Make note of whether or not you have a) any HW already in hand or b) any HW already played to the board before your deploy.

I don't know the intended mechanic of DtG unfortunately. To my knowledge it's not supposed to thin out our deck.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had this happen to me for the first time in my last game. Wasn't able to cast it, until I put an Ulrich on the board. Then I was able to cast it as usual, for whatever reason.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we get a word from the devs on this? It's probably going to be a key with a lot of people in Dovin.