Who will be the top 3 3-stars in the Holiday Rankings?

Options
rc35
rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
edited December 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Anybody care to speculate who the top 3 3-stars will be in the Holiday Rankings?
I'll start, I reckon:
1st Dr Strange,
2nd IM40,
3rd Iron Fist

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron Man 40 still wins it for me. Strange is great but IM40 accelerates the powers of so many characters in this game that he cant be anything other than number 1 for me.

1st IM40
    2nd Dr Strange
    3rd Iron Fist
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 IM40
    2 Switch
    3 Iron Fist
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 IM 40
    2 Switch
    3 Kkhan
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    #1 will undoubtedly be IM40. I would guess Fist and Switch as #2 and #3.

Until you have Strang3 at 5/3/5 (and many people still don't) it's hard to understand how fast he can obliterate goons.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The IM40 update was amazing. Consider where he used to be, ranked, an incredible improvement.

He's definitely the top, with Strange/Fist/KK as the mix for the next 3 (no particular order).

I saw how good Strange would be and actually spent CP to get the last few covers. One of two characters I have done that for (Peggy being the other, just one cover there). Both were 100% worth it.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My guess is

1.IM40
    2.IF
    3.SW

3Strange is good, but I don't think he is good enough outside goon nodes in PvE to be in the top three. His lifepoint is on the low side makes him a bullseye on your back in PvP. His purple is not really that useful for its cost (may be good as TU for making purple ap). He is definitely among the top10 in my opinion though.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New characters tend to have higher variance due to different cover distribution. I'm going to guess Strang3 is #6 as that character has a lot of 10s but a lot of 8s lowering the rankings. As for the top 3, if you take out strang3 it should clearly be im40, switch and fist.
  • rc35
    Options
    ... I'm going to guess Strang3 is #6 as that character has a lot of 10s but a lot of 8s lowering the rankings. ...
    Yes, I agree, I saw that after I posted. Looks like just about everyone agrees with IM40 for #1, with SWitch & Iron Fist for the silver & bronze. We'll see soon enough! icon_e_smile.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40
    Kamala Khan
    Iron Fist
    I'm sure Strange will move up but those three are Champions
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I actually think of KK and Switch as fairly equivalent. Depends on whether you want to generate purple or green. My thing on KK is she's more flexible and can be useful in three roles: healing, ap generation, and damage. Switch has ap generation great damage with stun, but it's random, which I'm not a big fan of. I give KK the edge for versatility.
  • rc35
    Options
    And the result was... IM40, Iron Fist, SWitch in that order.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New characters tend to have higher variance due to different cover distribution. I'm going to guess Strang3 is #6 as that character has a lot of 10s but a lot of 8s lowering the rankings. As for the top 3, if you take out strang3 it should clearly be im40, switch and fist.

Boom.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Boom.

Yeah good call, I was totally with you on that one.