Decklists for Dovin Baan?

NinjaE
NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
Topic locked. To discuss Dovin, head to the official thread: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=56860 // Alve

What are you running? I'm using a Deploy list with 3 fatties at the moment.

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been trying to build for his energize ability, mostly building to work up to his ultimate and quickly close out the game. I'm missing a few key cards from the block that I think will really do well for him, and free up a card slot of two. Looking at Aethersquall Ancient as a possible card, though I realize it'll hose my end game strategy, Dynavolt Tower, and Deadlock Trap for possible cards if/when I get them.

Current list includes

Creatures:
    Electrostatic Pummeler
    Multiform Wanderer
    Janeet Sentry
    Aetherstorm Roc
    Empyreal Voyager

Spells:
    Exert Influence
    Saheeli's Artistry

Supports:
    Aether Hub
    Claustrophobia
    Suppression Bonds

I have a lot of disable the first creature effects as a result of my strategy to beating Torrential Gearhulk in last weekend's event since keeping the first creature disabled was a good strategy to dealing with an opponent that pops out servos every other turn.

Basic strategy is using disable to keep my opponent's creatures under control with Claustrophobia/Suppression Bonds/Janjeet Sentry while building up loyalty. I try to get out Empyreal Voyager as soon as possible since this is the real hero creature of the deck, and will always play Saheeli's Artistry on it to energize as much of the field as possible, which results in more control from disable creatures from Janeet Sentry and Aetherstorm Roc, and once I pull off the ultimate, it means a virtuous cycle of creature buffs on Empyreal Voyager to increased energy on the board, meaning easier to buff all my creatures, leading to even more energy on the field... you see the cycle. Also an added benefit means that adding energy to the field is a form of control. If the field is fully energized at the beginning of you opponent's turn, they can no use any loyalty abilities to create support gems.
  • I'm not even showing him avail to buy? Did he disappear alrdy??
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    He'll be in the vault for crystals on the 29th. That was announced earlier today.
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Creatures:
    Metalwork Colossus
    Lashweed Lurker
    Heron's Grace Champion

Spells:
    Exert Influence
    Gone Missing
    Fragmentize

Supports:
    Suppression Bonds
    Hixus, Prison Warden
    Tamiyo's Journal
    Shrine of Forsaken Gods
  • Just bought Dovin, tried many different ways of playing him. Although fun, he is way too slow, it's still better to just play regularly treating him as a white/blue walker and using only his first ability. I made a spirit deck with rattlechains which was quite amazing.
  • Spiritdark
    Spiritdark Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Here is my standard Dovin build I've been playing for the last month or so:

Creatures:
    Gisela, the Broken Blade
    Empyreal Voyager
    Visionary Augmenter

Spells:
    Saheeli's Artistry
    Confiscation Coup
    Swift Reckoning
    Enshrouding Mist
    Chilling Grasp

Supports:
    Consulate Surveillance
    Suppression Bonds

It has worked surprisingly well but I figure that's the style of build everyone and their dog is going to be playing for the event... so I'm going a different route to keep the other decks off balance and their energy generation insignificant.

Creatures:
    Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
    Cataclysmic Gearhulk
    Gisela, the Broken Blade
    Scrapheap Scrounger
    Lantern Scout

Spells:
    Descend upon the Sinful
    Saheeli's Artistry
    Pieces of the Puzzle

Supports:
    Vessel of Paramnesia