More, Please!!

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Can we please have more double manna / no objective events?

I love the holiday Showdown. It makes my fast QB deck feel slow in QB.

Thanks for this one!!!

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only flaw in this one was the 8 hour recharge.

With just one node and a maximum of 10 charges in a non ranked event, it would really have been fine with a 4 hour recharge or even less.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Only flaw in this one was the 8 hour recharge.

With just one node and a maximum of 10 charges in a non ranked event, it would really have been fine with a 4 hour recharge or even less.

I agree. I would have liked TR opportunity to really grind this one.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There should have been no recharge on this at all. The node should have been fully charged and if you win them all you win the prizes. The charges and this event make me question the level of thought put into this. It would have been nice if you had just said happy holidays and 1 year anniversary. We appreciate our player base very much here is gift to say thank you.Thalia, 2packs of Kaladesh, 100 crystals. Then your entire player base would have been happy especially in light of the unexpected hike in Planeswalker crystal cost.
  • Hibernum_Will
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

Thanks for this one!!!

Glad you liked it! icon_cool.gif
  • Ampmp11
    Ampmp11 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

Thanks for this one!!!

I did like it, but the games end so quickly that I'm left twiddling my thumbs and complaining on the forums.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why not to allow us (after completing the event) just play a bit without refresh time and without rewards? Allow us to switch planeswalkers and try it for fun?
  • Ampmp11
    Ampmp11 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    There should be a game mode where you can play enraged or double mana to test drive decks and give us something to do in the meantime.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree, this is a fun event. Wish the node refresh rate was the usual 4 hours instead of 8.
  • KoneIV
    KoneIV Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think quick battle modes would be fun, when you join for a new QB you have a choice either normal, enraged or supercharged and that's the mode you play until the QB session is over. It will probably need a separate leader board for each mode. I think it would make QB fun to be able to make different types of decks for different game mode and maybe we would need deck slots for each game mode so the matchmaking would match you against decks crafted for that game mode rather than total random not optimised for the requirements of the battle
  • bk1234
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

Thanks for this one!!!

I'd love to run it again with like 100 charges period and ranked. Like a race to the finish. The matches are so fast with 2X manna.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I guess it was OK. It was a largely irrelevant event for my Platinum Tier Kiora deck which cut through everything like butter as normal, but the 2x mana rebalanced a few of the cards in my alt account which made for a slightly new play experience.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    I guess it was OK. It was a largely irrelevant event for my Platinum Tier Kiora deck which cut through everything like butter as normal, but the 2x mana rebalanced a few of the cards in my alt account which made for a slightly new play experience.

double mana mode definitely made "deploy the gatewatch" level 8 Adjani feels like a Lion rather than a tinykitty. icon_e_biggrin.gif