Do you think that we're going to have the option to trade?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I just notice that now, you can see the covers of others players, maybe there's a chance that we can change covers, do you think that option will be possible?

Comments

• No……......
  • No, never, shouldn't, won't.
  • Probably not. A trade/auction house/store would require alot of resources to set up ...it would make it easier to acquire covers at lower than upgrade cost but might be in the companies immediate best interest. Now if they do it where it costs real money for you to sell a cover and the company then takes a cut as well...it's a win win. (think Valve stores for Dota and TF2)
  • An AH is pointless because D3 makes 100% of the profit by selling a cover to you directly instead of through a middleman.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No.

If covers were tradeable then you would get bot farms who can simply farm the easiest match once per day and then trade the daily rewards to other accounts for money. There would also be value in hacking accounts to trade off all their covers.

Also once you max a cover you generally stop pushing for that reward and let others win. If it were tradeable winning everything would have value and the rewards wouldn't be shared around.
  • Phantron wrote:
    An AH is pointless because D3 makes 100% of the profit by selling a cover to you directly instead of through a middleman.

Except they don't make any money off giving you a 3*** in a reward but would take hp out of the economy every time it is swapped. The real.issue is that the hp no longer is a direct correlation to money...so they probably would need to make it so you bought the items using only real money, and the person selling would receive the equivalent hp -a %. This would also help avoid some forms of rwt as all purchases go through thier store and are much more easily tracked. Of course, this ruins the whole point for many who want to use thier current hp to buy things.

Given thier current format I think they are better off without an.auction house anyway. Trading, of course, is all bad in this system unless severe limitions are put on (example: you can only trade 2** cards and lower and only in a 1 for 1 of the same rarity format).
  • Although HP is not solely obtained by money it's safe to say that there's a strong correlation between spending HP and getting money from D3's point of view. For example while any one participant of an Avenger/NHB Elite tournament may indeed have not spent any money in the game, you can be pretty sure if there are 10000 guys each paying a 300 HP fee and quite a few burning thousands of HP of shields that this has to translate into a considerable amount of money spent at some point.

So anything that gets people to spend less HP, which is what will happen if you can trade covers (e.g. I trade you a Magento cover I don't need for 600 HP, because it's more than the 25 HP I get for selling it back and it's less than the 1250 HP you've to pay to upgrade) is directly causing them to lose money. If D3 believes that cheaper cover prices will somehow lead to bigger profit, they can of course lower the prices too and would have no need for any AH mechanism to help them.
  • Never. Would completely change the economy of the game.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    No.

If covers were tradeable then you would get bot farms who can simply farm the easiest match once per day and then trade the daily rewards to other accounts for money. There would also be value in hacking accounts to trade off all their covers.

Also once you max a cover you generally stop pushing for that reward and let others win. If it were tradeable winning everything would have value and the rewards wouldn't be shared around.

Hit. Nail. Head. It'll never happy simply because everyone will have max covers for all characters in no time, and it'll break the games economy. There would be nothing to push for except ISO to level your full cover roster.
  • I would like to see a simple interface that would allow you to trade a cover of a character for a cover of a different color of the same character. I just got my sixth green hulk cover, I can post it for trade for either a red or black hulk cover. To make the interface even easier there is no ability to browse what people have up the system just matches trade posts that meet each other's needs. This keeps out auction house problems and keeps them from having to build another interface.
  • no tinikitty chance
  • octagon69
    octagon69 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Never ever.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will never say never, but very unlikely, people would sell covers cheaper than D3, they won't like that very much. I could see maybe a limited time, buy covers event, where you could get that missing Red Wolverine (X-Force) you need for a hefty HP amount, but nothing by players.