Deploy the Gatewatch and Meld

Options
Patavian
Patavian Posts: 8
In the latest update, my favorite combo appears to be broken.

I have Deploy the Gatewatch and the Angel Combo of Bruna/Gisela. Before the update when they were fetched and placed on the Battlefield they would meld.

After the Update they do not.

Is that the way it's supposed to be or not?

Comments

• Lucapaco
    Lucapaco Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed that they don't Meld when one of the creatures is Disabled while casting a creature that suppoused to Meld with the disabled one . Maybe that's how it's should work ... ? xD

EDIT:

The creature doesn't have to be disabled. When first creature has summoning sickness than it won't Meld neither.

EDIT 2:

Just noticed that there's no rule on when cards Melds. Sometime they do sometimes not ... mechanism is simply broken.
  • Patavian
    Options
    Also, melding doesn't trigger Mirrorpool now.

Had Gisela on field, cast Bruna with a Mirrorpool on the board. Bruna resolves and melds as normal, Mirrorpool doesn't trigger.

So broken af.
  • RiffRaff14
    Options
    Came here to ask the exact same question.

My question is whether or not this is actually a bug fix. In other words, Deploy says "place" while Meld says the creatures must be "cast". Is there a functional difference that is intended between the two?
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RiffRaff14 wrote:
    Came here to ask the exact same question.

My question is whether or not this is actually a bug fix. In other words, Deploy says "place" while Meld says the creatures must be "cast". Is there a functional difference that is intended between the two?

according to a post by a developer, JC I think, yes this is a difference between place and cast. he used Torrential Hulk as an example
  • EagleSoar
    Options
    Before the patch, the melds work fine. After the patch, DtGW no longer melds, so from that point on-wards you have two stacks and they will NOT meld. From what I read in the latest 'bug update' this is meant to be correct, however my issue is that if in the next round you play Bru or Gis, that should trigger the meld with those stacks, it does not. They just keep stacking. Only way to meld after that, is to kill one of the stacks then play the card to merge them which is pointless

As much as they say it is functioning correctly, it simply is not! Very annoying
  • gulgoth
    Options
    Deploy the gatewatch is not supposed to meld. It was a bug that it did before. Read meld. It specifically says when cast. Gatewatch doesn't cast the creatures but rather fetches and places. They already created a post explaining this a week ago.