**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

1234568»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I maxed Miles about a month ago, and this was the first time he has been boosted since then. Man, what a Life saver he has been. I have been running a 4/4/5 build, and he just keeps stunning and vanishing. I am most pleased with him. icon_e_smile.gif The yellow was particularly surprising since I have been getting very few yellow covers - he was 5/2/5 for quite a while.
    I even used him in Earth's Mightiest as backup to Hulkbuster since Miles yellow helps charging Repulsor Punches - since you can't play Iron Man 40 as a battery you'll have to do with what you can get...
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    good to hear, Quebbster - thanks! He's just inched a bit higher now on my maxing-out priorities list. I really want to experiment a bit with a few different builds (particularly the efficiencies of 3,4,5 yellow with various groupings) but will probably settle on 4/4/5 as you have. (I'd never considered using him as an extra red-generator for IMHB until now)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why 4/4/5? If you want 4 in yellow, 5/4/4 looks a better build, purple goes from 7 to 6, creates one more web tile and the punch is stronger. Is it the extra damage in red worth all you lose in purple?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I personally run 5/5/3 on the box, but thats just me. I don't see myself using red for anything other than a 6 mana stunlock and having 5 in yellow gives Miles some extra viability as a battery. That's pretty much the only reason I'd run him.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    I personally run 5/5/3 on the box, but thats just me. I don't see myself using red for anything other than a 6 mana stunlock and having 5 in yellow gives Miles some extra viability as a battery. That's pretty much the only reason I'd run him.

My miles boosted to level 373.

Purple at 5 cover: 10371 dmg + 1142 for every web tile.
    Purple at 4 cover: 6888 dmg + 1142 for every web tile. Also cost one more purple ap to go invisible and generate 1 less web tile.

Red at 5 cover: 6886 dmg.
    Red at 4 cover: 3538 dmg
    red at 3 cover: 1864 dmg.

I like the red at 5 cover as it packs a punch at 6 ap.

Purple, I have tried 4 cover and 5 cover, but I still think that it should be 5 cover to take advantage of the increase in dmg. Also 14 ap is much easier to collect as compared to 15 ap.

Finally, even at 4 or 5 covers in yellow, I realised it didn't accelerate my ap gain very much. It was very ad hoc; I didn't feel the increase in speed with 4 or 5 cover at all.

In the end I respec my miles to 535. If I have a better red user I may respec him to 553.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    After playing with him extensively during this last pve, I believe 4/4/5 is the best build. I would fire his red 3-4 times per match and his purple surprise (phrasing!) only once every 3-4 matches. I primarily relied on it as a web tile producer (read: red generator) but rarely got the punch out when I actually needed max damage. Usually 4 covers was enough damage that late in the match.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing with him extensively during this last pve, I believe 4/4/5 is the best build. I would fire his red 3-4 times per match and his purple surprise (phrasing!) only once every 3-4 matches. I primarily relied on it as a web tile producer (read: red generator) but rarely got the punch out when I actually needed max damage. Usually 4 covers was enough damage that late in the match.
    That was basically my reason too. You can fire two Venom Blasts for the cost of one Surprise, and the Surprise damage can still be boosted through Web tiles.
    I might give other build a go though...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing with him extensively during this last pve, I believe 4/4/5 is the best build
    Who was your third? I was using IM40, which means I wouldn't want to be using Miles' yellow.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I also used a 445 Miles in the Venom Bomb event quite a bit. I use him with IM40 as well. Simon's right, I hardly ever fire Miles' yellow over IM40s, but having it at 4 ups the passive so that it generates the red AP when web tiles are matched. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there are times when you're one red AP away from firing Miles' red for 6k damage and it's really sweet when it kicks in. Purple I primarily used as a web tile generator, or to hide if things started to go south. Like said above, if I ever used the punch, it was usually late enough in the match that the extra damage at 5 purple probably would have been overkill.

I used Iceman as my third. IM40 yellow giving you Red and Purple AP for Miles, Blue and Green for Iceman. Two colors of cheap stun is really useful against those symbiote goons who do something every turn their countdowns are out. There was one PVE event a while back where both Iceman and Miles were boosted and it was probably the fastest PVE team I've ever used.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted miles is my mvp against team IM.

My team is Oml-SW-miles. With a 5/3/5 miles I can quickly finish off Im46 boss without too much difficulty. Oml tanks most Color so I don't use much health packs.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    So with the change to miles, he doesn't make blue AP anymore. Please fix fast.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with the change to miles, he doesn't make blue AP anymore. Please fix fast.
    You'll probably want to post that in the Bug forum so someone sees it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got a second yellow for my 8/1/6 Miles, so now he's 5/2/5.

Now the question is, is it worth saving up 120CP for that final yellow cover, so i can make him a champion? Taking into account that he's very flexible (all 5-5-3 builds, and even all 5-4-4 builds, are viable in different circumstances), as well as his recent changes. For ease of reference, my champed 4* to date are Thorrina, IW, Hulkbuster, Nova, Starlord, Cyclops

There are VERY few 4*s that merit a direct cover purchase. Even fewer once you already have a decent stable of 4* champs. Basically Peggy, Iceman, and maybe rulk. Those are the only ones I would even bother thinking about. (I practice what i preach too, so my poor x23 has been languishing at 5/1/5 for months despite my love of true healers, evan as I have sold of at least 5 green/purple covers.)

You are better off saving those cp and using the very solid (if small) stable of 4*s you already have blackboltrocks. The covers will come. and miles is definitely not so good that you will suffer without him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, well. Because i just hit another 20CP, and i decided to cash that one in. Guess what i got?

Miles Morales Red.

Rng is a jerk some times. Just look at the multiple purple/green x23 covers i mentioned in my last post.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Hey guys. I´ve recently won three covers for Miles in "The Hulk". Since I´ve more than a million ISO on my bank I`m tempted to champion him.  But unfortunately I`ve no experience playing Miles apart from essential nodes & his DDQ. I would be very pleased if someone could give me more detailed information about him.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
     I would be very pleased if someone could give me more detailed information about him.
    Miles is a bit underwhelming for a 4-star. His red is cheap on AP but only does 3.2k damage when champed. It adds a 1-turn stun, which isn't that helpful. His purple is better damage at 7k +900 per web tile, but costs a lot of AP at 14 (6 to go invisible, another 8 for Surprise). The invisibility is useful, but only if Miles is the last man standing - otherwise he just rotates to the back of the group and your other characters eat the damage. But with web tiles on the board (and he can create his own with yellow) the damage his purple can provide is significant.

I champed him and tend to only use him when boosted, but his utility has grown as a buddy to the reworked 3-star Spider-Man and (even better) the new 5-star Spider-Man.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used him with TA Hulk and Thoress for S6 Boss Rush. After letting Venom put out some webs and putting out my own, I calculated that his boosted surprise would have done 48,914 damage. For the pairing, his yellow passive synergizes with Thoress by making blue and red (at rank 5) when webs are matched (by anyone, not just your team). Teams are limited for him, since Spider Gwen also uses yellow and purple to make webs, but her red is also muchore powerful than his. He's also the absolute best partner for 5* Spidey due to the shear number of webs he can produce, and invisibility allows him to avoid the damage of other 5*s you might be facing.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for your thoughts @Dormammu & @zodiac339!

Since I want to enter 5*-land when SL and Doc Ock have left the latest legends, it´s good to have him as reliable partner for 5* Spidey.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS Ascended Miles' Red is borked again. Mine is lv451 and his Red at 5 covers is back to doing barely above 3k damage. I recall it got fixed a few weeks ago (it did about 16k damage at 5 covers).