***** Iron Man (Mark XLVI) *****

124»

Comments

• rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Oh no kidding? I have 9 covers for both, running PHX at level 390 with her 1/3/5 build.
    Also happen to have IM46 at 9 covers with a less than desirable 4/2/3 build.

If the two can jive together, I will gladly invest the 350k+ iso, but I am concerned about the overlap. In general, the amount of blue/red is overwhelming.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    Oh no kidding? I have 9 covers for both, running PHX at level 390 with her 1/3/5 build.
    Also happen to have IM46 at 9 covers with a less than desirable 4/2/3 build.

If the two can jive together, I will gladly invest the 350k+ iso, but I am concerned about the overlap. In general, the amount of blue/red is overwhelming.
    Only overlap is on red.

You'll eat healthpacks like nobody's business with that team, though.
    Entering 5* land without a useable OML is not advised unless you can bring a champed 5*.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Btw, has anyone noticed that despite all their other versions being Team Iron Man, 5* Black Widow and 5* Hulk are not? Do we think that's an oversight or a deliberate choice to exclude 5*s for balance reasons?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Btw, has anyone noticed that despite all their other versions being Team Iron Man, 5* Black Widow and 5* Hulk are not? Do we think that's an oversight or a deliberate choice to exclude 5*s for balance reasons?

If 5*s have been excluded, then i have some questions for SS and BSS.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    i managed to fully cover him at 4/4/5. will try to champ him... what is the best build for him? looks like 5 red is essential.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    i managed to fully cover him at 4/4/5. will try to champ him... what is the best build for him? looks like 5 red is essential.

Actually I think red is dependant on team. 5 blue is essential. Red you can set at 5. Yellow isnt all that useful and is too expensive so personally I think 553 is optimum
  • atomzed
    hmm, 5/5/3 is my original guess too.

but at 5 yellow, it deals a significant dmg of around 24k. that isn't so bad a dmg.... and yellow dmg active is quite rare even in 5*.

hence i wonder whether 3/5/5 may be better when i can't choose Team IM teammates in my side.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:

but at 5 yellow, it deals a significant dmg of around 24k. that isn't so bad a dmg.... and yellow dmg active is quite rare even in 5*.

hence i wonder whether 3/5/5 may be better when i can't choose Team IM teammates in my side.

If you can't field a decent IM teammate then set red at 3. It's pretty weak without his team
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:

If you can't field a decent IM teammate then set red at 3. It's pretty weak without his team

IM is one of those chars that can shine in almost any build. It all depends on who are the partners and which is the strongest color of your opponents (if it is red, no point on having blue at 5). Yellow is usually his less popular color, but if you team IM with GG then it becomes deadly
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen said:
    The Winning Team - 9 redtile.png AP
    If we can’t work together, we’re no better than the bad guys. Iron Man deals 1632 damage to the target, plus an extra 707 damage for every Team Iron Man character on his team.

It doesn't specify "still in the fight" or something like that. Do valid DOWNED teammates still grant extra damage?
    According to what happened in the Prodigal Sun event, where Iron Man was teamed up with two SHIELD goons, the answer to that is a big fat "Yes."  Spies and Soldiers from SHIELD are considered members of Team Iron Man, and they increased the damage from Winning Team even though I took them out first.  I thought that would lessen the damage done from his red.  I chose....poorly.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Any use for this Iron suit anymore?
  • atomzed
    Glockoma said:
    Any use for this Iron suit anymore?
    Sadly, he has been outclassed by many of the newer 5*. It doesn’t help that his best power (red) relies on Team IM, and there aren’t many IM 5*.

I mean, Rescue is not even team IM! And they are husband and wife! 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Surprisingly, Maria Hill is Team Iron Man. I would have bet that the Dev's would forget to add affiliations like this over time. 
    They both rely on blue AP a bit, but you can use her for purple and black (be careful). 

This works well when the PvP essential 3* is also a team IM character.
    Or in Sim, bring along a green using team member like Red Hulk or BSSM (or Ironheart, TA Hulk, Quake, or War Machine). 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor

In search of fun teams with his rework… thanks!