Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Venom

2»

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Won on my 5th attempt with a 133 5/2/3 Venom.

Strat was to deny red, hoard green and yellow until the end, then fire yellow then green. Used some match damage boosts and +all AP.

First three attempts, I did not let Carnage make a single red match, and he still fired off Symbiote Scythes every time, because tinykitty cascades. Got close a few times, but didn't have enough green to finish the deal. Fourth attempt was so bad (cascading match-5s) I retreated by turn 6.

Finally got a friendly board, lots of yellow, and manageable amounts of red and green. Killing blow was 3x yellow for 2500 a pop, then 2x green to finish him off.

Reward: redflag.pngicon_carnage.png (already max covered, 1000 ISO)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sluggo wrote:
    Won on my 5th attempt with a 133 5/2/3 Venom.

Strat was to deny red, hoard green and yellow until the end, then fire yellow then green. Used some match damage boosts and +all AP.

First three attempts, I did not let Carnage make a single red match, and he still fired off Symbiote Scythes every time, because tinykitty cascades. Got close a few times, but didn't have enough green to finish the deal. Fourth attempt was so bad (cascading match-5s) I retreated by turn 6.

Finally got a friendly board, lots of yellow, and manageable amounts of red and green. Killing blow was 3x yellow for 2500 a pop, then 2x green to finish him off.

Reward: redflag.pngicon_carnage.png (already max covered, 1000 ISO)

Same covers on my Venom, level 130, same reward. Got it on 2nd try though thanks to a favorable yellow board.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach's level 150 5/3/5 won first vanilla try. Just saved up enough yellow to fire it twice, then green for the win. Carnage did nothing. Got a Quake cover from the token, which takes her to level 279.

I might give Wolveroach's level 131 3/1/2 a spin this evening, but I'm not holding out much hope.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Tried 3 times unsuccessfully with my lvl 147 3/3/2 Venom and could not get the job done even with boosts and denying red while hoarding yellow and green.

Used iso to level up to 168 and added boosts to barely win with 714 health left on 4th try. Rewarded with 5 star.pngdrstrange_icon.pngpurpleflag.png
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    5/4/4 level 127 Venom, first try, no boosts.

Hard denied red and still ate one Symbiote Scythe, which was fine. I just matched as much of my yellow and green as I could while denying red until Carnage got me down to about 600 health. He still had about 12,000.

Two yellow casts, a green cast into a cascade, and a resulting yellow cast later, and I was the proud owner of a icon_warmachine.pngredflag.png to bring him to 3/2/5.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    tough battle. 145 3/1/3 venom. boosted all AP damage and won after a good board and stockpiling enough to do a yellow and then 3 greens in a row that finally created a critical.

Got a icon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.png
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did him 4th try icon_mrgreen.gif

Levelled my 3/3/4 Eddie to 141, boosted +all AP, +50% R/Y, +50% G/B. He got me with a SS, but that created a couple of attack tiles, and with the protect tiles from two yellows I had enough green to use it four times.

Adios Cletus! My first time doing this Crash, very happy icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Mine is a 5/1/1, so I'll need a LOT of greens to make this one work...
    And I did get a lot of green! icon_e_smile.gif I won the match with about 900 health left after two Lethal Protectors and three (suddenly very cheap) Symbiotic Fury. I ate one of his greens and one of his reds after a cascaded match-4, but otherwise it went as well as I could have hoped.

Pulled a blackflag.pngicon_blackwidow.png to get her to 2/2/1
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Took 5 tries on this one but level 90 4/2/5 Venom got it done. 2 R/Y, 2 all color, 4 all damage boosts used.

Got a Red Hulk green from the token and it's the only power on him that's already at five covers icon_cry.gif
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    First try, took a 4/5/4 from LVL 70 for LVL 125 to try and secure the win. +50% b/g, +50% r/y, +2 r/y. Denied red and green (in that order), saved up enough to fire off back-to-back Lethal Protectors (sandwiching a Symbiotic Fury) when I was under 2K HP, then finished the turn with a match-4 yellow (leaving me with enough for another Lethal Protector FTW. LT led to a icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png so he's now fully covered at 5/3/5.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Beat it 3rd try with 4/1/4, 147 Venom B/G +50%

First board was just a terrible board (Carnage fired his red twice in the first 6 turns and I had 9 red AP at that point too). Second try I messed up. 3rd try won easily as the board was completely red starved. Took under 1k damage total in the win.

Pulled a champ level for IMHB.
  • Bobbyeter
    Bobbyeter Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Just beat Carnage with my 2/0/2 lvl 106 Venom! +2 ry, +2 bg and +2 all

And of course pulled my 6th yellowflag.pngwasp_icon.png
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Took 5 tries until I got a game where Carnage didn't randomly get multiple match 5s and destroy me.

Level 129, 2/2/3 (got one of each cover this week! talk about luck) used +50 damage to G/B, +2 AP Y/R G/B

And unluckily, got another icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png , when my Reed is at 4/3/5.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took 8(?) tries with my 2/2/3, first at level 120, then as I started losing, I just max capped him at 147. Started with damage boosts, then ran out, and in my last two attempts went with +2 all, +2 r/y, +2 g/b. I had to pray that I could gather at least 27 yellow so that I could LP him three times, and then enough green to shake the board twice, and THEN pray that I'd cascade into another ability (another green!), and THEN pray that I still had enough attack tiles out that would finish Carnage off.

In the end, I had 189 health left. But! First time beating this matchup, so for that I'm grateful.

Banking the LT for Medusa.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leveled my 3/1/3 Venom from 94 to 130 and attempted it with a +2 all, +2 red/yellow boost. Meant to throw in an all damage boost but forgot. Luckily I succeeded on first try; I was able to deny a lot of red and green, I think he only got one red off. I just kept accumulating AP figuring having a lot of attack tiles out would drain Venom's hp too much in the long run (at a severe hp disadvantage here). By the time Carnage had gathered enough AP to fire his green power, my venom was down to about 1 or 1.5K health so he might not survive that, but it had been long enough to gather 28 yellow and 24 green (give or take), which enabled me to spam powers until Carnage was down.

Stockpiled the LT for now, i'll try to get a few more first before trying to win a Strang5 yellow again.