Slippery slope of needing perfect scores?

Options
aesith
aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ Events
The Doran event was fairly easy but you needed to run it perfectly to get all the rewards.

Now I realise this event is new and scoring in future ones might be adjusted but I can't shake the feeling perfect or near perfect scores will be required to hit that 450.

Please don't let this be the norm otherwise most will not collect all the personal event rewards and I can guarantee this will not sit well with the community.

Comments

• Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was wondering that as well. At least you could redo Dovin's challenges until you got it right, but that's not going to happen with Fateful Showdown. I'm only barely past half-way to getting a Panharmonicon, but the boss life is already down to 48%. I don't see much margin for error in there...
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly I'm thinking this may be the case. Doing the Fateful Showdown event now and I've been beaten by the gremlin on the second node twice now. I'm at 200 ribbons with 45% boss health left. I don't see any way to get to 450 before the event ends. I've scored perfectly on every other battle in the event so far, so it's not because of missing other objectives.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With only one replenish left for me at 5pm (the next one will be 1am !) I can't see me getting 450 even though I've only lost one battle so far and I won the 50 pointer
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This new release was a total turn off all around. The new event is nearly impossible to complete if it's even possible. The new card set seems really weak. New plainswalker forces you to use cards from the new set to use it's abilities. The game uses up my phone's battery a lot faster since the update.
  • techparadox
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Sadly I'm thinking this may be the case. Doing the Fateful Showdown event now and I've been beaten by the gremlin on the second node twice now. I'm at 200 ribbons with 45% boss health left. I don't see any way to get to 450 before the event ends. I've scored perfectly on every other battle in the event so far, so it's not because of missing other objectives.
    Even with a perfect score, there's no way you'd finish the event. The devs made the initial life bar too short. Even if you were able to rack up a perfect score on every cycle, with the final cycle that's appearing to be available your max score would come up at 420. We can only hope that they'll pause the event and extend the timer, otherwise there are going to be a LOT of unhappy players.
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yup. I got 400 points. Best possible score is 420. Only 8 hours for the next refresh lol
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Requiring a perfect score to get all the rewards was OK for an event like Dovin's because there was no limit on how many times you could play each encounter. It would be NOT OK for events with limited node recharges where a single loss or misstep or bug could cost you a top prize. That is still a thing in all the competition events but it's at least fair that way.