2 - summon 2 2/2 Green Wolf tokens
3 - summon 3 2/2 Green Wolf tokens
4 - summon 4 2/2 Green Wolf tokens

3: Call Beast - cost: 15
1 - summon 1 3/3 Green Beast token
2 - summon 2 3/3 Green Beast tokens
3 - summon 3 3/3 Green Beast tokens
4 - summon 4 3/3 Green Beast tokens

Level 60 mana bonuses: +2 manawhite.png | +3 managreen.png | +2 manared.png | +1 manablack.png | manablue.png
Level 60 HP: 109
Level 60 max Creatures: 10 Spells: 6 Supports: 3

Post your decks and tips for Garruk below!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Old Garruk deck discussion: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43791
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Malcrof wrote:

wow looks like they got really lazy with garruks third ability. it so inefficient compared to his 2nd ability, why even use his third skill. unless you wan 3 seperate creatures to interact with certain effects of cards, like joraga invocation, i really dont see why you would even use his 3rd skill....doesnt seem to stack with other cast toekns available to green. anyone wanna enlighten me if im missing something here?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    PapiLouis4 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

wow looks like they got really lazy with garruks third ability. it so inefficient compared to his 2nd ability, why even use his third skill. unless you wan 3 seperate creatures to interact with certain effects of cards, like joraga invocation, i really dont see why you would even use his 3rd skill....doesnt seem to stack with other cast toekns available to green. anyone wanna enlighten me if im missing something here?

I haven't leveled my Garruk yet, but abstractly 15 mana for a 12/12 creature seems rather nice! BUT, for 3 more mana, and 2 turns, you can get a 16/16 (2 casts of wolf).

If you are using a support/spell only deck to rely on his creatures, getting all 3 types out is usually in your best interest!
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    So are there any good builds out there??
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Sage/Ulvenwald/Undergrowth Champion/mana gain supports, Scour and Helm of the Gods for extra punishment icon_twisted.gif

Garruk is bomb, he is my go-to Green if I don't count Kiora
  • Shadow-Mage
    Shadow-Mage Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Hello,

I don't see much discussion regarding deck builds for Garruk since he is pretty potent on his own. I will post my build with explanations and would love advice and ideas on how to improve it.

This build is meant for the Terror in The Shadows events (aka Bring forth the Werewolves).

Creatures
    Lambholt Pacifist: fairly quick Summon and useful after you have a 6/6 on the field so she can attack.
    Sage of Ancient Lore: While he was nerfed he is still very potent and builds fast.
    Timberpack Wolf: This is a card that can be replaced with any other wolf, just trying to master it for the mastery scale.

Spells
    Animist's Awakening: Mana creation and mastering a newer card to my collection
    Natural Connection: Same as the above

Supports
    Mirrorpool: I run this in practically all my decks for the creature buffing.
    Neglected Heirloom: It is worthwhile when you get the werewolves transforming constantly
    Oath of Nissa: Mana scaling and a card for 6 less mana
    Weirding Wood: Mana gain \, investigating and mastery

This is my event deck and I am always looking for advice. I have plently of cards I can trade in and out so let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
  • it seems they have changed the end values, it is @LVL60: 4 creatures, 10 spells and 6 supports
  • Mainloop25 wrote:
    Yeah, Sage/Ulvenwald/Undergrowth Champion/mana gain supports, Scour and Helm of the Gods for extra punishment icon_twisted.gif

Garruk is bomb, he is my go-to Green if I don't count Kiora

That would be great, except the only card I have on that list is Scour from Existence. sigh
  • viper4724
    viper4724 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    My current build is:

Haunted Cloak, Fertile Thicket, Alhammarret's Archive, Silverful Partisan, Shark of Broken Glass, Chitinous Cloak, Murder's Axe, Scour from Existence, Seek the Wilds, Ulvenwald Hydra

This is a normal 5 to 6 turn deck. Get the Hydra out early, save all spells to cast on Garruk's wolf to pump the Partisan.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Completely revised Garruk with the Kaladesh release, and now he's so much more fun

Current build

Supports:
    Decoction Module - energizes one gem whenever a creature enters. Synergizes great with all of Garruk's loyalty ability
    Vessel of Nascency - Hopefully fetches Decoction Module
    Aether Hub - adds +3 mana to any match with an energized gem or to the activated gem match. +6 mana if you happen to hit both
    Nissa's Pilgrimage - more mana ramping

Spells: both are still being debated and will probably change once I get more appropriate spells
    Vine Snare - Creatures power 4 or less can't attack until my next turn, not a bad early game spell
    Larger than Life - creature gets +4/+4 and trample, good way to get around using Vine Snare

Creatures:
    Voltaic Brawler - 4/3 for 9, energizes two gems when it enters, overload 1 gives it +1/+1 trample and berserker till end of turm
    Servant of the Conduit - 6/6 for 14, energizes two gems when it enters, overload 1 gives 3 mana (6 mana if you have out Aether Hub)
    Empyreal Voyager - 3/4 flying trample for 16, energizes gems equal to its power when it deals damage to a planeswalker. Invaluable for continuing to generate energy for my other cards.
    Riparian Tiger - 2/2 for 11, energizes two gems when it enters, overload 1 gives it +2/+2 until end of turn.

I'm sure that as I get more Kaladesh cards this will get even better. Mostly changed it up because of how well Decoction Module works with his abilities. May add reclaim back to the deck so I can get energy from his tokens then mana from sacrificing them so I can cast spells that actually use the energy.
  • Mainloop25
    wereotter wrote:
    Completely revised Garruk with the Kaladesh release, and now he's so much more fun

Current build

Supports:
    Decoction Module - energizes one gem whenever a creature enters. Synergizes great with all of Garruk's loyalty ability
    Vessel of Nascency - Hopefully fetches Decoction Module
    Aether Hub - adds +3 mana to any match with an energized gem or to the activated gem match. +6 mana if you happen to hit both
    Nissa's Pilgrimage - more mana ramping

Spells: both are still being debated and will probably change once I get more appropriate spells
    Vine Snare - Creatures power 4 or less can't attack until my next turn, not a bad early game spell
    Larger than Life - creature gets +4/+4 and trample, good way to get around using Vine Snare

Creatures:
    Voltaic Brawler - 4/3 for 9, energizes two gems when it enters, overload 1 gives it +1/+1 trample and berserker till end of turm
    Servant of the Conduit - 6/6 for 14, energizes two gems when it enters, overload 1 gives 3 mana (6 mana if you have out Aether Hub)
    Empyreal Voyager - 3/4 flying trample for 16, energizes gems equal to its power when it deals damage to a planeswalker. Invaluable for continuing to generate energy for my other cards.
    Riparian Tiger - 2/2 for 11, energizes two gems when it enters, overload 1 gives it +2/+2 until end of turn.

I'm sure that as I get more Kaladesh cards this will get even better. Mostly changed it up because of how well Decoction Module works with his abilities. May add reclaim back to the deck so I can get energy from his tokens then mana from sacrificing them so I can cast spells that actually use the energy.

Very cool. I'm running a similar build with Aether Hub/Decoction Module as a mana generator. Servant of the Conduit sounds awesome.

My build is:

Soul Swallower (green delirium is now viable with Shrine and Aether Hub/Decoction Module combo)
    Ishkanah (extra creatures cast when delirium is triggered)
    Ulrich
    Longtusk Cub (+1/1 Overload, Energize 1 on PW damage)
    Shrine of The Forsaken Gods
    Mantle of Webs
    Scour from Existence
    Decoction Module
    Aether Hub
  • I run him mostly creatureless except for Empyreal voyager & dubious challenge
  • Mainloop25
    What do you do for creature removal?
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Here is my current deck.  A straight Beatdown deck 

Creatures
    Cultivator Blades
    Managorger
    Rhonas the Indomitable

Spells
    Titanic Growth
    Larger than Life
    Jorga Invocation
    Ambuscade
    Gift of Strength
    Scour from Existence
    Emergent of Growth

Key card is Cultivator of Blades.  Once out game is usually over.  Just put every pump spell on her. Removal is ok with scour, ambuscade non-targetable creatures and Gift of Strength for fliers.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I wish the tokens gained abilities at high level. Deathtouch for the snakes, Trample for the Wolves, Berserker for the Beasts....something like that. I feel like it would add a little more wow factor.
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    BigSwifty said:
    I wish the tokens gained abilities at high level. Deathtouch for the snakes, Trample for the Wolves, Berserker for the Beasts....something like that. I feel like it would add a little more wow factor.
    Thats an awesome idea, he needs an upgrade for sure
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Is there precedent for upgrading the abilities of a walker so long after release? I really want a great excuse to use him more often!