Can you tell which goons laid down which CD tiles? YES!

Options
ChuckFan
ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Sorry if I'm posting something that everyone on this forum already knows. But it surprised me to find out that a few long time players in my alliance didn't even know this tip.

Swap through the goons, and the tiles they own/dropped will flash once when they are in front. Helps the new rosters a lot when you don't have the firepower to kill them all before they kill you. You'll still probably end up eating a lot of rockets/flamethrowers even knowing this, but at least you know where it came from and who next to stick your Adamantium Claws into! icon_twisted.gif

Gimme a thumbs up if you're a long time MPQer, but didn't know this!

Game On!

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I played for an embarrassingly long time before I realized this.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just recently found this also. You can also get the effect by tapping on the character in front (to see their stats); when you close the summary box, you get that same flashing effect.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Day 650+ and this is news to me. Thank you for this!
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm on day 837 and this is news to me...I was finding out what the tile was and looking in each of the goon's powers...worked ok until there were 2 of the same!

Feeling stupid now!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks, as a new player that is super helpful.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Glad I came over and read something from the Guides tab in the forums today. Don't usually check this area out. I'm going to head over to PvE and check this out. Thanks again!!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I knew this already, but was on about day 250 when I figured it out so I'm bumping for others to same someone some grief. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Glad I came over and read something from the Guides tab in the forums today. Don't usually check this area out. I'm going to head over to PvE and check this out. Thanks again!!

Oh man. This is so useful. I did the same - out of boredome went deeper in the forum and found this gem. Well done OP
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I've been aware of this, I can understand how a lot of vets to MPQ wouldn't know this.

Back in the way back past, the game didn't do anything to distinguish which goons did what. Since many of those who weren't ware of this started playing before this change happened, it's not surprising how many people are still not aware.

That said, it is yet another example of the devs actually listening to the community about issues.

I can remember up-voting more than a few posts/threads asking for this very change.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you so much for this! Your nickname should be The Toe, because you're a leg-end icon_razz.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah I knew this already but was about day 650+ when I found it out.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ......This changes everything.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've wanted to know this for ages !!!

I'll give it a try on the current story
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This will really help when there are two tugs in on one of the harder nodes. Nothing more fursting then killing one when theres a yellow and bule CD tile at one and bam killed the wrong one. So many health pack's will be saved in the future.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had just this problem today. This will help icon_e_smile.gif