Patch 48

Options
MaxCavalera
MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Has there been any update on when patch 48 will be released? Im sure other people are hording covers/ ISO too.

Comments

• I heard it's coming out a few hours after your last cover expires. .

Wish they would do a cover-expiration freeze for now since they made the announcement. I'm sure a ton of people have covers saved, praying that they get to use them before the expiration time comes up.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Precedent says half way through the pay to enter tournament.
  • We're ususally ignored on mondays but we usually get met with some new content within a few days of the monday we were ignored. We were ignored today, which suggests they needed another day to do last minute stuff for the new content.

So if we get dev attention tomorrow, I am guessing an update will be on Friday
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get a yellow hood cover in my daily chest tomorrow.

I may need to stop playing the game until I know I can use it to rebalance Hood.

I don't like to be racist, but he's a little bit too black right now.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:

Me too.

We're like brothers, man.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Me too.

We're like brothers, man.

Same here!!! let's start a group icon_razz.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a yellow Patch cover that expires in 3 days. I want to use it for respec when Patch 48 comes out.

Will I lose this cover?
  • I'm in the same boat. Got 7 or 8 covers waiting for respec and fear I'll probably have to cash them which I'll wait to do in the last hour. It would be a great gesture for the debs to freeze cover expiration until the respec comes out now that they told us it's coming and how it will work
  • Oddly, I find myself in the situation some of you are in. I've pulled a Spidey Purple and Classic Storm Blue in the past few days and am desperate to use them in a respec.

If it doesn't come out today, I don't think we'll see it until next week.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Oddly, I find myself in the situation some of you are in. I've pulled a Spidey Purple and Classic Storm Blue in the past few days and am desperate to use them in a respec.

If it doesn't come out today, I don't think we'll see it until next week.

Havent patches historically been pushed out on thursday as well?
  • R46 and R47 were both released on a Tuesday.

I think I remember Will or Ice saying they like to do them early in the week so they have time to make corrections if something is wrong.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I wonder where the devs are. They've launched all these events, and not a peep from them.
  • I wonder where the devs are. They've launched all these events, and not a peep from them.

Yea. Kinda interesting seeing as hiw they came out with that whole "we won't say sorry, we did nothing wrong, but we will try to do better" speech a week or two ago. Nothing since Friday by ice. No comments on the events. No update on releases. Nothing.

Could be they got super busy with a problem. Maybe they decided to actually play test something? Who knows.

One thing games that are always online always bother me with is that, if the company go under..you are f-ed. I am reminded of the wnba team in LA, the sparks, whose own decided before New years that she didn't want the team anymore (see, ****) and fired all her staff basically that day and then sold the team due to losing a lot of money...cuz women's basketball doesn't change between wnba and the NBA and the wnba doesn't create the same semi-mandatory allegiance that a college women's team does. No state mandates to keep the wnba afloat and it has lost the NBA millions and millions of dollars since its induc..
    i am losing my point lol. Point is, it all happened on an instant. At that point the game, or in the example the team and facilities, were still there but with no staff it couldn't run. Spark's Twitter has been spitting out ads for days supposedly even. Like a post apocalyptic Twitter feed. Same could happen to an online only game. You would lose EVERYTHING that day and you might not even get a reason why.

Not saying that's happening here...its just where my mind wanders to.
  • They always seem to be quiet when they are pushing hard to meet a deadline.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    The devs probably see the players and this board similar to the Hulk's Anger mechanic.

When they make majors changes to the game, Anger tokens! Lots of them. And if they aren't handled, they explode.

Right now, the Hulk is being left alone -- things aren't too bad.