QB domination and bragging rights challenge

Options
SellerSloan
SellerSloan Posts: 4
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I know that Extinction is only the 3rd best coalition when it comes to events, but when it comes to QB no other group produces as many winners as Extinction. I see people complain about qb speed all the time, or time zones making things unfair, but we have players in our coalition that routinely win QB from all around the world. Earlier today I saw a post questioning how could someone be so fast during QB. He couldn't figure out how it's possible for someone to put up that many points??? The answer is easy, if you think the player is too fast he's probably in Extinction.

For the second straight weekend we got 5 QB wins and we usually have 4-5 winners during the weekday QB's as well. So myself, Killwind, Adman, Grizzo, Bogdee, NakadakaFire, Merciside, Ergyzz, Yunnn, Maddodvibe, DukeAriox, Phatcheesus and every other prior winner in Extinction would like to propose a challenge to all the other top QB players.

First, the Speed Demon challenge: Let's pick a start time during one of the upcoming weekend QB's where everyone can play for two hours, considering all times zones, with all competitors only playing on phones or tablets (no emulators allowed). It'll be a level playing field for all competitors and at the end of two hours top score claims bragging rights for themselves and their coalition for 2016.

Second, the Ultimate Grinder challenge: Same start time as above with the player who claims 1st at the end of the QB being crowned the Ultimate Grinder (please keep your minds out of the gutter) and be prepared to play a lot.

I want to show some respect to the other QB grinders and speed demons who we feel are our top competition: Avorik, DuskPaladin, Sangfang, Shurakai, Chirrioski, Datalost, Al0072, Fiddler, FartFactory, Skiglas6, and especially OhboyMTG. I know there's others I'm leaving off but here's your chance to make us all remember who's the fastest, or the best grinder.

If you're up for the challenge respond to the poll and reply below with you're ideal starting time based on EST is best for you. We will need to coordinate the start time with the start of a newly formed QB group to ensure we get accurate scores posted. I'm sure we all know how to track that and we can post up a starting bell on Slack and discord for everyone to begin. We will also need to pick a start date on either Friday or Saturday to let the grinders show all of the impatient speed demons how the long QB game is played.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Props to our competitors. You guys make it fun.
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm in for the Grind!
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm more of a ninja. Challenge denied!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I might be down for this.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    QB is not really my arena, I'm afraid icon_e_smile.gif
  • adman149
    adman149 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'll try both. See if I can out-vampire killwind.
  • killwind
    Options
    Step into my lair !
  • Morphling
    Morphling Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sounds like fun icon_e_smile.gif I'll have to check some irl stuff before selecting start time. Adman149 let me know what time u select if u could, I've been competing with u since Origins heh. Also @Ergyzz nice job tonight, I couldnt catch u in the first few hrs and gave up(took 4th), then you held off the god duskpaladin too!
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any qb I don't see any of you guys is a good qb.

I will pass lol.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First rule. You can only play on a mobile device. NO EMULATORS.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gideon wrote:

I almost don't want to hear the answer, but what advantages have you guys been having with emulator?
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Gideon wrote:

I almost don't want to hear the answer, but what advantages have you guys been having with emulator?

I think it just doesn't crash on you due to memory leaks.

Potentially faster loading screens in between games as well i think. (I don't use them so its not a first hand answer)
  • adman149
    adman149 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @morphling , I don't really have a preference on which one to enter. I'll be on winter break soon, so any is fine with me. I've seen your name enough to know we should have a good spirited race. As far as emulators go, I'm iOS so I've always been under the notion we can't use them. But I know some people on android like them. It doesn't bother me either way.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    Gideon wrote:

I think it just doesn't crash on you due to memory leaks.

Potentially faster loading screens in between games as well i think. (I don't use them so its not a first hand answer)
    For what it's worth, I timed myself on QB using my Note II and using NOX app player and had identical win rates with over 12 hours of gameplay using both methods going all out.

The final result is I can't seriously QB anymore because it gave me a repetitive stress injury and I got burn-in of the PW/Health box on my phone screen.
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey, Extinction! Thanks for the invitation, it's looks like a fun challenge! Unfortunately, I don't know yet if I'll be able to participate in it, the suggested schedules are not the best for me because of my job. There's a chance that I might hop in for a Friday afternoon QB, next week or something, though. So good luck, and maybe we'll see each other!:D Oh, and who would you say is the fastest among Extinction's speed demons?
  • killwind
    Options
    The speed kings are in no particular order, SellerSLoan, Admna149, Yunnn, Grizzo, Bogdee, Nakadakafire, Ergyzz, and Maddodavibe

I fall into the Stamina category with JopeX and Deknas