At what point should one begin levelling a 5*?

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I pulles my 11th Silver Surfer the other day. I'm fortunate so far to have him at 4/3/4. Not so hot on red damage but he's gaining powers evenly (unlike my 3/-/- OML).

My highest level character so far is my level 284 Devil Dino. I've so far not been too bothered with 5*s. If I get one my shoulders sag because I'd rather have had one of the 4*s I need covers for. But with Silver Surfer being only 2 covers away from max, I'm wondering if the time is coming when I should actually start pumping ISO into him.

And if so, how far should I go before I have to start worrying about wrecking my scaling in PvE? I really don't want to have to deal with 5* scaling just yet.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Addition. Finally pulled a red for OML. So now he's 3/1/1...is that a point where it's worth putting some ISO into him? I'm tempted to get him to 284 along with my Devil Dino. Then maybe do the same with SS and Pheonix.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OML is useful from 1/1/1. The amount of iso you put on him depends on your other useful 4*s levels. Try and get them equal to the boosted 4* mark to not effect your scaling. Same with SS. Good meat shield with high match damage.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Hmm, I'd forgotten about the boosted levels.

I...might actually start thinking about putting some ISO into them then. I'd love to make Pheonix a thing too, I like the character and she seems fun, but currently her abilities are eclipsed by my boosted 4*s.

My current issue is I really want to max out some more 4*s but either don't have the covers for them or the ISO to champ them. Like I'd kinda want to champ Chulk now, but at level 140 he'd drain me dry.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    I pulles my 11th Silver Surfer the other day. I'm fortunate so far to have him at 4/3/4. Not so hot on red damage but he's gaining powers evenly (unlike my 3/-/- OML).

My highest level character so far is my level 284 Devil Dino. I've so far not been too bothered with 5*s. If I get one my shoulders sag because I'd rather have had one of the 4*s I need covers for. But with Silver Surfer being only 2 covers away from max, I'm wondering if the time is coming when I should actually start pumping ISO into him.

And if so, how far should I go before I have to start worrying about wrecking my scaling in PvE? I really don't want to have to deal with 5* scaling just yet.
    Addition. Finally pulled a red for OML. So now he's 3/1/1...is that a point where it's worth putting some ISO into him? I'm tempted to get him to 284 along with my Devil Dino. Then maybe do the same with SS and Pheonix.

I'd bump both SS and OML into your top 4 or 6 highest leveled characters, no higher though. Neither is really ready for PVP, but both can have a big impact in PVE for you. Without at least 4 red covers SS is just a giant meat shield that can generate some extra ap. That is very useful in PVE, but a liability in PVP if SS isn't a threat to dish out some painful Cosmic Beams. OML isn't worth bringing above your 4*s until you can get him close to 20k health, level 360 or so.
    Until I had enough covers to champ my SS, I kept his level lower than OML so that OML would still tank black.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    Etheus wrote:
    Until I had enough covers to champ my SS, I kept his level lower than OML so that OML would still tank black.

Oops, correction:
    Sincen OML has higher match damage, I soft-capped my SS at a higher level where OML could still tank black. I forget what the level difference was.