Arlinn Kord

Options
2»

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought about ignoring your patronizing post, but decided to respond, even though I'll probably regret doing so. Not mentioning it specifically notwithstanding, I actually took the time reading Skidoo's post and revising the deck, and it is a good advice for someone who's looking for it. Regardless, it ultimately isn't about the deck but is about the ability of the AI to ramp up mana multitude of times faster than the player, with no consideration of the deck it is using. "+3 mana at the beginning of the turn" supports are good as long as you manage to get them on the board and keep them there. And please, there's no need to tell me how hard the devs are working on fixing the bugs - I've been playing the game since it hit Google Store (that is, more or less 2 years, innit ?) and can offer you a broad 1st hand experience with various bugs and glitches that plagued (and keep doing so) it since day one. There's a thread next door, maybe you could tell the rest of the people there what they've been doing wrong.
    I will word my reply carefully to try to avoid misunderstanding.

I took issue that your reply to Skidoo read as if you brushed aside all advice he had given. This is a topic in the "MtGPQ Deck Strategy & Planeswalker Discussion" subforum; it's a place where people go to look for deckbuilding advice. This is a topic where people were discussing whether Arlinn Kord was worth getting, her abilities and possible card synergies. If the point of your post was to highlight that the game is creating unfair cascades for the AI, it is off-topic. You yourself pointed out a specific thread in the other subforum where people go to **** about this.

I'm not going to contend with you about AI cascades, I have no proof for or against it happening at an artificial frequency and I am not bothered enough by it to build evidence for a case for or against it. I rarely post in the General Discussion forums nowadays because I don't care to wade through the morass of angst and entitlement it has become.

It's good to hear that your actual response to Skidoo's post wasn't as flippant as your post looked. People could have taken it to mean that the advice wasn't useful, which I felt inclined to clarify. I do apologise for the sharpness and snarkiness of my earlier post, it was unnecessary. But I would prefer to be able to continue to discuss deckbuilding and strategy in this subforum as is its intended purpose.

P.S. The game was released in the app store last November. I have been playing the game since then too.
  • Ap00calypse
    Options
    Fair enough. I'll make sure to pay closer attention to the specific subsections next time.
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    icon_question.gifWhat are the key cards for the most effective Werewolf deck?

My current deck utilizes Neglected Heirloom for he +2/+2 every time a creature transforms, so I chose creatures that transform frequently:
      Sage of the Ancient Lore of course
      Village Messenger
      Gatstaf Arsonists
      Lambholt Pacifist
      I've tried cheaper creatures as well as bigger Werewolves, but I like these four because they switch back and forth most often rather than just transforming once.

I also included Tamiyo's Journal to further support the Sage's card-draw growth mechanic. Otherwise, the rest are just the best spells and supports I have to ramp and remove and so on.

As decks go, it's fairly budget-friendly. The Sage is really the only essential rare. Tamiyo isn't essential, just a useful utility rare for this build.
    • A7omic Spark
      Options
      Was looking for some advice and suggestions on my Kord deck, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Creatures
      Breakneck Rider
      Lashweed Lurker
      Tangleclaw Werewolf
      Geier Reach Bandit

Spells
      Animist's Awakening
      Aim High
      Mantle of Webs

Supports
      Nissa Pilgrimage
      Call of the Full Moon
      Weirding Wood
    • Mainloop25
      Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      My current Arlinn deck is super fun to play. It takes advantage of using her first ability on cheap tokens that respawn and/or buff easily.

Creatures :
      Ulrich - auto include for any deck that can use it. Killer on its own but buffs first creature slot/kills almost anything on transform
      Sigarda - generates soldier tokens and gives other creatures hexproof
      Heron's Grace Champion - lifelink, becomes hexproof with Sigarda on board. Also gives human soldiers hexproof when it enters the battlefield.

Spells :
      Devil's Playground - cheap tokens that can kill many creatures when buffed with her first ability + first strike
      Animists Awakening - mana ramp
      Sure Strike - really helps to keep most things alive when given berserker with her first ability. Combined with devil's? 11/9 first striker. Combined with human soldier? 8/6 expendable first striker that is easily respawned if it dies. Combined with Ulrich? Runs over almost everything with no damage.

Supports :
      Alhamarret's Archive - double duty: card draw + double life gain from herons grace champion
      Ulvenwald Mysteries - helps spawn soldier tokens
      Fertile thicket - mana ramp, helps with animists awakening and Ulvenwald mysteries
      Nissa's pilgrimage - mana ramp
    This discussion has been closed.