*** Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) ***

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Blade or Daken are pretty fun to run with the good Doctor. Strike tiles not only proc with Flames, they proc with the per-turn damage on his amazing blue.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Any idea if/when he'll get added to the rotation of required 3* characters in DDQ?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was nice having you boosted, Stephen Strange. Will miss you.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Any idea if/when he'll get added to the rotation of required 3* characters in DDQ?

Rumor is at the end of the current run. I'm interpreting that as directly before the next black panther rotation. This was stated by someone affiliated with d3, but with caveats indicating the decision was suggested but not fully decided... So take with a grain of salt.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Currently running him with Nova and Pun (max) and those strike tiles pack a punch
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him to 5 yellow today, boy is he good. Shortened my clear of Venom Bomb considerably, great addition to the 3* class.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Finally got him championed last night and really started playing with him and messing with maxing the blue or purple is there a consensus on which is better to max, yellow is obvious. So far I have not had many opportunities to use his purple it seems a little to situational to be the maxed power plus its initial cost is a little expensive and seems very dependent on who you are playing. That blue is a good hold and does reasonable damage especially if some strike tiles are out on the board. I am going to mess with the purple more tonight and see if I get anything more out of it but I am leaning 5/3/5 at the moment unless somebody convinces me otherwise. icon_e_wink.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    hopper1979 wrote:
    Finally got him championed last night and really started playing with him and messing with maxing the blue or purple is there a consensus on which is better to max, yellow is obvious. So far I have not had many opportunities to use his purple it seems a little to situational to be the maxed power plus its initial cost is a little expensive and seems very dependent on who you are playing. That blue is a good hold and does reasonable damage especially if some strike tiles are out on the board. I am going to mess with the purple more tonight and see if I get anything more out of it but I am leaning 5/3/5 at the moment unless somebody convinces me otherwise. icon_e_wink.gif

The blue is almost as good as the yellow, hopper. It's one of the best stuns in 3* land, lets you target specific AP destruction, *and* it does about 5k damage. All for 9 AP.

5/3/5 is the no-brainer for Strange, except in *extremely* situational cases.

Try putting him in one of these Symbiote nodes with IM40. Get more than one blue out there, and the whole enemy team just melts away in seconds.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 wrote:

The blue is almost as good as the yellow, hopper. It's one of the best stuns in 3* land, lets you target specific AP destruction, *and* it does about 5k damage. All for 9 AP.

5/3/5 is the no-brainer for Strange, except in *extremely* situational cases.

Try putting him in one of these Symbiote nodes with IM40. Get more than one blue out there, and the whole enemy team just melts away in seconds.

I will try that team-up. As I said I just championed him last night and honestly did not get much use from his blue in many of the nodes I was playing because it was over so quickly. I teamed him with OML and Khan and once OML black strike tiles were out he was doing at least 3000 hp per yellow attack. IM-40 sounds like a good idea to get those blues out quicker, KK did not add much to this team IM40 makes more sense. I am glad you agree with me on the purple, I just was not seeing much there last night and I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything. Need to get some covers in him his HP total stinks icon_e_smile.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    hopper1979 wrote:
    I will try that team-up. As I said I just championed him last night and honestly did not get much use from his blue in many of the nodes I was playing because it was over so quickly. I teamed him with OML and Khan and once OML black strike tiles were out he was doing at least 3000 hp per yellow attack. IM-40 sounds like a good idea to get those blues out quicker, KK did not add much to this team IM40 makes more sense. I am glad you agree with me on the purple, I just was not seeing much there last night and I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything. Need to get some covers in him his HP total stinks icon_e_smile.gif

The only difference between purple at 3 and 5 is that at 5 it removes invisibility and trap tiles, and at 3 it doesn't. Either way, it only ever removes 2, max. The only reason I can ever see to put purple at 5 is if you're facing 1.) Howard the Duck/IW/Charlie X/Miles (possibly multiple invisibility tiles), 2.) X-23/Daredevil/Fury/Elektra (possibly multiple trap tiles). Even in the case of trap tile users, I'm not sure it isn't just better to have the stun+damage.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    hopper1979 wrote:

The only difference between purple at 3 and 5 is that at 5 it removes invisibility and trap tiles, and at 3 it doesn't. Either way, it only ever removes 2, max. The only reason I can ever see to put purple at 5 is if you're facing 1.) Howard the Duck/IW/Charlie X/Miles (possibly multiple invisibility tiles), 2.) X-23/Daredevil/Fury/Elektra (possibly multiple trap tiles). Even in the case of trap tile users, I'm not sure it isn't just better to have the stun+damage.

I think it is the only power in the game that directly counters trap tiles, so purple has some niche utility in certain matches. But 5/3/5 is clearly the superior build for all-around play.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 80CP to cover max him and I have zero regrets. None. He has made tedious PVE semi-bearable, can't imagine my MPQ life without him now.
  • hopper1979
    Yep put him and Starlord on a team and somebody who makes good strike tiles, OML, or a good use for the new Blade icon_e_smile.gif and you can cruse through pve events. His HP are horrible so you have to make sure he says in the back which is a little hard to do all the teams I have tried him on he tanks purple and blue even with OML but if you bring IM40, like somebody suggested above, you can easily work around this problem. Great new 3 star definitely in top 5. Once I get a few more champion levels into him I will give him a go in pvp, I think he will be solid there as well, he can just be 1-shoted so easily I dont know how effective he will be until you can get his HP up.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled my first champ level for him from an Elite last night icon_mrgreen.gif
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    So I tried (in PvP Simulator) to fight 3*Strange+KK+IM40 (looking to grab some points).

So my team (sorry to beat up on a 3* player...) JG+4*Cyc+XDP....

So I fired off a power, 3* Strange returned the favor, but then XDP's power didn't activate (at least once, the second time he did).

XDP activated with ~1600 pts, 3* Strange did 1700+ points, so he should have activated the first time.

Anyone else notice XDP not activating against 3* Strange?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    This week I finally started playing the SHIELD Sim. Got the last color I needed of him (blue) yesterday, and then spent CP to max cover him. Now that he's championed, expect me to use him a lot.
  • monsieurmojo
    fnedude wrote:
    So I tried (in PvP Simulator) to fight 3*Strange+KK+IM40 (looking to grab some points).

So I fired off a power, 3* Strange returned the favor, but then XDP's power didn't activate (at least once, the second time he did).

XDP activated with ~1600 pts, 3* Strange did 1700+ points, so he should have activated the first time.

This is just a guess, but I know Strange's yellow doesn't trigger when the power firing is a passive. Maybe XFDP's black works the same way?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    hopper1979 wrote:
    Yep put him and Starlord on a team and somebody who makes good strike tiles, OML, or a good use for the new Blade icon_e_smile.gif and you can cruse through pve events. His HP are horrible so you have to make sure he says in the back which is a little hard to do all the teams I have tried him on he tanks purple and blue even with OML but if you bring IM40, like somebody suggested above, you can easily work around this problem. Great new 3 star definitely in top 5. Once I get a few more champion levels into him I will give him a go in pvp, I think he will be solid there as well, he can just be 1-shoted so easily I dont know how effective he will be until you can get his HP up.

Starlord would be tanking yellow and purple over him, assuming both chars are champed, so it is only really his blue you would be worried about and even that shouldn't happen too often if you had another blue-using chracter since they would tend to have a fairly large level lead over the new 3* too?

The time I am liking a lot in the current pve is Nova, Starlord and Strange, all champed with the former also being boosted, they make such quick work of the mixed villain plus goon nodes that I haven't been switching him out for an additional boosted 4* most of the time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:

Which power did you fire?
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Officially, I don't remember. I don't believe XDP was in front.

Whenever 3* hits any non-XDP ally, XDP should then activate (because an ally took damage), and then he retaliates.

I don't know what was happening.