Lost charges

Options
Lagartha
Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
Last event I had a freeze when I was trying to start a battle on my Arrlin node. The game froze as it was loading the battle, I got the "Something went wrong" screen and when I opened the game again, every single charge on the nose was gone and I was left with a timer as though I had played and lost them all.

That was four battle thrown away in a matter of seconds.

The same exact thing happened this event too. I started a battle with my Sorin node and "something went wrong." That's three more battles this event that I won't even get to try.

Not only does that immediately disqualify me for top 100 in the personal leader board, but also screws up my entire coalitions score for the event.

What causes this? Are you guys working on a fix for it? Please help!

Comments

• jeremii
    Options
    I totally agree, just had my first game of the event freeze on me due to "something went wrong". What a great way of starting an event, knowing that you are pretty much disqualified automatically from ever getting top25 on persoanal reward. I am sick and tired of this, and it's happened to me in 2 out of the last 5 events i played.

Developers, please fix this, I beg you!
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jeremii wrote:
    I totally agree, just had my first game of the event freeze on me due to "something went wrong". What a great way of starting an event, knowing that you are pretty much disqualified automatically from ever getting top25 on persoanal reward. I am sick and tired of this, and it's happened to me in 2 out of the last 5 events i played.

Was it just one battle you lost, or did it clear out all your charges? I'm wondering how common this is..
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lagartha wrote:
    jeremii wrote:

Was it just one battle you lost, or did it clear out all your charges? I'm wondering how common this is..
    Yes it clears out your node, it's happened to me once a month ago and to several of my teammates including this past event. Our best guess is that if you hit cancel it tries to send the "end game" signal multiple times clearing out your node. So never hit cancel. If Retry isn't working, switch from wifi to cell service and Retry. If Retry won't work, you can either leave the game open for a while to see if the servers become stable later or enable airplane mode and hard close the app, which should only lose you the one game.

Of course this is just a theory and I can make no guarantees that it will work. But that said, Cancel seems to screw you over. Also if you have already seen the ribbon reward pop up your win is has been recorded so it's safe to force close the app and reload it.
  • Mutang99
    Options
    Happened to me this event too. It's happened to me before as well, but quite a while ago.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had two matches that I won, then subsequently freeze and give me zero points for the win. This stuff is getting out of hand, y'all.

And lo and behold, just had a node-emptying freeze.
  • PhillipDixon
    Options
    Happened to me, too, though I was thankfully on the last of the 5 nodes for that refresh. Was undefeated in gold tier through 245 points, won the game that should have kept me undefeated at 250 points, got the "something went wrong" error. Sent a support ticket, but not hoping for much.