To Carnage, or to not Carnage, that is the question...

Options
fnedude
fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So here's my situation:
I have:
* lvl 160 Carnage (13 covers currently, 2 covers in queue to expire)
* lvl 215ish Antman (13 covers currently, with a Squirrel Girl cover to take her and gain an Antman cover)
* lvl 65 3* Strange (12 covers, 1 dup. cover in hand, +1 cover to be earned to take him to 13 cover and champ him)

I have about 23K Iso8, and only 1x 2* to sell soon (lvl 143 Ares). I'll probably gain +1 (maybe 2) SCL before the covers expire by end-o-season.

So I can either Champion: Carnage or Antman+Strange

I don't need 3* Strange except for essentials (I'm slowly leveling my 3/3/3 5* up, soft-capping him). I unfortunately don't really like Carnage (he doesn't fit my play style...)

Sidenote: It takes about 300K to lvl Carnage (doubt I'll get that), about 200K to lvl Antman, and 117K to lvl 3* Strange.

So I hate having to trash 2x 4* covers (and my Doc Oct is waiting to give me a 3rd), but I'd have to trash an Antman cover (I do like him). I'd eventually have to lvl Carnage anyhow as after these decisions I'll only have him and Spider-Gwen w/ 13 Covers to take to lvl 270.

Any advice?

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, that's a tough call as I feel about as bad ditching any 4* cover. Especially for a pair who go so nicely together (as I've started learning over the past week.)

Too bad ISO is so damn expensive to be a realistic option. Grinding the seed teams out of the lightning rounds is also an option, but time isn't on your side there.

How is the rest of your 4* roster at this point? Carnage is better as a deterant in PvP as fights against him too often require health packs, and no one wants to use them if they can avoid it.

Ant-man is certainly better able to play with others for longer play sessions, but doesn't scare anyone away from attacking you either.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 15x Champed 4*'s (all the important ones). icon_lol.gif

Antman, Carnage, Spider-Gwen are my last w/ 13 covers, then onto 12 covers (which is Peggy C.)
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Medusa is your answer to carnage or not to carnage
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd go for Antman + Strange. I actually really like Carnage, but sadly his constant friendly damage means that you just can't use him on a regular basis unless you buy loads of health packs. I'm just now making a run to champ him, and I prioritized 21 other characters first; if I didn't have two covers in queue I probably would've gone for Moon Knight, Ghost Rider or War Machine instead.

Antman, on the other hand, is pretty good for PVE and serviceable for PVP when boosted. His tile steal is pretty stellar as well. Strange is awesome for PVE as well, though I guess if you have the 5* version he's a bit redundant. He will give you champ rewards, including Nova covers, though.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you PvP or PvE focused? Strang3 is really really really good in PvE, but Carnage is a strong defensive addition to your PvP roster. Carnage/JG will get you skips at the 4* tier - and even at the 5* tier if both are boosted.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    Carnage is an absolute beast when boosted and can wreck 5*s in PVP. I used OML/X-23/Carnage to tear through most of the nodes in this Prodigal Sun PVE. I would still lean towards championing Strang3 and Ant Man.

Some good news for you: Both Ant Man and Carnage will be upcoming PVP progression rewards in CL 7 & 8. Ant Man should be placement reward in the Quicksilver PVP and progression for the following PVP. Carnage will follow in another few pvps.