The Red Dot From Hell...

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
It's there every time I log in drawing my eyes away and taunting me. I click on it, thinking something wonderful awaits and my heart drops a I realize this is just another glitch.

If there is something waiting for me, it is a 3 card pack containing my fourth Disperse of the day. Oh, red dot, how you tease me.

For goodness sakes -- please make this go away and spend your time fixing the matchmaking problems.

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    please make this go away

Agreed. The red dot should only appear if there's something new. Mine is always there since I have unopened SOI packs (banked for full set release). Defeats the purpose of having an indicator if it's always on.
    bken1234 wrote:
    and spend your time fixing the matchmaking problems.

You should have left this part out. They are a constantly developing the game at whatever pace they can achieve. Unless you know for certain they are lazing around there is no need to crack the whip and berate them.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed. The red dot should only appear if there's something new. Mine is always there since I have unopened SOI packs (banked for full set release). Defeats the purpose of having an indicator if it's always on.

This is working as intended surely. It's you who's using the system in an unusual manner, and hence won't experience the designed benefit.

I'd find it more helpful if the inbox also included the daily reward.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:
    please make this go away
    Mine is always there since I have unopened SOI packs (banked for full set release).
    Tell me more!
  • bk1234
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:

This is working as intended surely. It's you who's using the system in an unusual manner, and hence won't experience the designed benefit.

Mine is there all the time and I don't bank packs.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    This is working as intended surely.

Are you sure? I mean, notifications in any and all other applications are meant to alert the user of "new" events. Why would this game operate differently than the rest of the world?
    fox1342 wrote:
    It's you who's using the system in an unusual manner, and hence won't experience the designed benefit.

Are you sure about this as well? It's quite common to bank unopened packs until the full set is released. Especially after you've opened enough to get all dupes. I wouldn't call this "unusual" at all.
    bken1234 wrote:

Definitely an issue.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are you sure about this as well? It's quite common to bank unopened packs until the full set is released
    Common among super players, elite, whales etc. Maybe even among those who frequent these forums. But not for the vast majority of newer players who don't have most of the cards, or dupes. And clearly from it's behavior not the expected behaviour from the designers. It isn't a 'new' flag, it's a reminder you've not completed an action flag.
    Mine is there all the time and I don't bank packs
    An unclaimed prize? tourney or QB?

Or a bug.

For the record mine behaves just as expected, and is usually not present, unless the next 8hour pack is up.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tell me more!
    Every set comes with mythics/rares that are exclusive - either they must be purchased, or they are obtained through a reward somehow. Those exclusives are not able to be attained through booster packs in any way until the next card set is released.

If you save your SOI packs for when Kaladesh is released, cards like Gisela, Ulrich, Thalia and others will be available as drops in the pack.

What banking looks like
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    fox1342 wrote:

Me too. I thought it was just me
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    red-dot-md.png

MuahHhHHHhaahahhhahahAHAHAH (darn thing icon_neutral.gif )
  • bk1234
    Options
    LeafHyren wrote:
    red-dot-md.png

MuahHhHHHhaahahhhahahAHAHAH (darn thing icon_neutral.gif )

I would call you a name, but it's not allowed in this community.