MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In December, 2016
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

CHARACTERS
Stats for Medusa can be found here:
4-Star: **** Medusa (Inhuman Queen) ****

Article on Thanos can be found here: Thanos, the Mad Titan

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
Real McCoy - Beast (11/29/16)
Blue Shift - Quicksilver (12/01/16)
Trial By Combat - She-Hulk (12/04/16)
Real Steel - Colossus (12/06/16)
Big Bangs Theory - Medusa (12/08/16)
Earth's Mightiest - Avengers (12/11/16)
Best Friends Forever (12/13/16)
Heavy Metal - Iron Man (Model 40) (12/15/16)Reality Gem Season (12/15/16)
Stay on Target - Bullseye (Classic) (12/18/16)
    Made Man - Vision (12/20/16) Naughty or Nice (12/22/16) Most Wanted - Rocket & Groot (12/25/16)
*New Update*
High Stakes - Blade (12/27/16) *New Update*
Webslinger - Spider-Man (12/29/16) *New Update*
Behold Thanos - Thanos (Modern) (1/1/17) *New Update*

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
Hearts of Darkness (12/01/16)
Venom Bomb (12/04/16)
The Hulk (12/08/16)
Juggernaut: Heroic (12/15/16)The Hunt (12/18/16)
    Crash of the Mad Titan (12/22/16)
    Required Characters: - Rocket & Groot - Wolverine (Patch) - Kamala Khan - Doctor Doom - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
Galactus Hungers (12/22/16)
    Featured Characters 4* - Ghost Rider (Spirit of Vengeance) 3* - Wolverine (Patch) 2* - Steve Rogers (Captain America)
Unstable Iso-8 (12/25/16) *New Update*
    Featured Characters 4* - The Punisher (MAX) 3* - Thanos (Modern) 2* - Thor (Marvel NOW!)
Iso-8 Brotherhood (12/29/16) *New Update*
    Featured Characters 4* - Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) 3* - Colossus 2* - Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
(11/29/16)
Sentry
The Punisher (Dark Reign)
Blade (Daywalker)
Wolverine (Patch)
Human Torch (Classic)
Required: Drax

(12/04/16)
Colossus
Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)
The Hood
Doctor Octopus
Thor (Modern)
Required: Nick Fury

(12/09/16)
Captain Marvel (Modern)
Iron Man (Model 40)
Iron Fist
Ragnarok
Kamala Khan
Required: Venom (Eddie Brock)

(12/14/16)
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Dr Strange (Stephen Strange)
Black Panther
Required: Thor (Goddess Of Thunder)

(12/19/16)
Magneto (Classic)
Storm (Mohawk)
Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
Rocket & Groot
Spider-Man (Classic)
Required: Spider-Gwen
    (12/24/16)
*New Update*
Daredevil
She-Hulk
Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)
Gamora
Black Widow (Grey Suit)
Required: Kate Bishop
    (12/29/16)
*New Update*
Loki
Daken (Classic)
Squirrel Girl
Doctor Doom
Mystique
Required: Iron Man (Hulkbuster)

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
(12/1/16 - 12/8/16)
4* - Quake, Professor X, Moon Knight, Thor (Goddess of Thunder)
3* - Iron Fist, Gamora, Doctor Octopus, Captain Marvel (Modern), Black Widow (Grey Suit)
2* - Storm (Classic), Daken (Dark Avengers)
1* - Juggernaut, Spider-Man (Original)

(12/8/16 - 12/15/16)
4* - Blade (Modern), Drax, Nova, Spider-Woman
3* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Doctor Doom, Loki, SheHulk, Spider-Man (Classic)
2* - Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
1* - Black Widow (Modern), Storm (Modern)[/list]

(12/15/16 - 12/22/16)
4* - Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier
3* - Daredevil, Dr Strange (Stephen Strange), Human Torch (Classic), Blade (Daywalker), Squirrel Girl
2* - Hawkeye (Modern), Moonstone
1* - Juggernaut, Venom (Dark Avengers)
    (12/22/16 - 12/29/16)
*New Update*
4* - Venom (Agent Venom), Iceman, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Nick Fury, Peggy Carter
3* - The Hood, The Hulk (Indestrucible), The Punisher (Dark Reign), Thor (Modern), Vision
2* - Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
1* - Hawkeye (Classic), Spider-Man (Original)
    (12/29/16 - 1/05/17)
*New Update*
4* - Invisible Woman, Luke Cage (Power Man), Punisher (MAX), War Machine, Wolverine (X-Force)
3* - Black Panther, Bullseye (Classic), Sam Wilson (Falcon), Iron Man (Model 40), Kamala Khan
2* - Black Widow (Original), Steve Rogers (Captain America)
1* - Storm (Modern), Venom (Dark Avengers)

CHANGELOG
*(11/28/16) Brigby - Added Deadpool's Dailies, and Versus events from the end of November
*(11/29/16) Brigby - Updated Weekly Buffs to reflect correct character lineup
*(12/02/16) Brigby - Added link to Medusa's Character Discussion thread
*(12/02/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus, and Story events
*(12/05/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus and Story events, and Weekly Buffs
*(12/09/16) Brigby - Updated Versus events
*(12/12/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs*(12/15/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus, and Story events
*(12/15/16) Brigby - Removed Nick Fury and Iron Man (Model 40) from Weekly Buffs. Added Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) and Blade (Daywalker)
*(12/18/16) Brigby - Updated Versus events
*(12/18/16) Brigby - Added link to Thanos article, and condensed post by hiding content that's a week old or longer
*(12/20/16) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
*(12/23/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the post! It looks like the 4* boosted list for next week is missing a character. Possibly Thor? Also, the 3* list has one more member than normal.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks if you can get the DPDQ and crash updated I would appreciate it.

Thanks
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm thinking daken should be in 4* row.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards

None of the 3* listed have 4* variants as of right now.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Perhaps you should also include the upcoming Deadpool Daily list over here too as the November updates are no longer stickied.

As to the boosted list, Isn't 3* Daken boosted for the 2nd consecutive week? Has something like that happened before?
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    happy to see Heart of Darkness there, are there going to be Mindless Ones goons now that they've been introduced to MPQ gameplay?

my only boosted 4 star.png is PX, he's going to be my tank? icon_e_sad.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards

None of the 3* listed have 4* variants as of right now.

lol i was thinking x-23 was daken, since he gives her cover when championing
  • Brigby
    *(11/28/16) Brigby - Added Deadpool's Dailies, and Versus events from the end of November

We pull these sneak peeks from a shared Events Planner between D3 Go! and Demiurge.

Edit: It seems I'm not as good at deciphering debug names than I used to be. icon_e_confused.gif I've now adjusted the Weekly Buff to display the correct character line-up
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    They had an opportunity to make a 4-star Daken for X-Men Apocalypse. Teased powers at the time made me think, "Daken, Horseman of Death?" Instead, we got Kate Bishop. Totally fit post-Heat Daken with no healing, but the ability to wreck the healing of others, plus had the "make strike tiles then consume strike tiles for big damage" mechanic of the Dakens we have. But, you know, Fox vs Marvel and all that.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby,
    I wanted to let you know I like the extra red comments showing what you updated. It makes it easier to see what is new since the last time you updated it and stands out. Those little things are appreciated so thanks.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    6 boosted 3* seems high for a week. Isn't it usually 5? Good first step in taking over the sneak peak posts though, they're always super helpful!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    I expect the weekly buff list to be corrected to the following:

(12/01/16 - 12/07/16)
    4* - Thor, Moon Knight, Professor X, Quake
    3* - Iron Fist, Gamora, Doctor Octopus, Captain Marvel, Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    2* - Storm (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    1* - Juggernaut, Spider-Man (Original)

4* Thor is due to be buffed (last buffed week beginning 9/15, with Ant-Man, X-23 (both buffed this week), and Moon Knight. 3* Daken is currently buffed for the week of 11/24 - 11/30, so he shouldn't be on this list.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    next week has some great boosts. thor, quake, and moonknight all are really good boosted and can all be used with im40. boosted gsbw after this week's boosted witch means 2 consecutive weeks of big boy winfinite with champed px. those mean pve won't be horrible. and gamora and fist boosted same week gives me a combo I always liked of them with hood. if I only had a moonie.

edit: just realized HoD was next. hate that one with a passion. booo. lol
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    next week has some great boosts. thor, quake, and moonknight all are really good boosted and can all be used with im40. boosted gsbw after this week's boosted witch means 2 consecutive weeks of big boy winfinite with champed px. those mean pve won't be horrible. and gamora and fist boosted same week gives me a combo I always liked of them with hood. if I only had a moonie.
    I dunno, boosted Ant-Man, SWitch, and Strang3 (even not-fully-covered) have been pretty fantastic for PvE... haven't broken the Angels out once.

It does look like a fairly solid boost week again, though.
  • Brigby
    wymtime wrote:
    Brigby,
    I wanted to let you know I like the extra red comments showing what you updated. It makes it easier to see what is new since the last time you updated it and stands out. Those little things are appreciated so thanks.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like them. icon_e_smile.gif
    Akari wrote:
    6 boosted 3* seems high for a week. Isn't it usually 5?
    You're absolutely right. My mistake. I've gone ahead and updated the character list to reflect the correct lineup.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Why is 4 Thor buffed again? I could've sworn she was boosted just recently.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker

Devine champions wasn't a weekly buffed but an event specific buff because she is a goddess
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    alphabeta wrote:

Devine champions wasn't a weekly buffed but an event specific buff because she is a goddess

Bah your correct answer. Who needs it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    6 boosted 3* seems high for a week. Isn't it usually 5?
    You're absolutely right. My mistake. I've gone ahead and updated the character list to reflect the correct lineup.

See what happens when you're more focused on grinding MPQ than doing your work.. the addiction is already starting to harm your life.

Be careful young Brigby, don't let the forces of MPQ consume you icon_lol.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

We pull these sneak peeks from a shared Events Planner between D3 Go! and Demiurge.

Edit: It seems I'm not as good at deciphering debug names than I used to be. icon_e_confused.gif I've now adjusted the Weekly Buff to display the correct character line-up

Debug names? Sounds very interesting and an insight as to how the developers view the characters. Tell us more!