Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Quake

Comments

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    StevO-J wrote:
    Did it with a lvl. 128 3/2/2 Quake after 6 attempts, last two of those I used +60% all/+30% green&black/+30% blue&purple. This was a deceptively hard matchup, a few times I was cruising along nicely and the AI would cascade into a few green or blue maches which pretty much ends the game.

On my final attempt I lucked into a double match-5 on game start which did almost 7k damage, so that was the deciding factor because I ended with about 1.5k health left myself. As others have said: deny green and blue to opponent, use blue to try and remove enemy special tiles, and hope for the best because AP denial only works temporarily with IW's cheap abilities. Tokens go onto the pile (up to 10 now) until I feel there are more useful 5*s in Latest pool.

Similar here... 3/2/5 127. Had thrown +125% Crit boosts in and got lucky with a double cascade.

icon_miles.pngredflag.png for my efforts which may just become ISO.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    That one was surprisingly difficult even with a champed Quake.

Shows how good the Baglady rework was, really.

Yeah I got her also with my champed Quake, but I was not 100% sure I was going to get her until the very end. She is much better than before definitely

It was a difficult fight, Quake yellow is completely useless, and green is AoE so against one user is not that strong (even at max). The key for me was getting all blue I could get, so I could destroy IW invis tile, blue strikes, etc.

At least Devs capped Sue green to just 2k damage, if it was not for this detail the fight could have been really hard
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Quake got it done first time (No ISO, so hoarding the LT)

Champed Quake and SL last season for these events - the build you "should" run is not the best build for a one-on-one.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try I was 140 with my 2/2/4, got pretty close despite getting hit twice with green. Second time, I leveled to 168 and won. Both attempts used +50% green/black, +50% blue/purple, +100% all.

In my winning attempt, she did get her green off once, but not much else; any time she fired one of her other powers, I was able to get rid of her special tiles with enough stockpiled blue (which I sometimes fired twice in a row when the first attempt didn't clean out the board). My enhanced match damage took care of the rest.

Got a yellow Luke Cage.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Champed Quake got it done first time (No ISO, so hoarding the LT)

Champed Quake and SL last season for these events - the build you "should" run is not the best build for a one-on-one.

Just pointing out anyone with a champed Quake not running at 5/3/5 for this crash is doing it wrong.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Won first try with my lv188 3/3/3. I already had ISO into her since she's so good for PVE, even partially covered.
    Based on other posts, I did +2 blue AP and boosted both green/black and all match damage to the maximum.
    I focused on denying green and eventually wore her down, despite my relatively weak Earthquake.

At 3 covers, it's easy for Quake's blue to miss Sue's special tiles, but it eventually worked out OK for me. The board shuffles are helpful to give more chances at match-5s.
    If Sue had been able to fire her green, it would have been very close.

Reward was icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png , he's only 2/2/0 for me.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    LVL 192, 4/1/4 - got it on the 3rd or 4th try...although IW doesn't hit that hard without her strike tiles, neither does Quake...finally lucked into a match-5 green cascade and was able to use Earthquake more than once, which was the key.

Got a icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png with the token, he's now 2/5/5.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with my 2/1/5 Quake, IW cascades into 12 Blue the first turn. Things don't improve, and she ends it with her green nuke. I do very little damage to her.

Second try, she gets off invisibility THREE times, but I do really well right up until she gets three straight turns with match 4s to get her blue and green powers. She's down to about 5000 health, so I'm improving.

Third time, I said Forget AP and go for MAX DAMAGE! +100% Match Damage, +50% Blue and +50% Green. It worked, as I was able to deny her green for the match. I used Earthquake once as a board shake to make sure she wouldn't get one of the two Match 4 on the board.

Token was another X-Force, bringing him up to 284. Now my highest LVL 4 star, topping my own Invisible Woman.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    10 fails in, I suspect this will be my first defeat of cycle 4. Which is frustrating, considering my Quake has 12 covers.

At 133 and 3/4/5, it's the lack of green covers that's killing me. At this level, my green only hits for 1100; with IW at 13k health, that's not going to get it done. It's going to take a lot of boosted match damage and even more luck, because of course IW keeps falling into green, blue and yellow cascades every match. Her occasionally going invisible slows me down and firing blue speeds her up, and it doesn't matter how hard I deny green, she always eventually stumbles into it and it's game over.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    After a few more tries and tweaking my strategy a little (see two posts up), I finally got it. To help deny green as hard as possible, I boosted my blue AP instead of green (along with +all dmg +blue dmg), and used blue to drain green and yellow off the board.

It helped that I got a blue-heavy board, and was able to fire blue off a few times to keep draining and the match damage going.

It didn't help that IW fired off invisibility with 200 health left. If she'd stumbled into some green and killed me, I may have force crushed my phone. But my perfect cycle 4 record remains intact. icon_e_smile.gif

Reward: yellowflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.png now 1/0/2.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Got this 4th try with 5/2/3 lvl 197 Quake. First 3 tries were terrible, 4th wasn't close as the board kept leaving me one green, yellow or blue match and none for IW. Won with 5k health left.

Got a redflag.pngicon_starlord.png for my troubles bringing him to 5/4/2
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Devs have made a boo boo here this is a total mismatch

I'll have another couple of goes but my quake is only level 168 and only have 2 covers for the covers that do damage so I don't hold out much hope
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Went ahead and maxed my 3/3/2 (168). Managed it the first try with 60% all/50% bg/50%bp.

I did get some help from the board, 4 or 5 match 5s in total, but denying green above all did the trick, Daisy had about 3900 health left.

blackflag.pngicon_moonknight.png
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    turbomoose wrote:
    Devs have made a boo boo here this is a total mismatch

I'll have another couple of goes but my quake is only level 168 and only have 2 covers for the covers that do damage so I don't hold out much hope

Don't despair! I beat this with a 2/2/4 Quake!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    This was my first ever Crash with a champion, and beat it on the test run almost completely intact. 5/3/5 is a must (as she should be run in any match without AoE users); deny green, then blue, and just use blue to kill whatever she's trying to do.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Beat it 4th try with my level 120 4/3/1 Quake. Boosted 100% all color, 50% G/B, 50% B/P. Started off with a match 5 green and a match 5 purple, so a lucky board for sure. Only got earthquake off once, the rest was match damage.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    A tale of Wolveroach.

10 attempts with my level 188 4/2/3, crashed and burned every time. I'd get a little cascade, she'd get a better one. I make the only move available, the board resets, oh have a match-4 for the green you need to kill me. Got you down to 553 points? Now you suddenly have enough yellow to go invisible. Ha, 11th time lucky, you go invisible, I have just enough green, die, evil harpy of doom.

And from the token? Elektra purple, my level 115 5/5/2 spits on you.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Took me around 15 tries with my 4/2/1 level 152 Quake. I got with ~1000 hp several times, so I just kept trying. On the game I won, I was using 2 of the match damage boosts and the crit boost. Just tried to deny green, then blue, then yellow. Saved blue and green for when I really needed it to match away invisibility or strike tiles. Hopefully I can pull another Quake or two before the next bout.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I did it after wasting about 5-7k iso in boosts, which is probably close to 30 rounds. After wasting that much ISO I was pretty unwilling to give up, especially having brought her down to 300hp 5 times

1/2/5, +50% bk/g and bl/p. 978hp left, started my final stretch when she had 3.7k hp left, had stockpiled plenty of green and blue while waiting for my death as she had 10 green ready for a blast. Basically just kept making match 5s wherever possible, after running out of 5s see if i could use a blue into a match 4/5, otherwise use green. Matched plenty of 5s on the way to bringing her down. Definitely the toughest fight so far, but at least i kept my 100% record this cycle

X-23 purple for my efforts, which isn't that bad, since that was my 5th purple for her
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    That's some luck you all have.

My Quake: 209 - 3/3/4

Over 30 attempts. I've got her down to 1k until she goes invisible, cascades, and takes me down even when I'm 4k healthy.

That's all I can take from IW this time. I NEED a good a board to do some damage. Quake's green isnt enough once or twice in the match.