Well that was the shortest session yet...

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I stuck Yahtzee's new Let's Drown Out on and started me some MPQ. Just play for an hour and do something else.

Decided to get a few more points on the current PvE. Got killed due to some insanely lucky AI getting a mass cascade that gave X-force Wolvie all his best moves. Oh well, try again.
Same thing happened.

So...in 12 minutes I lost my best characters. Now I have to wait to try again.
This isn't a rant journal, it's more pointing out how awesome my luck is today. It's how the dice roll, ya know?

Comments

• I've never even seen Wolverine X Force use Enraged Slash in all the times I've fought him.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I've never even seen Wolverine X Force use Enraged Slash in all the times I've fought him.

I have.

Still couldn't kill anyone with it.
  • The first time I see X-Force I was like 'isn't this supposed to do damage?' Apparently using 15 green doesn't even entitle you to any initial damage.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The first time I see X-Force I was like 'isn't this supposed to do damage?' Apparently using 15 green doesn't even entitle you to any initial damage.

The other problem is that the AI randomly selects a position on the board to fire the green X. Numerous times it's targeted an edge board tile and only had 4 strike tiles show up.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Weirdly today I was playing the hard mode version and wiping the floor with the level 230 wolvie, daredevil and flamethrower guys. No issues at all, just farming them. Ended up at about 4th place, I think.

Tried to bump up the normal, and again they were level 230 (fix this please, D3. If you're going to have normal and hard modes, they cannot have the same level caps, that's bananas) but this time they wiped the floor with *me*.
    I swear that flamethrower was the luckiest so-and-so. there's be a huge cluster of greens and it would put its countdown timer in the bottom right away from *everything* every time. And I'd accumulate 30 greens, use Storm's move until I ran out of greens and that thing would be untouched.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The first time I see X-Force I was like 'isn't this supposed to do damage?' Apparently using 15 green doesn't even entitle you to any initial damage.

A couple thirteen strength strike tiles will make up for no initial damage in the long run..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Thanos wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

A couple thirteen strength strike tiles will make up for no initial damage in the long run..... icon_rolleyes.gif

I remember I was looking at them and thought they were missing another '1' somewhere.
  • Not sure why for a "everyone is a high lvl" mission xforce was merely at his max lvl...unless thier maximum allowed level for thier characters is the same as thier max lvl for 4**** in which case any time in a PvP you see a 4**** you should be extremely happy. Even then, his ed damage is sub 4k for 15 red. I won't say its pitiful, but it lacks the juice of patches' even which to me should.t be the case since his costs more.

Seriously, I feel like I've been waiting forever for the xforce buff but I feel it won't be enough...right now he is just SO bad. The fact the op was ko-ed by him is tantamount to the worst luck imaginable.

My change for xforce? Make his green 12 ap, controlled as it is now, destroys the tiles instead of converts them then creates x # of high damage strike tiles on the board on random colors. Buff the damage of the red and drop the cost to 14. Make the yellow tile useful. Maybe make it a hybrid like ares where it heals you by a certain amount off the bat and then the tile itself can give you a huge hp boost if it stays alive (3 turns..not the ridiculous 7 after you bring it above lvl 4). I shouldn't be laughing at the rarest characters in the game as chumps...just seems wrong. Even with the buffs I just said I don't know how good that makes him as he still takes too ling to do anything. Those strike tiles would have to do some pretty heavy damage to warrant 12 ap and no damage. Doom, for example, does thousands of damage with his 12 ap black. Needs to at least be 3 200 damage strike tiles...maybe more damage even.