Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Quake

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Another Crash debut! Mine is 2/3/5. I've sold a couple of blue covers already. C'mon yellow!

No previous runs.

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    For a Crash, my 4/0/5 Daisy isn't in that poor of a position. Will definitely give it a go, but will need to add some ISO. But for Quake, no yellowflag.png is just sad

My guess is icon_jeangrey.png . 2 AoE's to make use of Daisy's yellow, green & blue colour overlap.

Edit: Or Fury to fit into the SHIELD theme.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 2/3/4 (level 188). Quake's green deals only 1k damage so I'm hoping for a rather slow character.

Her enemie could be Kamala Khan who would also fit into the Inhuman scheme.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    My quake is 1/2/5. We'll see, but on the surface I am not real confident.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Even though I don't know the opponent, I'm confident my 0/1/1 lvl 74 will not be able to do it. Ah well, every character starts somewhere.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/3 and level is in the high 130s. Should be fine, maybe a bit of leveling.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    LVL 172 Quake, but she's 2/1/5. I'll certainly be able to do AP denial with her, but her Earthquake is under 1K damage. Not sure how well this one will go.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least colors overlap. Will be curious to see how others handle it before I try with my ~131 on my main.
  • First try with l152 1/2/4 Quake, my green is just to weak to make any real damage, lost after 2 Sue's greens.
    Anyway, I guess first thing is denying green, than collecting blue, yellow is not such a threat because you can use blu to deny it or just destroy the tile if Sue's goes invis
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That one was surprisingly difficult even with a champed Quake.

Shows how good the Baglady rework was, really.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man I'm struggling even with a 4/3/5 level 200 Quake. Sue just get invisibility too easily.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gave it one shot pre-sleep, no boosts, just to see what was what.

This looks like a Captain Falcon-type fight to me. Need probably 4 or 5 in Earthquake, and save enough AP to wallop her with it. Between her green nuke (DENY DENY) and the strike tiles she creates with her blue, I just don't know if 2/3/1 Lv131 can stay alive long enough to get it done.

I'll try again later. May use damage boosts. We'll see.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    This match up stinks. 4 tries with my lvl 131 5/2/4 Quake and getting Storm to roughly 3,000 hp is the best I've done. Quake just isn't made for 1v1 and revamp SS has too many ways to get you. She can hide from match damage (though your green should still hit her), wear you down with strike tiles, or bomb you with her nuke (which is cheaper than your only big attack).

Going to give it a rest for now because I'm about to break my phone.

Edit: Finally managed to do it with 2+ all, 2+ blue, 60% damage all, and a little luck. Glad to be done with this.
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Lv 190 4/4/3 Quake here. So far i tried 8 times, always with boost, failed miserably every time. 2k damage with green it's just not enough to get through 13k health, even with the board control from blue. A couple of her green or a blue when i haven't enough blue to destroy every strike tile and it's game over. I would have preferred an enemy with AoE to at least get some use out of her yellow, with IW it seems really luck dependant
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Black Duke wrote:
    Mine is 2/3/4 (level 188). Quake's green deals only 1k damage so I'm hoping for a rather slow character.
    Took me two attempts. I've beat IW using +10% B/P damage, +10% B/G damage and +20% all match damage. Her blue is incredibly helpful to get rid of IW's invisible & strike tiles and to create cascades. Otherwise I tried to match as much green as possible that IW couldn't hit me.

LT yields icon_peggycarter.pngblueflag.png bringing her to level 272.
  • Beat on third attempt with 2/1/5 140 quake. Boosted damage and added +2 blue +2 all AP.

Probably could have finished it with fewer levels, you do need a lucky board - I just spent my time denying green and collecting blue, ignoring yellow as I could nuke her special tiles with blue. If you have lots of yellow covers this is probably even easier.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/2/4 150, boosted all damage 100%, +2 green, +2 blue.
    I had one shot unboosted at about 120 to see the lay of the land, and had totally forgotten about the damage from green now, so wasn't as aggressive with denial there and got thumped for my foolishness.

Like above, heavy green denial, prioritised blue second then yellow third. She got Invisibility off, but Blue dealt with that. Between chasing my target 2 colours and use of blue, I left her with very few matches so didn't take that much damage. Fired green once mid match, then again when I got her to under 2k for the win, and hadn't even noticed that I actually had enough green for 2 uses had I needed it. A bit more tactical than some recently for me, so very enjoyable.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    So not Teen Jean or Fury.

My L141, 4/0/5 managed it on the first go with +all damage, + crit boosts, + 2 G/B AP. Seems I was pretty lucky.

Got a critical into Green Match 4 for some damage, she got invisible 3 times, 2 of which I destroyed with blue, 1 she matched herself. She got off blue into a crazy cascade that dropped me to 1K HP before I finished her.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Did it with a lvl. 128 3/2/2 Quake after 6 attempts, last two of those I used +60% all/+30% green&black/+30% blue&purple. This was a deceptively hard matchup, a few times I was cruising along nicely and the AI would cascade into a few green or blue maches which pretty much ends the game.

On my final attempt I lucked into a double match-5 on game start which did almost 7k damage, so that was the deciding factor because I ended with about 1.5k health left myself. As others have said: deny green and blue to opponent, use blue to try and remove enemy special tiles, and hope for the best because AP denial only works temporarily with IW's cheap abilities. Tokens go onto the pile (up to 10 now) until I feel there are more useful 5*s in Latest pool.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    1st try with my champed Quake at 5/5/3 (forgot to respect her to 5/3/5) with extra AP boosts. Got lucky with blue 5 tile match right off the bat. Destroyed yellow tiles to prevent her invisibility and defense tiles, and put her down after firing off green twice. She only got off blue once.

If you don’t have 5 in Quake’s green, this is going to be rough. Even with my champ, if I hadn’t gotten that blue up front, it could have gone very differently. Since your chasing the same colors, it would be a 50/50 chance to get in one of those “one match behind” situations, where every match you make just sets up a power match for her.

Chase green first absolutely, then blue, and just use the blue to get rid of yellow or whatever mega match she might be about to make in green. (or just for the board shake if you’re stuck.)

Got a HB cover from the LT, another champ level for him.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Took 3 tries with lvl 115 4/1/5 had to buy an All match damage boost and use Iso to add about 35 lvls.

Without the boost just did not do enough damage.

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png \ icon_e_confused.gif /

0/3/4