any thoughts on the new lily?

morgue427
morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
i got here recently and leveled her but not sure it was worth the money honestly, anyone else have any thought?

Comments

• Liliana (2) is easily my best deck despite having no mythic cards. Even the dreaded Hixus decks can be defeated by the fact you can sacrifice off your own zombie tokens and get get a brand new 8/8 in its place.

Works best with prized amalgram around to sac off every turn(or multiple times per turn) but can work around other cheap zombie alternatives.

Prized Amalgram
    Fleshbag Marauder
    Oath of Liliana
    Graf Harvest
    Strider Harness
    To the Slaughter
    Tormented Thoughts
    Altar's Reap
    Trangress the Mind
    Grotesque Mutation
  • morgue427
    wish i had some of those cars to put in her deck i will have to just make do with regular cards but i do have relentless dead which is fun with censer and brawlers plate.
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    morgue427 wrote:
    i got here recently and leveled her but not sure it was worth the money honestly, anyone else have any thought?
    I'd say she just makes the popular Zombie theme easier. Zombies and Reanimation are very common builds for Lili 1, now you can transfer your zombie build to Lili 2 and try something different with your Lili 1, like vampires or something.
  • morgue427
    had a interesting accidental combo with her last night with relentless dead and diregraf collosus (gold wall unsure of name). had just put her lasrt support out to get 4 2/2 zombies when one dies and after i was done ended up with a 44/44 wal and 38/38 zombies ;lol made quick work of the story bad guy
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Any Lily2 deck needs to have Prized Amalgam.

I'm running

Fleshbag Maurader
    Prized Amalgam
    Crow of Dark Tidings
    Oliva Mobilized for War

Oath of Liliana
    Graf Harvest
    Shrine of the Foresaken Gods

Shamble Back
    Behold the Beyond
    Grip of Desolation

Multiple win conditions off this. the swarm of zombies ususally overwhelms, but occasionally olivia will provide needed life gain if i can't get an amalgam or crow out to stop an attacker. Fleshbag is great because you can blast Hexproof creatures with it.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Prized Amalgam + Relentless Dead + Graf Harvest = INSANE

And Lili 2's ultimate just makes this combination bloody worse.

Aside from that though, I personally use Lili 2 only for her 1st ability; discard a Hangarback Walker to give mana to Dark Petition (or even Necromantic Summon in an emergency; I hate that "revive opponent's dead creature" clause), and you have yourself an 8/8 for 9 mana.