Currently in 1*->2* transition. Should I build a mStorm?

Options
HailMary
HailMary Posts: 2,179
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've gotten at least 15 mStorm covers via standard tokens in the last few days, and I've just been reflexively throwing them away. Should I actually try to start building an mStorm?

A bit of context: I'm currently working on getting a 2* team together (Thor lvl61, cStorm lvl22, AWolv lvl37, oBW lvl16 atm), & have 8 3* chars in my roster, as well. I never got around to building a mStorm in the beginning, since I got lucky with a WolvX pull early on, so he was my 1* team's third (and later, Thor).

I've seen people here say that mStorm is still useful even for people fleshing out a 3* team, and I've seen how much murder a OBW-mStorm combo can dish out in PvP. So, should I prioritize a mStorm for my next roster slot, possibly in lieu of a potential single 3* cover?

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    I've gotten at least 15 mStorm covers via standard tokens in the last few days, and I've just been reflexively throwing them away. Should I actually try to start building an mStorm?

A bit of context: I'm currently working on getting a 2* team together (Thor lvl61, cStorm lvl22, AWolv lvl37, oBW lvl16 atm), & have 8 3* chars in my roster, as well. I never got around to building a mStorm in the beginning, since I got lucky with a WolvX pull early on, so he was my 1* team's third (and later, Thor).

I've seen people here say that mStorm is still useful even for people fleshing out a 3* team, and I've seen how much murder a OBW-mStorm combo can dish out in PvP. So, should I prioritize a mStorm for my next roster slot, possibly in lieu of a potential single 3* cover?

How many covers do you have for your A. Wolvie / OBW (are they currently maxed)? If you can confidently get enough covers to get Wolvie/OBW above level 50ish, then I would just skip M. Storm and go with the 2*s. While M. Storm can be pretty good during desert stages, she puts a huge target on your back for PvP due to a low hp total. I would definitely target a team that has a 50 M. Storm before going after a team with a 65 Wolvie/Widow, for instance. With defense being increasingly important for PvP, I think she's a waste of iso for someone who has the tools to go into 2* territory. Sure you might use her in fringe cases of PvE where there is a jungle/desert stage and the occasional PvP, but its better to spend the iso leveling your 2* characters and developing a 3* roster.
  • HailMary
    Options
    @NorthernPolarity:

All listed levels are soft caps. Thor and cStorm (due to Simulator buff) are the only ones I have who're actually ISO'd to their soft caps. So... not even close to max covers. I have 18K ISO stocked up so far, so if I wanted, I could at least get them pretty darn close to their current soft caps, but it seems pointless atm.

Thor: 3/2/5
    AWolv: 3/2/2 L20 (1 red, 1 yellow, and possibly 1 green coming at the end of Simulator)
    cStorm: 1/2/2
    oBW: 1/2/1 L9
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    @NorthernPolarity:

All listed levels are soft caps. Thor and cStorm (due to Simulator buff) are the only ones I have who're actually ISO'd to their soft caps. So... not even close to max covers. I have 18K ISO stocked up so far, so if I wanted, I could at least get them pretty darn close to their current soft caps, but it seems pointless atm.

Thor: 3/2/5
    AWolv: 3/2/2 L20 (1 red, 1 yellow, and possibly 1 green coming at the end of Simulator)
    cStorm: 1/2/2
    oBW: 1/2/1 L9

Ah, I see. It seems like given your current cover progression, Thor/Wolvie are going to be your main guys for a while, in which case M. Storm has pretty awkward color synergy with them (You want to be using green/red for the Thorverine abilities, and M. Storm's black is pretty mediocre damage once you get into 2* land). I would definitely avoid her and save your iso for when you get the covers for your 2* characters. It's going to get pricey leveling your guys to 85, so keep that in mind (level 60+ is what, 1k per level?).
  • HailMary
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Time to dump the 4 mStorm covers I just got today. icon_razz.gif

(and yeah, level 60 for Thor was ~1033 ISO.)
  • Yeah. You really want to be saving that ISO for oBW. She is the perfect complement (in color and in synergy) to Wolverine and also does well with Thor. I see a lot of teams of oBW/Wolverine/whoever.
  • Oh wow, I wish I had posted when I first saw this message. Yes, absolutely take Modern Storm when you can. She is actually uber and I wouldn't be able to defeat lvl 230 PVE foes without her. As soon as you have Thor and OBW a lvl over 40 you will never go wrong pairing maxed mStorm with them. Not only does she clear a board with annoying timer and strike tiles at key moments, she's an AP and crit generator, and if you pair her with higher leveled characters she never takes colors and thus never gets hit. (Although Ares', Thor's, and others' AOE abilities are her weakness there, but all characters have some weakness.) Her ability basically works as a stunlock because she's constantly generating enough AP for her teammates, so it's like Lightning Strike, Lightning Strike, pew pew, heal, Lightning Strike, heal, pew pew, win. And if you're on a forest or desert board then MIstress of the Elements is huge bonus generator. The only dicey part is in the beginning trying to build up initial AP.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Alrighty, one very enthusiastic yes and two lighter no's. Well, I guess I'll start a mStorm in my next slot, but sell her if I really need the slot for a new 3*. oBW is still several covers away from being able to hit lvl 40, and I still need to pump ISO into oBW and AWolv, so I'll just keep mStorm on the back burner while I prioritize ISO for the 2*'s.

Thanks, guys!

P.S. - And now, I seem to be getting nothing but Yelena and Juggernaut in my standard tokens. icon_cry.gif