5*s in LRs - color coverage for consistent match damage

Options
Punter1
Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've been playing for a while, on and off and on and off again! Now I'm back to playing and growing my roster which means mining the LRs as per the well written guide by Colognoisseur.

I only play seed teams, as I'm usually sneaking out matches in the office so don't want to have to focus, just want to make matches and get the rewards.

If you're also like me and only have 5* as trophies, then this is a good time to use them. 5* match damage runs through seed teams like a hot knife through butter.

I was randomly picking them for a while just based on who I felt like using, then was all disappointed when the match damage was less than 100, as I wasn't paying attention to the strong colors. Not that it mattered to the end result, but it slowed me down, and after all a LR is supposed to be played Lightning speed!

So I grabbed the info on strong colors and made some pairs of good 5*s that cover most of the colors to keep the match damage high. There's only 1 pair that provides full coverage (I just rostered my 5pider to go with my OML yesterday!)

Full color coverage team:
5pider (Blue/P/G) and OML (Y/R/Black)

5 Color Coverage Pairs:
No Green - Steve (or Iron Man) (Y/R/Blue) & Goblin (Y/P/Black)
No Yellow - Jean (R/P/G) & Surfer (R/Blue/Black)
No Purple - Iron Man (Y/R/Blue) & Bolt (Y/G/Black)
No Red - Bolt (Y/G/Black) & Hulk (Blue/P/Black)
No Blue - Bolt (Y/G/Black) & Widow (R/P/Black)
No Black - Jean (R/P/G) & Strange (Y/Blue/P)

There's plenty of other pair combos, so use what 5* you have and just avoid matches in the non-strong colors.

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I usually use a red/blue/yellow 5 star.png (Iron Man or Steve) with 3 star.png Iron Fist. I have the feeling that the attack tile from Iron Fist accelerates the matches even more.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah I lucked into five bb black covers so him and iron fist is my go to for seeds.