Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Invisible Woman

2»

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with 5/4/4 @ 115, +2 r/y, +2 g/b, +2 all. Went invisible after the first match was yellow. QS got an SS off once, but whatever. I greened him once, then finished him off with match damage (occasionally had strike tiles on board). I have to be honest, I prefer the Crash with the previous iteration of IW, especially since being able to place the bubbles was a great strategy against SS going off. This Crash just became "Go invisible then bash till dead." I guess I'll be the one to say it: I liked this better (from a challenge standpoint) when it was harder!

Banked the LT.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third try, Lv125 3/3/5. The board was drowned in red and purple (what the heck?) and QS got convenient cascades into either yellow to wipe out my invisibility tile, or into blue to fuel his nuke.

The third try I brought along some AP boosts because I wasn't able to get to even 10 green with what was on the board (and this way I could go invisible sooner as well).

The board was still stupid, but I was able to collect enough green for two applications, and walked away with the token.

icon_thing.pngredflag.png

Worthless! My third one of these in the last week (and I only need a green or a yellow to be able to champion him). Hooray!

Everybody dance with me!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Got it 2nd try with lvl 102, 2/2/1.
    Boosts to yellow ap and match damage.
    1st try was crazy blue for QS, and never a teamup match available to unlock them.
    2nd try I didn't even know you could have more than 1 invisibility tile on at once! eesh.
    Won while green was in short supply the whole time, but I kept adding strike tiles when it was safe to match blue.
    I like her new design so far, she gains decent offense - but of course I would prefer to place the force bubbles and not necessarily restrict them to going onto enemy special tiles. Either way, she has been improved and more playable than before IMO.
    Banked the LT for now, but I will probably give in to the temptation later today...
    Good Luck!
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Given the rework do I have a shot at this with a 0/2/5 Invisibile Woman if I level her (yes, that is a no invisibility build)?
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Level 141 2/5/2 - No boosts

Got it on the first shot

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_peggycarter.png
    I already have five, so that's a real downer.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Given the rework do I have a shot at this with a 0/2/5 Invisibile Woman if I level her (yes, that is a no invisibility build)?

With 5 green you should have a decent chance. Bring green boosts, fire it as often as you can.

I beat QS in one try; Lv. 150, 5/2/5. Her rebuild makes this fight trivial unless the AI gets really lucky; it also seems to only have 3 covers on Supersonic, so it does far less damage than you'd expect if it manages to trigger.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    1/2/0 lvl 70. Tried 3 times, no boosts. Tried 2 more times, with boosts.

Gave up, healed her and tried again, only so I could remove the boosts so I don't accidentally waste them like I do EVERY TIME I USE BOOSTS.

On my give up attempt I nailed it. Took awhile, but eventually wore QS down. No-pull-November, so the token goes on the pile.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    deadtaco wrote:
    Gave up, healed her and tried again, only so I could remove the boosts so I don't accidentally waste them like I do EVERY TIME I USE BOOSTS.

This is seriously in the top four of things that piss me off about this game.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    First go with my 5/3/5 lvl 131 Susie. Another LT added to the NPN stash icon_mrgreen.gif
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Loving the updated version of I girl much more usable

Crash done first time only got damaged once as didn't realize that quicksilvers speedy thing works on characters that are invisible but overall she is much better than before and I may actually use her in a battle or two now
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    6th attempt, 1/1/1 boosted yellow/red match damege, red/green match, +2 yellow ap

Frustrating as hell. She has enough hp to survive only one supersonic explosion, so I was basically sitting there and praying that blue tiles won't drop.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    deadtaco wrote:

This is seriously in the top four of things that piss me off about this game.

Totally agreed. Nothing more soul-crushing than burning your last match damage boosts and a bunch of AP boosts accidentally on That Guy from That Place.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    At first I thought this would be tougher, but I was wrong- her Green is MUCH better now, does way more damage more reliably than before. And she can have multiple invis tiles protecting her at once! Eat that, Prof!

3/2/4 lvl 115 got it on third try, once I got the hang of stopping supersonic from firing.

Got my fifth Prof X yellow cover from LT.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    CNash wrote:

With 5 green you should have a decent chance. Bring green boosts, fire it as often as you can.

I beat QS in one try; Lv. 150, 5/2/5. Her rebuild makes this fight trivial unless the AI gets really lucky; it also seems to only have 3 covers on Supersonic, so it does far less damage than you'd expect if it manages to trigger.

Thanks. I did end up winning with that 0/2/5 build leveled to 124 and the 5 green covers made this really easy when I did it.