What happens to event tokens after the event ends?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm sitting on a few Highly-trained tokens right now, and would like to ask if anyone knows what happens to these event-specific tokens after the event ends. Do they turn into regular 2* tokens, or will they remain the same i.e. can only get characters which were buffed in the Simulator event?

Comments

• They will turn into regular 2* Heroic Tokens.
  • Thanks, I'm still wondering what the best course of action would be. I don't need any of the buffed characters (especially not any more damn Cap and Moonstone covers) so ideally I'd want to let them turn into regular 2*s and at least have a chance at Ares or OBW. On the other hand keep seeing people say they got Hulk covers from the Highly trained tokens...
  • I got a Hulk cover out of 8 highly trained (and 5 cStorms, only 1 of which I needed and 2 Moonstones, which, w/e).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    oyaji wrote:
    can only get characters which were buffed in the Simulator event?

I had no idea that the event-specific tokens were like this!
  • I've gotten 4**** iw blue, 3*** hulk red and green, 3*** blue magneto, and 3*** black hood out of 12 tokens. So I would just spend your tokens. Does that mean hood will be buffed? Who knows
  • I would just go ahead and spend them. I got incredibly lucky with my 2 High Trained tokens from this past Simulator round. I got 2 (yes TWO), 4* Wolvie red back to back. It didn't register in my brain at first, but then it did and I was shocked.
  • I would recommend that you cash them in as soon as you can as well. I had a few event specific tokens, namely (2) Highly Trained (Simulator 1st round) and (1) Double Shot that were both converted to standard tokens, not even giving me Heroic credit. What was sad and confusing was that the events weren't even finished. Others came across this bug(?) as well that hopefully is permanently fixed. It was very frustrating to grind so hard in earning the specific progression rewards, just to have them taken away. So my advice is use it before you lose it.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I've gotten 4**** iw blue, 3*** hulk red and green, 3*** blue magneto, and 3*** black hood out of 12 tokens. So I would just spend your tokens. Does that mean hood will be buffed? Who knows

How did you get IW? She isn't buffed, is she?

(which confused the hell out of me because SHE'S IN THE PICTURE OF THE MAIN MISSION)
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    I would just go ahead and spend them. I got incredibly lucky with my 2 High Trained tokens from this past Simulator round. I got 2 (yes TWO), 4* Wolvie red back to back. It didn't register in my brain at first, but then it did and I was shocked.

That' crazy! Out of my 5 heroics, I got 3 Moonshines and 2 Drunken, none of which I needed.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I've gotten 4**** iw blue, 3*** hulk red and green, 3*** blue magneto, and 3*** black hood out of 12 tokens. So I would just spend your tokens. Does that mean hood will be buffed? Who knows

(which confused the hell out of me because SHE'S IN THE PICTURE OF THE MAIN MISSION)

It says ** and up as opposed to get a ** or ___. Very key to decide which packs are worth a lick. This blind tourney for example is ** or daredevil..meaning no 4****. With only 2 4**** its probably just both being available as ppl have said they got xforce as well (lucky buggers with thier red xforces).

Watch xforce wanting to be built 3/5/5 and me throwing my phone at a wall lol.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

It says ** and up as opposed to get a ** or ___. Very key to decide which packs are worth a lick. This blind tourney for example is ** or daredevil..meaning no 4****. With only 2 4**** its probably just both being available as ppl have said they got xforce as well (lucky buggers with thier red xforces).

Watch xforce wanting to be built 3/5/5 and me throwing my phone at a wall lol.

It says "Get a guaranteed powered-up hero!"
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,270 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got Daken three times in a row from the highly trained tokens I won in the last round...

*sigh*
  • I got Moonstone, Cap, Daken, cStorm and cMagneto. I'd say it was worth it.
    And yes, Hood will be boosted in round 4, since last buffed character in each round was LR' villain (except for always boosted Rag).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GEFPenst wrote:
    And yes, Hood will be boosted in round 4, since last buffed character in each round was LR' villain (except for always boosted Rag).
    It's going to be Hulk. He's in the Highly Trained tokens, and someone from the developers (IceIX, I think) confirmed he'd be one of the buffed characters.