Playing with your food

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I doubt I'm the only one who does this, but how many of you prolong matches just because you're enjoying an easy win?

I.E. You could easily use a direct damage power to win, but you know you have the game in the bag and just feel like doing some match 3?

I was fighting the 230 Rags. Loki and Mags match which was pretty damn touch and go with Loki casting trickery on me after a lucky cascade (I had just used judgement when they were at 5 black, figured I could prevent future black gains). It was a lot of 1pt matches w/Doom's demons doing the only reasonable damage. Many turns later, it was just rags stunlocked by spidey and I had 30 or so red AP. Could have used retribution to end it, but they hurt me so I decided to make him pay. It was more satisfying to me that way. So who else indulges in some MPQ sadism?

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I doubt I'm the only one who does this, but how many of you prolong matches just because you're enjoying an easy win?

I.E. You could easily use a direct damage power to win, but you know you have the game in the bag and just feel like doing some match 3?

I was fighting the 230 Rags. Loki and Mags match which was pretty damn touch and go with Loki casting trickery on me after a lucky cascade (I had just used judgement when they were at 5 black, figured I could prevent future black gains). It was a lot of 1pt matches w/Doom's demons doing the only reasonable damage. Many turns later, it was just rags stunlocked by spidey and I had 30 or so red AP. Could have used retribution to end it, but they hurt me so I decided to make him pay. It was more satisfying to me that way. So who else indulges in some MPQ sadism?

I will stretch out matches just for the hell of it. I'll purposely select the weakest match three just to see the opponent suffer. Multiple times in the Simulator I could have easily finished a foe off with IM40's Unibeam. Instead I will match tiles until every HP they have is gone. Maniacal laugh!!! Maniacal laugh!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MlHxAzLXA
  • I never stretch it out when using Punisher. Using that red just feels too good.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I never stretch it out when using Punisher. Using that red just feels too good.

When I'm toying with them, I pop it when they're down to <200 health
  • If I think I can get another OBW blue skill off before I kill them/they use an ability, sure. Otherwise, I kill em as fast as possible.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    I saw this topic and thought of Devil Dino sitting on 6 green AP for a turn or two after chomping my first two characters.
  • Only if I have the opportunity to get a free heal on my team. Otherwise, IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME! (Speaking of which, I'm hoping for a Thing playable character soon icon_razz.gif)
  • I sometimes like getting them down to less than 200 health and then hitting them with a Mags Magnetic Translocation or an IM40 Unibeam, just for the massive overkill. Generally though, unless I'm holding on to get another heal in, I'll just kill everyone as fast as possible and move on to the next match.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    ^ If only to grab another heal before the end. I even feel annoyed when, say, Daredevil ambushes the enemy team out of the blue and I can't heal up despite having plenty of blue because I won already.
  • If I think I can work up enough blues on my OBW for a heal, I will prolong the game. If not, they're dead.
  • Enemy has roughly 1k health remaining. I have magneto C pink ready to go with 10+ blue on board.
    It just isn't right if you don't summon some demons and pop some strike tiles before crushing the enemy!
  • I like to try and get the bigger board ability for a big ending.
    so sometimes I delay in attempt to get that one
  • I used to in PVE, but I grind enough missions that I get to see the big end-all abilities often-enough. In PVP, I rarely do b/c I'll typically be taking more damage than I would heal by waiting.
  • The only time I've ever done this is vs Invisible Woman, to see how it feels when she's actually allowed to use her abilities. I usually try to win my games in as little time as possible.