Devs, can we restart the 11/16 NoP?

Options
jackvett
jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Event has been plagued with server instability and client/server sync issues. Tons of people posting here, on reddit and on Slack about their unhappiness. Instead of soldiering through and giving us mana runes could we just restart so everyone has a fair chance?

If you have been playing congratulations, you're the lucky few who got completion rewards..

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Elexsynn3411
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    Event has been plagued with server instability and client/server sync issues. Tons of people posting here, on reddit and on Slack about their unhappiness. Instead of soldiering through and giving us mana runes could we just restart so everyone has a fair chance?

If you have been playing congratulations, you're the lucky few who got completion rewards..
    I was moving along nicely for the first several hours until around 6pm, yesterday. I can only get a match to start once every so often and have lost several PW games because the match won't start once it enters the battle screen. icon_cry.gif
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My iPhone game is fine -- Android is a bit of a disaster due to all of the issues though.
  • jackvett
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    My iPhone game is fine -- Android is a bit of a disaster due to all of the issues though.

That's why I phrased my first post as such.

There was some precedent set that if there were slight differences in maintenance periods, etc between platforms, players are expected to bite the bullet. But we're talking about roughly half the playerbase not having access to the app itself, let alone the event, for 16 hours.

I want to see the event restarted so that players on Android can actually use the cards they paid for/ground out, in one of the most fun/rewarded events.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

Yeah exactly the same - main on android is having lots of issues but my alt ios account is breezing through fine
  • DragonXNIK-
    Options
    Just want to mention that I was able to play some games this morning at 7am EDT, and the connection issues got progressively worse as it approached refresh time. I'm running android, nexus 6p.

The issues seem like they might be somewhat facebook based since it keeps asking me to sign in again.
    I don't necessarily want the event restarted but I do want this to be acknowledged as an ongoing issue.
  • jackvett
    Options
    I don't necessarily want the event restarted

Can you talk about why? Unless you are somehow hugely benefitting off of the lack of players (only person in your bracket) I think it's incredibly unfair to a large portion of the playerbase.

FYI support has not responded to my request to have access to my account restored when, in the development thread, we were told that was something they could do. So either the bug is bad enough they are unable to let us back in, or they are powerless.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I submitted a ticket as well with the issues. They did say it will take some time to get back to me, but now that my nodes are totally full, just ran a game, which gave me the dreaded circle of doom, but fought through and the game won the battle of NOT CRASHING. I get the feeling that the game is still not running as well as it could. I am holding off on anymore till I feel more confident that the game wont crash at any second.
  • Saintbenn
    Saintbenn Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jackvett wrote:

Can you talk about why? Unless you are somehow hugely benefitting off of the lack of players (only person in your bracket) I think it's incredibly unfair to a large portion of the playerbase.

FYI support has not responded to my request to have access to my account restored when, in the development thread, we were told that was something they could do. So either the bug is bad enough they are unable to let us back in, or they are powerless.

I believe the event should be restarted with bug fixes or the individual players and their coalitions compensated. It's not the fault of the players that such bugs exist. Unfortunately, the general populous will just have to take it in the shorts. A restart of the event would be, for me, fair compensation. I lost almost all nodes last night. Barely got to the 125 reward and didn't even receive the reward for it.
  • jackvett
    Options
    Saintbenn wrote:
    Unfortunately, the general populous will just have to take it in the shorts. A restart of the event would be, for me, fair compensation.

That's the thing, though. On their side, the business probably hates the word "compensation" because it drains a bit of real-money revenue out of this month/quarter. However, I strongly believe that we players would 100% accept an event restart with no other compensation.

We just want to play the game (that some of us paid for).
  • Viszeron
    Viszeron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Running Android myself. While I've not had any crashes midgame, I've definitely had very laggy/stuttery gameplay during various periods of the day. The animations and such make it seem like the app is fighting for excessive system resources and on the verge of collapsing, especially noticeable during games that take longer than 5 minutes.
  • DragonXNIK-
    Options
    Saintbenn wrote:
    jackvett wrote:

I believe the event should be restarted with bug fixes or the individual players and their coalitions compensated. It's not the fault of the players that such bugs exist. Unfortunately, the general populous will just have to take it in the shorts. A restart of the event would be, for me, fair compensation. I lost almost all nodes last night. Barely got to the 125 reward and didn't even receive the reward for it.

I agree it's unfair. There will always be more events after this, and the reality is that there is very little chance of D3 reversing a whole event. It would hurt too many people to solve a problem for a large, but definite minority. They've also never reversed, or canceled any events in the past that have had MAJOR bugs that were completely gamebreaking. The best we can really ask for is that they acknowledge the issue and fix it going forward. That's the only real path that D3 will continue to walk in this game.

This sucks really bad for me and you and others in this thread, but I think according to my current small sample size, it's affecting about 3 players in my coalition negatively, out of 20. A lot of them are reporting general sluggishness though.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Viszeron wrote:
    Running Android myself. While I've not had any crashes midgame, I've definitely had very laggy/stuttery gameplay during various periods of the day. The animations and such make it seem like the app is fighting for excessive system resources and on the verge of collapsing, especially noticeable during games that take longer than 5 minutes.

I wish I could get that far. Have to settle for uncontested "losses".

ZI8JTGT.png?1
  • Elexsynn3411
    Options
    James13 wrote:
    Viszeron wrote:

I wish I could get that far. Have to settle for uncontested "losses".

ZI8JTGT.png?1
    I have seen that screen ALOT. I have had all 3 of my plays for Arlinn and Jace wiped out this morning.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi everyone. We've talked with Hibernum, and they're planning a scheduled maintenance today starting at 8 PM UTC (3 PM EST/12 PM PST) that should fix the latency issues.

You can see the official thread here for more details: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=55100
  • jackvett
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    We've talked with Hibernum

Is this who we shake our pitchforks at? I'm so ignorant.

Thanks for posting.