Agent Venom

Options
slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
review_venom31.jpg

I know someone else already suggested it but I wanted to put my own spin to him.

blackflag.png Symbiotic Control (Passive): At the start of your turn, as long as you have 4 black AP Agent Venom turns a basic black tile into either a friendly strength 22 strike or protect tile on the board. If you have less than 4 black AP, deals 150 damage to all other enemies and allies.
2 Covers: Special tile strength increased to 33. Deals 175 damage to all other enemies and allies if you have less than 4 black AP.
3 Covers: At the start of your turn as long as you have 3 black AP, Agent Venom will turn 2 tiles(including enemy special tiles) into either a strength 55 friendly strike tile, or protect tile.
4 Covers: Creates either a strength 75 friendly strike tile, protect tile, or attack tile. Deals 250 damage to all other enemies and allies when you have less than 3 black AP.
5 Covers: Deals 300 Damage to all other enemies and allies when you have less than 3 black AP. Creates either a strength 85 protect, strike, or attack tile anywhere on the board.

purpleflag.png 12 AP Tendrils: Agent Venom unleashes his tendrils upon the opponent. Destroys 4 basic tiles, dealing 91 damage for each tile destroyed.
2 Covers: Destroys an additional enemy special tile. Also stuns the opponent for 1 turn.
3 Covers: Destroys two additional enemy special tiles.
4 Covers: Deals 125 damage per tile.
5 Covers: Destroys all enemy special tiles. Stuns the entire enemy team.

greenflag.png 8 AP: Tactical Assault: Agent Venom unleashes a barrage of bullets against the opponent, flanking the enemy team and giving your team a chance to attack. Deals 208 damage and recovers 2 AP from your strongest color.
2 Covers: Recovers 3 AP from your strongest color.
3 Covers: Deals 300 damage
4 Covers: Deals 450 damage
5 Covers: Deals 650 damage

Comments

• slantedandenchanted
    slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I made a couple adjustments in order to make him almost like the perfect rival against Carnage while also utilizing some elements from the 1 star.png Venom but also making him far more aggressive in terms of playability. Oh, and I also changed his red power to green in order for him to be almost like a 3 star.png Venom.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The passive is my favorite. It could teeter - totter ala Daken's heal, in that if you have fewer AP or tiles in play, the symbiote takes over and lashes out, dealing tendril damage to all.

If you combine the two into that one ability, then you can squeeze in another Agent Venom ability. Maybe it could be something like a heightened heal, an attack ala Daken that deals damage and converts two tiles to Black, etc...

I get that he's a Spider Man universe character. But he's not a Spider-Man clone. He's not just the new Venom. He's Flash Thompson.. He's a war hero. He's actually the guy Peter never could be with the symbiote. And Carnage is unpredictable. SO. If he's his own being; this new symbiote hero? It's OK if he doesn't have the "old Venom smell".
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This was a fun discussion.

What cover do you think would be best for Agent Venom?

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/word ... 6_cov1.jpg

I wish it was that, because then we could argue for Morbius and Hobgoblin in the game.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm okay with the first image you picked because Agent Venom is the centre of attention. It's simple, but the rain won't take up too much attention compared to the other image you picked (him fighting Hobgoblin means he has to share the spotlight)

As for the abilities, I gotta admit I thought he would have a combination of three star Punisher's military approach and Bullseye's precision in destruction. How I imagine Agent Venom is that as long as you have enough Black AP, you can tactically destroy the enemy one by one. But if you don't have enough? You're going to hurt your allies and foes alike.

I'm not good at the balance feature of the game, but I do hope that they incorporate fun features to take control of the board. Here are examples I'm thinking of:
      Count-Up Tiles: Instead of the conventional timer going like a Countdown, it's counting up the longer the game goes on (you'll need to protect it by fortifying). If the Count-Up tile survives for 10 turns, the reward should be something well worth it like gaining bonus AP or denying enemy AP.
        Splitting or combining special tiles: This will be tricky because some characters give out plenty of Strike/Protect/Attack tiles while others only give out one. I'm proposing an ability where you can merge all the Strike Tiles into 1 Fortified Strike tile or you can split an ultra powerful Protect Tile (i.e. Luke Cage's Unbreakable passive) into 3 slightly weaker, but more manageable Protect tiles.
          Banishing Tiles: Think of the Silver Surfer's Black Hole Tiles combined with Falcon's blue passive Redwing. It can target either friendly/enemy tile. You wanna dodge the Attack Tiles at the end of the turn? Banish them! Want to make sure your enemy's special tiles quota isn't met? Banish them! Don't want your special tiles destroyed or overwritten by enemy abilities? Banish them! To prevent it from being OP, the Banished Tiles will be back on the board after it disappeared 3 turns or so...
        • MichaelGood
          Options
          Think of the Silver Surfer's Black Hole Tiles combined with Falcon's blue passive Red wing. It can target either friendly/enemy tile. You wanna dodge the Attack Tiles at the end of the turn? Banish them! Want to make sure your enemy's special tiles quota isn't met? Banish them! Don't want your special tiles destroyed or overwritten by enemy abilities? Banish them! To prevent it from being OP, the Banished Tiles will be back on the board after it disappeared 3 turn
        • SpecSpecter
          SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
          Options
          Hell yes, I would be all for Agent Venom in the game, he's probably the one character I asked for the most. My hopes on getting him was rather sunk with the 4* (Brock) Venom (which also kind of pissed me off. I get that Brock's Venom is more iconic but Flash was solidly Venom for several years at that point and still going strong). Hopefully with the 3*s opening up once again there might be another shot at getting him in the game (though now the timing is all wrong as apparently as of this moment Flash is about to pass the mantle of Venom to someone else...Bah.).