Eldritch Moon Eldrazi

Skidoo
Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
icon_question.gif A surprising number of Eldrazi creatures were released in Eldritch Moon. Has anyone built or tweaked an Eldrazi deck w the new cards? Or do any of the new cards sub in well for older standby Eldrazi from the BFZ block?

Comments

• SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    So far, my favorite, favorite, favorite card is Lone Rider/It That Rides as One. It is far and away the best card in my Gideon deck for several reasons.

1. Plays turn 1.
    2. First strike, lifelink, and trample. Give this berserk, and its a creature killing, life gaining hammer. Put Sharp Eyes, or Champion on this, and its very hard to kill, and my favorite blocker.
    3. Blocking transform tricks are great. If it has defender (my deck runs Always Watching), it can block a larger creature, deal damage as Lone Rider, then transform into It That Rides as One. Best chump block in the game.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Estimator of the Province's, how I love this guy. Yes, he is a mythic - but he provides so much. 21 mana for a 12/12 Eldrazi with haste, trample, and berserker in addition to emerge 3. That and he gives +4/+4, haste, trample, and berserker to all friendly creatures upon entering the battlefield!
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    So far, my favorite, favorite, favorite card is Lone Rider/It That Rides as One. It is far and away the best card in my Gideon deck for several reasons.
    Lone Rider is amazing. With both Lifelink AND First Strike, I just hope they don't nerf it. I subbed him into my GIDEON deck and the deck is much faster and stronger for it. It's not an Eldrazi deck at all. In fact, aside from Lone Rider, it's all humans. He's so useful, I might make other tweaks. But he's great because of his abilities, not because he's Eldrazi.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Skidoo wrote:
    Lone Rider is amazing. With both Lifelink AND First Strike, I just hope they don't nerf it. I subbed him into my GIDEON deck and the deck is much faster and stronger for it. It's not an Eldrazi deck at all. In fact, aside from Lone Rider, it's all humans. He's so useful, I might make other tweaks. But he's great because of his abilities, not because he's Eldrazi.
    Lone Rider is basically the Serene Steward in this expansion! Why would you not play Lone Rider when it makes sense to do so?