11/10/16 Boosted Characters - Cyclops with Starlord or Venom

Options
notamutant
notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Cyclops, Spider-Gwen, Starlord, and Venom are boosted this coming week. Obviously, if you have Cyclops, use him because he has crazy damage and board control (although AI doesn't always play him well). I don't have Spider-Gwen maxed. Who is better as a teammate for Cyclops in PvP from Starlord and Venom? I am thinking Starlord will make Cyclops strong moves cheaper, but will be a big target due to multiple CD based characters, and Starlord might use his weaker red instead of Cyclops. Venom on the other hand has pretty much only one worthwhile skill, his yellow. This will prevent Cyclops from using his yellow though, but at least you won't have to worry about the AI using another red skill instead of Cyclops. You could potentially use Venom against OML.

Who do you guys think is a better teammate for Cyclops? Or do you think neither should be used, even though they will have lots of health boosted.

Comments

• BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Honestly, defense really shouldn't matter these days. Just use Cyc and Star-Lord and blow through everyone for cheap.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The best defense is winning fights quickly and shielding up sooner. Star-Lord all the way.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still think defense matters to some degree. It is the difference between getting hit for 100 points when you are at 890, and getting hit for 50 points. You will still get attacked, but in one situation less people will attack you and you might even get a defensive win, and in another you will get crushed. With the crazy high health characters being boosted, I definitely do pick my matches more carefully these days. I suppose the Starlord yellow could slow the game down enough to annoy people. Venom does more damage, but it won't end the match.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you want them to not fight over colors at all, Starlord and Venom. Starlord and Cyclops will fight over red under AI control. So much overlap with all the red and yellow on the boosted characters. One green and black in venom. 2 active purple in Starlord and Gwen. List is awfully undiversified.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    If you want them to not fight over colors at all, Starlord and Venom. Starlord and Cyclops will fight over red under AI control. So much overlap with all the red and yellow on the boosted characters. One green and black in venom. 2 active purple in Starlord and Gwen. List is awfully undiversified.

I'm going with cyc/im40. Might make me an easy target hit point wise, but it's the fastest team out there
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *cough* venom needs a buff *cough*
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

I'm going with cyc/im40. Might make me an easy target hit point wise, but it's the fastest team out there

Playing with it in the heroic, Starlord/Cyke is pretty fast. Not sure if it's quite as fast as with IM40, but it's quite fast.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clops/Starlord is surprisingly good. More surprising is that I find myself using Starlord's red way more than Cyke's - get a starlord CD out, spam the board with Uncanny Strategist CDs, and dish out 17k damage for 6 AP. Winnar.