1.7.2 Release Notes (11/08/16) *Updated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest 1.7.2 Release Notes

• Rewards Screens improved for clarity.
• Multiple infrastructure improvements to reduce latency when Events start or end.
• Multiple bug fixes (including cards).

Bug Fixes

UI & UX
• Events screen no longer fails to load when tapping Back arrow from multiple locations.
• Event rewards no longer display when tapping the space above Join Event button.
• Tutorial: Dragging the defender now works properly.
• Tutorial: Text no longer appears behind Facebook Sign In prompt after Tutorial completion
• Enraged Event mechanic no longer functions erroneously when beginning a Blue Node encounter.
• The card inventory no longer fails to adhere to previously selected sorting filter when opening Deck Editor on Planeswalker screen.
• "Something went wrong..." no longer displays when the app is Fetching Player Event.

System & Connectivity
• Infrastructure improvements to curtail latency issues related to events.
• Loading description text no longer fails to display when viewing loading animation.

Gameplay
• HP gained from lifelink now works as intended during Enrage mode.
• Fixed damage and healing functionality when Orbs of Warding is in play.
• Fixed a freeze that occurred when a card with Lifelink and Defender was destroyed.
• Werewolf no longer erroneously Transforms when casting tokens while a Werewolf is on the battlefield.
• **Update** Speed adjusted for attacking animation and gem drops.

Localization
• The text "Win without using creatures with Flying" no longer erroneously displays when viewing title of Emrakul’s Evangel event.
• Placeholder text no longer displays when viewing regeneration timer after depleting the node.
• Fixed multiple issues displaying when viewing Woodland Stream card description.
• Placeholder text no longer displays when entering Coalition chat for the first time on a new account.

*Numerous additional bug fixes also included and not listed in notes.

Comments

• yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    • Fixed multiple issues displaying when viewing Woodland Stream card description.
    Thanks for this fix! Was looking forward to it.

For those of you that have never, ever, ever (ever) seen this card in play:
    WoodlandStream.png?c=7616
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    omg the enraged lifelink and the tokens with werewolves. thank you!
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• The text "Win without using creatures with Flying" no longer erroneously displays when viewing title of Emrakul’s Evangel event.
    Looks like a new event in 1.7.2. Is it PvE or PvP? I'm sure the community would love to receive more details about this one than we did for Avacyn's Madness.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• The text "Win without using creatures with Flying" no longer erroneously displays when viewing title of Emrakul’s Evangel event.
    Looks like a new event in 1.7.2. Is it PvE or PvP? I'm sure the community would love to receive more details about this one than we did for Avacyn's Madness.

Sounds like a pve objective.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The token and werewolf thing is the best thing about this!
  • Shiser
    Shiser Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Thanks for this fix! Was looking forward to it.

For those of you that have never, ever, ever (ever) seen this card in play:
    WoodlandStream.png?c=7616

Ok, I feel like an idiot, what's actually wrong with it?
  • Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 31
    Options
    Oooh, lovely (the token / werewolf thing happened a LOT to me, and I have always wondered why...)

Also I wonder during which event it is planned maintenance this time, so as to put myself at ease and avoid wasting time on an event that I won't have enough time to complete icon_e_confused.gif
  • sht33v
    sht33v Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• HP gained from lifelink now works as intended during Enrage mode.

Thanks for buffing Olivia! I imagine there was a big outcry from players using her that a single hit only caused a 33 pt life total swing, was there?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sht33v wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• HP gained from lifelink now works as intended during Enrage mode.

Thanks for buffing Olivia! I imagine there was a big outcry from players using her that a single hit only caused a 33 pt life total swing, was there?

I really don't think this matters much to Olivia.

Beyond certain OP point, there's just diminish returns.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Bug Fixes

UI & UX

Probably not the right place for this but it would be nice to see a 'stuck' button in the menu of matches. There are a lot of bugs that "freeze" the game but still allow you to open the menu and tap the quit button. The stuck button could refresh the UI and let you continue playing instead of being forced to lose the match. Obviously there are some cases that this wouldn't fix but it'd be a start. For example, in the last Avacyn event, I was playing as Ob Nixilis and used his third loyalty ability. I made the mistake of moving too fast and opening my hand and attempting to rearrange cards before the support was generated. This resulted in me being stuck with my hand open and one of my cards filling the screen after the support came into play and I tapped it away. The only option I had in app was to open the menu and hit quit. A refresh of the UI would most likely fix this. Just my two cents.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Added the line below to the Release Notes.

• jimilinho_
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Added the line below to the Release Notes.

Surely this should be posted in the bug report forum. You can't tell me this was a deliberate change??
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    Also.

Why can't you fix THE ACTUAL BUGS WE POST ABOUT.

I bet if I go and run my Lilly her gravemist still doesn't process correctly.

I also bet undergrowth Champion doesn't die to oath of Lilly ( Or imprisoned in the moon)

The Woodland Stream issue was giving me sleepless nights tho. So thank God that got prioritised, I know the number of players reporting that problem must have been in the thousands.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To summarize
    recent update made the game slower and uglier and to add salt to the injury I've just lost and pvp event which I was winning easily because game has crashed on pause screen and I couldnt go back I had to quit!
    it hurts!
    Thanks devs
    I'll make sure NOT to spend any money on this game

And please dont give me this "why not you just suggest improvements??" well how about fixing obvious bugs first rather than worry about UI ENHANCEMENTS* which were flop!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 31
    Options
    Actually I have noted my games do not crash anymore when in pause.
    On the contrary: I resumed in the morning a game left when I went to sleep the night before!

automatic effects on turn are still SO slow (adding tokens, draw extra cards, gaining mana/life), but overall I think devs are doing a good job (keep it up!).

Only 2 major concerns now: card design seems totally off, sometimes, and randomization on bought boxes.
    Does not matter if it is 'pure random chances', do something to turn it into 'improved reasonable randomization', please

And
  • scydrex
    scydrex Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    Also.

Why can't you fix THE ACTUAL BUGS WE POST ABOUT.

I bet if I go and run my Lilly her gravemist still doesn't process correctly.

I also bet undergrowth Champion doesn't die to oath of Lilly ( Or imprisoned in the moon)

The Woodland Stream issue was giving me sleepless nights tho. So thank God that got prioritised, I know the number of players reporting that problem must have been in the thousands.

Dude, you just made me laugh today. Your mastery of sarcasm is impressive.