Smurfing Simulator

Options
Eddiemon
Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I finally managed to get my Steam team into the Simulator by beating the easier entry group. You know, the one with only one buffed character in Cap.

Turns out that is the entrance to Hard Mode. You need to beat the two buffed characters in Daken and Moonstone to get into easy mode. Nice going.

So the first hard mode battle is against mooks for 250 event points. Big mean level 47 Mooks. Even the 1000 point X Wolverine mission is level 47.

In Freaking Hard Mode.

He is currently 4th in the hard mode table where there are 3 people on 1250 points and around 190 people on 250 points. Which just amises me no end.

Comments

• This information is appreciated, kinda irritates me now that I muse on it, newer persons having that much of an easier time with this stuff. :C
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Although I can understand level scaling they definitely need to cap enemies at specific levels so maybe only the last one of two missions are 230.

That said I don't see what the problem was with the previous events where they had missions that scaled up accordingly and their levels were static.
    So that you fought maybe level 40 guys on fight one and the final fight was 230.

I struggled with the 230's and even on occasion ignored them, but I was okay with that. I could do a lot of the other missions and those were beyond my reach until I played through teh game more and levelled up.

Although they want to cater for new players, shouldn't it be fundamentally expected (although not required) that people competing in the new PvE events should have at least completed the prologue?

Most the PvE events are continuations from the prologue anyway.
    I dunno. Maybe that's just me.
    I would just expect the people who want more PvE would have done the initial PvE.
  • Nifty. Kind of makes you question why there's a hard mode, I would've thought.

Bit of devil's advocate, to be fair: how hard would it be to clear those missions with what your smurf account has available?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    I finally managed to get my Steam team into the Simulator by beating the easier entry group. You know, the one with only one buffed character in Cap.

Turns out that is the entrance to Hard Mode. You need to beat the two buffed characters in Daken and Moonstone to get into easy mode. Nice going.

So the first hard mode battle is against mooks for 250 event points. Big mean level 47 Mooks. Even the 1000 point X Wolverine mission is level 47.

In Freaking Hard Mode.

He is currently 4th in the hard mode table where there are 3 people on 1250 points and around 190 people on 250 points. Which just amises me no end.
    How long do you estimate it took you to do those battles on Hard? And what does your entire roster look like?
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    OK a bit of an update because I got a good look at some of the broken things happening here.

My Roster:
    Iron Man 35 - 25 (2/4/2)
    Storm 11 (3/0/3)
    Magneto MN 8 (0/1/1) I know, two heroics...
    Cap 6 (1/0/0)
    Daken 6 (1/0)
    Astonishing Wolverine 6 (1/0/0)
    Black Widow M 5 (3/3)
    Juggernaught 1 (1/1)

I picked up Daken tonight, and he is messed up powerful. At initial level 6 he has 2500 health and lays down strike tiles that do +18. That's all with a whole 1 cover.

Simulation 1 - All 27s. Easy enough, none of their countdowns does more than scratch Daken. Spend a Health Pack on him. Done.

Simulation 2. Sheer Lunacy. I am up against a 14 Widow, 15 Storm, 14 Wolverine. They give me a 41 IM40. There is laughter. Then Carnage.

Simulation 3. Magneto, Loki and Ragnarok all level 33. This one is closer than it appears on paper, as Rags has almost 4k buffed Hitpoints. Go in with Cap, Daken and IM35 (Just so I have someone who can actually spend the AP) It's a close match, but none of my team fall below 800 HP.

Simulation 4. Level 84 Wolverine, 85 Pyro and Daredevil. This looks too tough for my team.

With a little luck and tweaking I think my STeam team could do much better than my iOS team.
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    I managed to kick down the gates to the normal simulator, and there I find things like Ares, Thor and Hulk in the desert at level 14.

I'm not going to even suggest what Cap and Daken are going to do to them.

But with these kinds of difficulties, if I had the time to play two accounts, Steam could easily be doing better in the ratings. The only question is when these enemies levels will start to rise.