Who should I go for?

Options
danikalil
danikalil Posts: 502
Hi to all,

I'm stuck...I have over 100k of Iso-8 and have no idea who to spend it on. I've bought myself a fair set of HP, and I'm willing to invest them on buying covers for a ** or *** star hero.

Since I already have Thor and OBW maxed out, I want to go for an attack character to replace Wolvie (he was nerfed into oblivion, ugh). Could you please tell me who should I invest on?

My roster currently is:

OBW 85
Thor 85
Wolverine 85
Spidey 53
Captain America 47 (covers maxed out)
Hawkeye 41 (covers maxed out)
Hulk 41
Ares 21
GSBW 20
IM40 18
Loki 15
*** Magneto 15
Doctor Doom 15
Patch 15
C-Storm 6 (covers maxed out)
Moonstone 6
** Magneto 6

Comments

• Where are you getting your iso and can you donate to the poor? I personally like hawk but lots of people think he's bad. Throw some iso at c storm, she's pretty good. I dont know what covers you have for the rest so I can't say about them. And DO NOT level cap. He blows.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suggest levelling all these below up till 40-50, its low cost. U can try them out, and spend extra ISO on ones you like.

Hulk 41
    Ares 21
    GSBW 20
    *** Magneto 15
    Patch 15
    C-Storm
    ** Magneto

Dont spend HP on covers, you can collect them soon enough...
    Best HP use is tournament shields on the end of the tournaments, and for cover slots of course.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Where are you getting your iso and can you donate to the poor? I personally like hawk but lots of people think he's bad. Throw some iso at c storm, she's pretty good. I dont know what covers you have for the rest so I can't say about them. And DO NOT level cap. He blows.

Haha. My Iso-8 stash - actually, my wife's - is the result of nearly a month she's spent sick in bed, playing MPQ daily for several hours. Most of it came from playing the tournaments. I personally like hawk, but she doesn't seem to cotton to him. Cap sucks. Thanks for your advice, she was thinking of going for C-Storm too.
  • danikalil
    Options
    turul wrote:
    I suggest levelling all these below up till 40-50, its low cost. U can try them out, and spend extra ISO on ones you like.

Hulk 41
    Ares 21
    GSBW 20
    *** Magneto 15
    Patch 15
    C-Storm
    ** Magneto

Dont spend HP on covers, you can collect them soon enough...
    Best HP use is tournament shields on the end of the tournaments, and for cover slots of course.

I've been trying to collect covers by playing tournaments, but, as you can see, all I have managed is to acquire several random ***-stars covers without follow-up. I just want to get my wife a suitable replacement for Wolvie, because she wants to place higher on tournaments so as to win better covers, and also because being sick in bed SUCKS and I want her to have some fun icon_e_smile.gif Thanks for the reply!
  • Well especially with hero rounds starting I would suggest investing in the Hulk / BWGS combo.
    Hulk is a great tank / defender. His anger feeds green for BWGS who has the best green in the game. Her pink also feeds her green. You already have OBW as a good 3rd.

So basically hp on hulks black and BWGS green. I think I'm actually gonna buy 2 of her green covers. I've been sitting at 1/3/5 forever and I'm getting her green as progression in like 3 days.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Well especially with hero rounds starting I would suggest investing in the Hulk / BWGS combo.
    Hulk is a great tank / defender. His anger feeds green for BWGS who has the best green in the game. Her pink also feeds her green. You already have OBW as a good 3rd.

So basically hp on hulks black and BWGS green. I think I'm actually gonna buy 2 of her green covers. I've been sitting at 1/3/5 forever and I'm getting her green as progression in like 3 days.

Hmm, that's an interesting combo! Thanks for the reply. I really wish I had Hulk's black covers - at least one to start building on it. But the advice's appreciated!
  • danikalil wrote:
    Well especially with hero rounds starting I would suggest investing in the Hulk / BWGS combo.

Hmm, that's an interesting combo! Thanks for the reply. I really wish I had Hulk's black covers - at least one to start building on it. But the advice's appreciated!

If you had a level 115 hulk, Hulk/OBW/ Thor would work pretty good too. Thor will only be exposed on Yellow, OBW only exposed on Blue/Pink. With careful play OBW and Thor will likely never be downed, and you can just health pack Hulk whenever he needs it. I often go 2-4 battles without having to health pack Hulk when i'm using OBW with him.

Hulks Black and Thors yellow feeds green, then you can use either Thunderclap or Call of the Storm, or a max Green Smash whichever works best.

Remember that 3* characters are often not as good as 2 * characters until level 98 or so (with some exceptions)
  • danikalil
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:
    danikalil wrote:

If you had a level 115 hulk, Hulk/OBW/ Thor would work pretty good too. Thor will only be exposed on Yellow, OBW only exposed on Blue/Pink. With careful play OBW and Thor will likely never be downed, and you can just health pack Hulk whenever he needs it. I often go 2-4 battles without having to health pack Hulk when i'm using OBW with him.

Hulks Black and Thors yellow feeds green, then you can use either Thunderclap or Call of the Storm, or a max Green Smash whichever works best.

Remember that 3* characters are often not as good as 2 * characters until level 98 or so (with some exceptions)

Thanks! I've been wanting to upgrade C-Storm, but she has such low health...

Now OBW is a powerful healer. I confess I keep playing the same old Venom-25 mission in the Prologue so she can heal my team icon_e_smile.gif.

On Thor, his green is quite good. When respec comes, I'll be maxing it.
  • With the Thor / hulk / BWGS combo it would be a little different. You would actually want a 5/5/3 Thor.

BWGS has a better green than Thor. Third primary surveyors be his yellow. Much like hulks black it feeds TONS of green. Hulks red is counter priductive. Thor's red feeds yellow which feeds green. BWGS as mentioned has a pink that feeds green.

You would literally have hulk tanking while BWGS throws out sniper aoe after sniper aoe after sniper aoe. Pretty fkn sweet.