Useful partners for Red Hulk

maguirenumber6
maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
I now have ten covers for Red Hulk (3/3/4), who is currently at level 209. I now hope to use him in events. Who are the best characters to partner with him in order to make him most effective?

Comments

• Well, I always think about the concept of feeding him his green/purple. So, if we're talking 3* territory, I might recommend Scarlet Witch and IM40.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    once you get 5 green covers, everything will be about getting him to 18 green. so in 3* land that can be 3thor too. all of the rest of the green accelerators are purple, which a covered rulk already has covered. witch and either im40 or 3thor work well. hell, 2thor does the same thing too depending on your roster level. any ap controller helps too like hood, or maybe loki, but purple conflict there.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    For 4 star partners, try Totally Awesome Hulk (max blue countdown to generate green tiles and black for charged green tiles. Black currently broken, hopefully fixed soon). The new Starlord is another possible partner (reducing purple cost with the passive yellow). Depending on who's highest level on the team, Cyclops can work (if TA Hulk is higher, green is strongest color and Cyclops yellow will make green with team up matches). Personally, I look at TA Hulk as a support for a team of Red Hulk and Thor: Goddess, with the passive green tile generation and the cheap charged tile creation (and I really look forward to the day when my Thor is actually champion so I can try that team out).
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I now have ten covers for Red Hulk (3/3/4), who is currently at level 209. I now hope to use him in events. Who are the best characters to partner with him in order to make him most effective?

I've got a 1/5/3 Red Hulk at 192, and tbh, I wouldn't even bother till you get the fifth green. Hammer and Anvil is pretty meh for the cost below that.

That being said, I run him in SHIELD Sim and PvE hard nodes pretty regularly with IM40 and 553 Kamala. Like TxMoose said, it's all about getting to 18 green asap.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    hulk bomb. lasts much longer than green hulk. all you need is 5 red. purple helps with berserker
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    S/Witch, especially when shield hopping, this is one of the fastest out there. 18 Green FTW