*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly think that Bag-man might be the best hero to pair with DD. Take from that what you will.

Switcheroo lets you setup trap matches - AI tends to prioritize match-4's over match-3's even if it's an off-color. So you should be able to lure even Daken into matching red or blue.

I need to test if his web lock prevents a trap from activating on match - I would assume it does, but if it does not, then I think that solidifes this pairing.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    If stun does not disables (not disarms) traps while stunned, than downing DareDevil should not disarm traps.
  • turul wrote:
    If stun does not disables (not disarms) traps while stunned, than downing DareDevil should not disarm traps.

Does it? I've never had my DD get downed with traps on the board. And when I down the other DD, I can't tell if his traps go away or not.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    This is working as designed, AFAIK.

It's already pretty easy to overwrite his traps. If stun defeated them as well, he'd be even weaker.

Yeah but it should be no different than a countdown tile, How can he pop out and hit me while hes supposedly stunned? It's not consistent with the countdown tile logic.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

It's already pretty easy to overwrite his traps. If stun defeated them as well, he'd be even weaker.

Yeah but it should be no different than a countdown tile, How can he pop out and hit me while hes supposedly stunned? It's not consistent with the countdown tile logic.

If you set a mousetrap, do you then sit next to it with a stick so that you can hit any mouse that comes by? No, the trap hits the mouse wherever you are or whatever you are doing. Same should apply for his traps, right?
  • sms4002 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

If you set a mousetrap, do you then sit next to it with a stick so that you can hit any mouse that comes by? No, the trap hits the mouse wherever you are or whatever you are doing. Same should apply for his traps, right?
    Well, there are a lot of traps that take a person triggering to use them. An ambush is a great example. But the disparity is there either way. If he's needed to set off the traps, they shouldn't go off if he's stunned. If he's not needed, then they shouldn't be disabled when he's downed.

I think it's fine the way it works now, although I don't like how they can be overwritten so easily. If they were to be neutralized while he's stunned, they'd need something else to make them more viable. I'd be fine with a trade. They become temporarily inactive when he's stunned but they can't be overwritten by strike tiles. I actually think it would be best if the tile could be both a strike tile and a trap tile.
  • For anyone interested (and I suggest this info to be added to the opening post) traps can be activated even if DD is stunned (I believed otherwise, so was very "****?" when I activated one against the AI... Luckily, it was "only" a blue one)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    I tend to agree with this.

In general I think traps are a good idea, but the implementation seems slightly wrong.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

This would make sense if he set a bomb or something, but this is him popping out and kicking you in the face. That's why it shouldn't trigger when stunned. I really hope we get a fix for this before the upcoming daredevil tourney... or at least a response from icex because this is getting really annoying magically getting hit while hes stunned.
  • SO is there a tournament starting with him tomorrow? One of my friends mentioned it today (thats a lie, i have no friends)

If so has anyone leveled him up at all? cause the ones i fight against, the highest i seen was a 28. But i started leveling mine today, currently 49, will be 64 by the time tomorrow comes and hopefully if i do this nerfarious tournament with 6 hours to go i might snag a cover or 2.But my point is, even though i have him levelled a bit, he is still dog poo. Whats the point in his red power if i use wolverine as his is not just hoping the a.i match his red one? Or maybe i aint using him right, either way i still love his taint move icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    According to the in-game "noticeboard", the next tournament will be a re-run of Blind Justice, which featured Daredevil.
    Interestingly, this time it uses the tagline "Beware the terrible swift sword", which I'm fairly certain it didn't last time. Personally, I'm of the impression that it may be a Daredevil/Psylocke double feature.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:
    According to the in-game "noticeboard", the next tournament will be a re-run of Blind Justice, which featured Daredevil.
    Interestingly, this time it uses the tagline "Beware the terrible swift sword", which I'm fairly certain it didn't last time. Personally, I'm of the impression that it may be a Daredevil/Psylocke double feature.

Have they ever had a tournament with a character that was completely unobtainable? Until the simulator ends it is impossible to obtain Psylocke. I guess they could give us 3/3/3 decent level ones to use and it could motivate people to play in the simulator... although motivating more people to play it and thus ramping up the public scaling even more makes me sad.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Psylocke is probably the 1, 2-5, and 6-15 rewards
  • Mawtful
    akboyce wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

Have they ever had a tournament with a character that was completely unobtainable? Until the simulator ends it is impossible to obtain Psylocke. I guess they could give us 3/3/3 decent level ones to use and it could motivate people to play in the simulator... although motivating more people to play it and thus ramping up the public scaling even more makes me sad.

huh, you know, I hadn't even looked at where the dates lined up. (I guess I've just about had enough of The Simulator already)

Kelbris is probably right, Psylocke for rewards.
  • akboyce wrote:

I think they'll probably wait till this initial tournament ends before offering Psylocke as reward, then will be available in some (but not all) of the following PvP events for a while.

Public scaling can't scale the levels up much more for me, only 2 levels on easy that are at 200ish and the rest are already 230. Maybe if people die a lot on some of the missions, it might help bring the levels down icon_e_smile.gif
  • hetchel wrote:
    For anyone interested (and I suggest this info to be added to the opening post) traps can be activated even if DD is stunned (I believed otherwise, so was very "****?" when I activated one against the AI... Luckily, it was "only" a blue one)

Not only that, but his Ambush (red) can also be wiped out by Wolverine's Feral Claw attack which places a red strike tile on the board. I've had this happen to me a couple of times after placing the ambush only to see it get blitzed by Wolverine's tile. icon_eek.gif
  • Yea, both of these were reported as bugs because they seemed to be broken. They was a little discussion on each here and here.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    When an enemy Daredevil lays a trap, an indication of this whizzes by.

Some sort of indicator should still be given. It would look much like a friendly trap indicator in a darker, lighter color, but with the "friendly" info removed. The replacement text would look like:

"This trap is likely on a different red tile."
    "This trap is likely on a different blue tile."
    "This trap is likely on a different environment tile."
  • That kind of defeats the purpose of the trap. I would like to know if I disarmed it after I make a match of the same color or hit the same color with a match 4.
  • When an enemy Daredevil lays a trap, an indication of this whizzes by.

Some sort of indicator should still be given. It would look much like a friendly trap indicator in a darker, lighter color, but with the "friendly" info removed. The replacement text would look like:

"This trap is likely on a different red tile."
    "This trap is likely on a different blue tile."
    "This trap is likely on a different environment tile."

Ooooh

Spider Man

When you make a match it fails to proc