Halloween Event

Options
qwweetrtr
qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Wow........general discussion as what do you think? I get black only packs....I feel it could have been black and blue packs instead because those are the well known colors for zombies black and blue. Why have you the option of black and blue PWs but only black packs? Maybe even one of those packs being just black and another being just blue? Also, no coalition? Is this the equivalent to egging/ toilet papering our house? Why the heck wouldn't there be coalition rewards? Finally, not that I'm complaining since I'm never top 5 so this doesn't effect me but, no Mythic for the top 5? That's just cruel and unusual to have people really fight to still get a rare. 50 more gold yes, that's awesome.....but no mythic?

Comments

• wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, I imagine Yunnnn is excited--he won't have to make the agonizing decision about whether or not he should intentionally lose. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wink wrote:
    Well, I imagine Yunnnn is excited--he won't have to make the agonizing decision about whether or not he should intentionally lose. icon_e_wink.gif

Incoming brag post alluding to perfect secret deck of behold the beyond and under the floorboards?
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    wink wrote:

Incoming brag post alluding to perfect secret deck of behold the beyond and under the floorboards?
    I don't see that deck working in this event in the higher tiers. Remember that this is a black/blue exclusive event... which means there will be Exert Influence, a LOT of cheap removals, and the fact that this event is similar to **** with ENRAGED taking effect after ~5 turns... I would think there would be a premium on defenders.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    I would think there would be a premium on defenders.

Graf Harvest says you're wrong.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    I was just going to run True-Faith Censer + Relentless dead and make random matches while your zombies/kill spells did all the work. No need to actually run any of the zombie cards at all...
    I don't see that deck working in this event in the higher tiers. Remember that this is a black/blue exclusive event... which means there will be Exert Influence, a LOT of cheap removals
    I highly doubt that anyone is playing blue except to troll.
  • HomeRn
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    HomeRn wrote:

Crow of Dark Tidings, Prized Amalgam, and Diregraf Colossus. All 3 are natural defenders.

Your move.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    HomeRn wrote:

Crow of Dark Tidings, Prized Amalgam, and Diregraf Colossus. All 3 are natural defenders.

Your move.

Check bug forums. There's a report that graf harvest is making creatures truly unlockable regardless of defenders.
  • HomeRn
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    HomeRn wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    HomeRn wrote:

Your move.

Check bug forums. There's a report that graf harvest is making creatures truly unlockable regardless of defenders.
    It appears that MENANCE itself is the problem, not Graf Harvest. Also based on other bug reports...

Also, what if I have all 3 defenders out before Graf Harvest drops?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    HomeRn wrote:
    I was just going to run True-Faith Censer + Relentless dead and make random matches while your zombies/kill spells did all the work. No need to actually run any of the zombie cards at all...
    I don't see that deck working in this event in the higher tiers. Remember that this is a black/blue exclusive event... which means there will be Exert Influence, a LOT of cheap removals
    I highly doubt that anyone is playing blue except to troll.
    I really enjoyed the event. Here is my Jace 2 deck. I just leveled him and had never really played him before. I'm sure the deck could be optimized a little better. I think the max Zombies summoned in one game was 38.

1h6Lq38.png?3

Y1XKP6E.png?3
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    I really enjoyed the event. Here is my Jace 2 deck. I just leveled him and had never really played him before. I'm sure the deck could be optimized a little better. I think the max Zombies summoned in one game was 38.

I like the build, to me it felt like blue was the most fun, black seemed pretty boring and the deck built itself. I personally went with Kiora so I could use some reclaim shenanigans.

Enjoyed this event a lot more than some of the previous and the matchmaking seemed to work correctly too!