Duplicating a favorite player for health?

Options
Orchedelia
Orchedelia Posts: 46
edited October 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I'm new - about Day 60 - deep into 2* Land and about to champ my 10th or 11th 2*. I've always had many more 3*s since about my 3rd-4th week (I have 33 at this writing), which are, of course, unusable with 1-2 covers.

I'm mostly PVE because PVP only hands me matchups I can't even comprehend. I take my 10 healthpacks down to 0-3 almost daily.

I've not come across this on the forum, but I have every intention of duplicating another 2* OBW because I rely so heavily on her. (going to farm them all anyway)
I can literally double the amount of matches/nodes/LR/etc at this stage of my game...but, who knows...maybe her use will become obsolete as I gather 3*s and begin that stage...

Anybody else duplicating a star player just to guarantee health?
Anybody like to comment on OBW's usefulness from 2*-3* transition?

Comments

• Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm just in the process of Championing my 3* roster after having gone very very slowly in the level advancement (I opted to level everything evenly). I still use OBW every single day.

The only reason I haven't duped my own 2* roster is because I'm still soaking in the ISO to try and get the 3*s on the Champion tracks.

If Roster Spots aren't an issue for you, and you don't feel the crush for ISO yet, then I say go to town. OBW is one of the longest lasting characters from the 2* tier in my opinion.

Hope this helps!
  • Orchedelia
    Options
    Yeah, I had a feeling her "health and stealth" abilities would carry far into the 3* game.

I decided recently that I don't mind spending cash for roster slots, as this is my sole form of entertainment in life. (2 full time jobs, 1 part-time, and no life, no wife, no kids, no nothing! - except music equipment) I always thought gaming should be free, but now that I dig this game so much, I have no problem with spending a little on it.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OBW is a very solid character. Her problems in 3* land are her low life point and her passive needs her to do the match. She will definitely help with your 2*-3* transition and quite handy, mostly in pve, even when you are firmly 3* land. As for champing a dupe, I won't be worried about champing a dupe for 2* at all. You can sell the fully max 2* (lv144) at almost the price you build him/her. (I don't remember the details exactly, but you will lose ~8000 iso and gain a decent chunk of hp, tokens, 3* covers.)