Cheat or bug?

Options
Hesturk
Hesturk Posts: 73 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
There's something very disturbing in the event at the moment : it's almost 23:55 UTC, we started the event with 5 counter on each, the node have refresh once. Meaning we could played 18 games, we can score 7 points max per game, so at most someone could have 126 points. Could somebody explain this to me ? And how fair is this to anyone ?

I got 7 people with over 126 points, I've got a screenshot but idk how to paste it here from my cellphone if anyone wants to help.

Comments

• Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Not much different than the last two QB's events I was in where an hour after the new QB session started the number 1 guy had 600 score already. I can't for the life of me figure out how it is even physically possible.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The event started 2 hours earlier than usual, did you take that into account?
  • Hesturk
    Hesturk Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    The event started 2 hours earlier than usual, did you take that into account?

I was totally unaware of that. That explains everything.. thank
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see that in QB too, and I've always wondered how someone earns 200-400 ribbons in less than an hour. With my fastest deck, making quick matches, and just playing my hand without reordering, I can MAYBE get 80-100. Ive suspected for a while there are some cheaters out there. Maybe using some separate app that accelerates the gameplay somehow. I don't know, I'm no techie. But yes, I would love to know how this is even physically possible, or if there is some secret to it.
    If not cheating, then my only logical theory is that they're using koth lvl 40-49. Lower health pool and faster mana production could possibly enable someone to play two matches in the time it takes a lvl 60 to play one match. They'd then be earning 8 ribbons for every 6 of mine. 12 to my six if they can squeeze in a third battle. But even that's a stretch if they have 550 ribbons 56 minutes after the QB started.
    Anybody have an explanation or theory, I'm all ears.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I see that in QB too, and I've always wondered how someone earns 200-400 ribbons in less than an hour. With my fastest deck, making quick matches, and just playing my hand without reordering, I can MAYBE get 80-100. Ive suspected for a while there are some cheaters out there. Maybe using some separate app that accelerates the gameplay somehow. I don't know, I'm no techie. But yes, I would love to know how this is even physically possible, or if there is some secret to it.
    If not cheating, then my only logical theory is that they're using koth lvl 40-49. Lower health pool and faster mana production could possibly enable someone to play two matches in the time it takes a lvl 60 to play one match. They'd then be earning 8 ribbons for every 6 of mine. 12 to my six if they can squeeze in a third battle. But even that's a stretch if they have 550 ribbons 56 minutes after the QB started.
    its near impossible to be 1st in QB on your own
    I can only imagine that winners of QB events are sharing their account between 2-3 people
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have won several QB on my own without sharing an account. We watch QB very closely. If someone was cheating we'd know it. No evidence of this has been seen by our team. You can win, you just have to stay up all night for 6+ hours.

Grizzo, Extinction
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've never shared my account and I win my fair share if QBs. You just have to invest A LOT of time into it
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I can only imagine that winners of QB events are sharing their account between 2-3 people
    I'm pretty sure some people have cheated at quick battle. Back near the start of the game I was in a early bracket weekend quick battle where 1st place had 3000 points when I was in 2nd place with 1500ish. It's probably not as widespread as you're describing though.

It is very possible to win at quick battle if you join near the start of a bracket and don't have cheaters. You just have to

A) Be fast
    B) Be dedicated to play as much as you can before the QB ends
    C) Be lucky enough that there isn't a faster/more dedicated or cheating player in your bracket.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    If you think someone is cheating there is a mechanism for reporting that here in the forums. You should definitely do it. However I think you'll find that no one is cheating though. We'd have seen it.

Grizzo, Extinction
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Here's the cheater report link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43783
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think a fair number of us are avid quick battle players who sink hours into it every day.

It's not impossible, just takes dedication and time.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can't play concurrent games on multiple devices with the same account.

There are some extremely fast players. I know people who can do 150-162 ribbons in an hour after the most recent speed-ups.

We watch QB very closely too to make sure there is no cheating. I'm not the fastest, but I'm fairly fast. Rootbreaker said it best:
    It is very possible to win at quick battle if you join near the start of a bracket and don't have cheaters. You just have to

A) Be fast
    B) Be dedicated to play as much as you can before the QB ends
    C) Be lucky enough that there isn't a faster/more dedicated or cheating player in your bracket.
    ^^this

I sometimes take screenshots of the QB rankings and plot out peoples rates when something seems fishy, but haven't seen anything too suspicious for a long time.
  • KoopaTroopa
    Options
    Guys, you seriously believe this mobile game is the very first special beautiful snowflake witout bots and modded apps?

Not long ago I saw the app modded so you always have your planewalker's abilitties full from the beginng of the match... add that up to the fact that devs simply don't care for quality (hence the app being flooded with bugs, glitches, unbalanced stuff, rig drops, noxious pay to win mechanics.. etc... etc... etc ... etc.... etc) and the fact they barely have time for said issues, much more less to keep bots at bay.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys, you seriously believe this mobile game is the very first special beautiful snowflake witout bots and modded apps?

Not long ago I saw the app modded so you always have your planewalker's abilitties full from the beginng of the match... add that up to the fact that devs simply don't care for quality (hence the app being flooded with bugs, glitches, unbalanced stuff, rig drops, noxious pay to win mechanics.. etc... etc... etc ... etc.... etc) and the fact they barely have time for said issues, much more less to keep bots at bay.

I would be interested to know where you came across the mod. A lot of it is stored server side, and the game obsessively checks in with the server, so I'm not sure how it's not being caught.