My neck is killing me.

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
Is anyone else getting physical injuries from having to play this much?

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am nursing what feels like a slipped disc and the poor posture from being hunched over is pinching a nerve. In addition, running into a Koth deck with an Olivia + Akoum firebird combo while I cannot draw a card from 30% of my library to save myself as the AI builds 40 mana per turn caused me to rage like a gorilla smashing the desk with my fist. I fear more for the desk but I'm sure I will feel something tomorrow.

Why this event so short? I can barely make the progression. I'm at 149/150 right now and I have 3 timers coming up around 11:00am. I'm ranked 34 in my bracket in Gold Tier. I might even proc a guaranteed rare despite only getting the minimum.
  • shteev
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Why this event so short?

Short? Another day of this and I'll need a visit to my local witch doctor.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure you can simultaneously complain that the event is too short and that you're getting repetitive motion injury.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    I'm not sure you can simultaneously complain that the event is too short and that you're getting repetitive motion injury.

I see you're new here!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    EDHdad wrote:

I see you're new here!

Aha! It depends on your profession. You see, I'm a software developer, so I already sit in front of the computer for 13+ hours a day and already suffer from a baseline repetitive strain.

The point about the event being "short", is that I need to compress the same gameplay into half the time. Not to mention the matches are taking longer. So perhaps I should state that the event is "overly concentrated".
  • shteev
    Options
    RSI is setting in early in this event.
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Terrible eye strain for me icon_neutral.gif
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm wearing off my finger/thumb prints. :'(
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My mind is numb from doing another event where the requirements are way too high for the secondary targets.

Finally got the last of the progression awards - an EMC booster... and it turns out to be a booster sent from the heavens! TWO cards I didn't have in the same booster: Tree of Perdition and Selfless Spirit!

#FeelsGoodMan
  • shteev
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    My mind is numb from doing another event where the requirements are way too high for the secondary targets.

Finally got the last of the progression awards - an EMC booster... and it turns out to be a booster sent from the heavens! TWO cards I didn't have in the same booster: Tree of Perdition and Selfless Spirit!

I got nothing icon_e_sad.gif