Error trying to fetch the event

Options
warcin
warcin Posts: 118
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Is anyone else getting an error when trying to fetch the event?

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep. Game broke. Again.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played a few matches earlier but now I'm getting an error.
  • warcin
    Options
    They really need to change the event structure. They set it up so its first come first serve for the ranks, make it so you are at max number or retries at the start of the events and then have servers that can not in any way handle the load
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep. When I imagine the inside of the server, I envision cogs and pulleys, little trip switches, and the sweet clattering of an old timey steam driven turbine.
    I have to either be aggravated or amused, so I choose both.
  • Viszeron
    Viszeron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same. Had just finished a match and was about to collect rewards when the infamous "something went wrong" error appeared. So frustrating.
  • tomatus89
    tomatus89 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    servers down.......
  • randomRolle
    Options
    The usual broken game. Cant even get into the game.
    "Something went wrong"

Yeah, bad event structure, underdimensioned server. That's what went wrong. As usual.
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Currently undergoing maintenance. We thank you for your patience.
    I actually had a day off today too, and tried to start right on time and get a rank.
    Too bad the meme fad is over. I can see a picture: Richard Garfield facepalm.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure if the hot fix was needed due to overload from everyone trying to play at once or not.

Currently the node regen timer is kept on individual's game. I think the events should have a 60hr timer and a 48hr timer be kept on individual's games that doesn't start until 1st game started. This will allow all players to have a good start time for themselves.

This would also require a much needed revamp of reward system that would include all ties receive the same reward instead of who gets there faster. I know events like Avacyn might need to be handled different but I do not see how anyone could disagree with the PvP event suggestion.

This would also help with most of the overload that happens all at once at the beginning of the event.
  • warcin
    Options
    Well it was up for 40 minutes and now down again
  • tomatus89
    tomatus89 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    yep... down again
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    Oh there was an event today? Neat...
  • warcin
    Options
    Great its back but I lost 4 red/green mission. It was at 4 when it went down now it is at 0. They really need to fix this game
  • warcin
    Options
    and down again...